RCI Customer here about to book EPic

octagonmike

Another question, are there public showers in the exercise or spa areas for free use? On RCCL (except Oasis) there are. We are looking at 4 in a Deluxe Balcony and extra showers would help!

Also to reply to the above, on Oasis we did My Time Dining and they assigned us to the same servers every night we went, even though at different times.

Another question, are there public showers in the exercise or spa areas for free use? On RCCL (except Oasis) there are. We are looking at 4 in a Deluxe Balcony and extra showers would help!

Also to reply to the above, on Oasis we did My Time Dining and they assigned us to the same servers every night we went, even though at different times.

Impossible to answer the shower question yet. No details on the deck plans. The showers in the SPA area will not be open to the public but only available to those with spa passes. The question is are there showers in the fitness area? If yes you should be able to use them.

As far as having the same wait staff every night that can be done but keep in mind you will need to follow them. They often have different tables every night and often work in different restaurants each night.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking to book 14 night cruise out of Miami commencing 4th September.

From what I've read, you seem to be the first doing an Epic b-2-b. We sail October 9th - 23rd. Please let us know how the 8th day (embark/disembark) goes regarding re-carding.

From what I've read, you seem to be the first doing an Epic b-2-b. We sail October 9th - 23rd. Please let us know how the 8th day (embark/disembark) goes regarding re-carding.

"Re-Carding" ? Not sure what this means to be honest.

Since "everything changed since 9/11" some lines require you have your room card "reset" for the second portion of a back-to-back.

Some lines require you exit the ship, others ask you to assemble (in the theater, lounge etc) for this reset.

One cruise line required you go through customs.

Since "everything changed since 9/11" some lines require you have your room card "reset" for the second portion of a back-to-back.

Some lines require you exit the ship, others ask you to assemble (in the theater, lounge etc) for this reset.

One cruise line required you go through customs.

Oh ok thanks.

We will see. I did a B2B with OV 2 years ago and everything just carried on as normal. Those leaving the ship left and those of us staying on the ship stayed on or went into port and could come and go as we pleased. This however was Embarking in Barbados first week and Aruba second week before returning to Barbados at end of 2nd week.

I loved Aruba.

After 15 cruises on many different lines, 9 being RCI, Oasis did not interest me at all. We did LOS and although enjoyed it ( flow rider was great) it still did not hold many extras for us. Epic surely looks like a entertainment paradise. Really looking forward to it. If anyone wants any info to share pls contact me. Would love to meet up with others also thinking about this cruise.

In the past my Dh and I had always booked Carnival Cruises. We have always had a great time. However most of your cruise experience is up to the passenger. We are up for anything.

When looking to book our next cruise we were deciding between Carnival Dream or RCL Freedom of the seas..then came the EPIC. It was so different than everything we had ever seen. We were hooked. So we are booked on the Sept llth voyage of the EPIC. I think it is good to try different lines we just needed the EPIC to nudge us along..lol.

In future cruises we look to book on many diffferent cruise lines.

The one thing I can say for carnival is that we have always had great cruise directors. Especially our first and last one.

Have fun on the EPIC I am sure we will!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

You don't need to get dressed up or wear a suit or Tux on RC

It's a myth. They are actually very laid back fun ships but Epic just looks "grown up" and ideal for those of us that like to party without ankle biters running around. There are quite a few Adults only areas on Epic that I like the look of.

It may depend on when and where the Nicolodeon programs take place. Epic is definitely trying to attract families with many of their programs. Certainly there will be some Adults only venues, but I suspect that once outside of those venues, those that you refer to as "ankle biters" will be in evidence. However, based on my experience on lines that have very good kids programs, you are often unaware of just how many kids are on the cruise with you. Unless the "slime" events intrude into major sections of the Epic, you should be fine.

We found many quiet adult areas on Oasis, so I would hope that your experience on Epic will prove to be similar. If avoiding kids on your cruise is a big priority, there are a number of lines that offer a casual cruising experience without kids. You may, however, have to pay a premium for this type of atmosphere to sail with them.:)

"Re-Carding" ? Not sure what this means to be honest.

On some,perhaps most, lines you will need a new sea pass card for your second cruise. :) On our back to back we received the new card on the day before our second cruise began. We did have to check out of the ship by inserting our original seapass card in the card reader and make a quick visit to Customs and Immigration and as soon as the ship had been cleared of all the previous week's passengers, we reboarded and had the entire ship to ourselves for a couple of hours until the next week's passengers were allowed to board. The cruiseline even had a very nice lunch for us in the Main Dining room to welcome us back.:)

Archived