Show me your aft!

jhale

Hi, has anyone ever stayed on an aft wrap around on the Victory?

If so, do you have pics or vids? Thanks.

:)

oops!

Tried to post pic of cabin 6461.

Edited by DOTTE

Victory cabin 7425 from the inside:

Cruise%20-%20May%2016%20-%20Wedding%20Day%20%20%2812.1%29.JPG

Cruise%20-%20May%2016%20-%20Wedding%20Day%20%20%2813.1%29.JPG

Cruise%20-%20May%2016%20-%20Wedding%20Day%20%20%2813.2%29.JPG

Cruise%20-%20May%2016%20-%20Wedding%20Day%20%20%2814%29.JPG

Hi,

Does this room have the wrap around balcony? How is the view from this room....I see it is starboard. I wanted to get the aft balcony on the port side. Does it really make a difference since it is on the back of the ship?

We had an aft wrap on the Victory and the cabins right next to the aft wraps are a little larger than the ones in the middle. Also if you are a picture taker, the way the walls of the aft balconies slant, you can actually take pictures around the corner by shooting through the aft wrap next to you. Our Oct 2009 Victory cruise has lots of pictures of the aft cabin balconies and wrap on the 8th deck. (see link below)

Hi, can I see your pictures from the Victory aft wrap? Thanks.

Hi again, would you chose the port side or starboard?

When we did the Victory out of San Juan the starboard side was the best side to be on. Most of the time we were docked on the port side. That doesn't make much since, does it? What I'm trying to say is, that we could watch the pier runners most of the time. :D

a video of the Splendor in Long Beach in Rotation showing off her Aft this AM!

Very cool. Can I ask where this video was taken from was it the Queen Mary or Hotel Maya there in Long Beach? We have been trying to decide where to stay before our cruise and it would be great to wake up the morning of the cruise and have a view like this.:)

Very cool. Can I ask where this video was taken from was it the Queen Mary or Hotel Maya there in Long Beach? We have been trying to decide where to stay before our cruise and it would be great to wake up the morning of the cruise and have a view like this.:)

We have a condo overlooking the Carnival port, about 2 miles down the beach. I often get up early on Sun Mon & Fri, just to watch the ships arrive. This time I had my camera at hand to film it.

We are confirmed aftaholicis, so you can imagine our disappointment when we found this cabin (7461) was on a curve of the ship's design that cut into the size of the room. We expected a couch but the room was so small that only a STOOL could fit between the bed and the window. To make matters worse there was so much soot from the ship's smoke stack that it settled on all the furniture on the aft balconies. Our room steward warned us about it and the balconies were cleaned mid-week. But even so, the soot was there again the following day. We feel cheated since we paid more for an aft balcony cabin. :mad:

We are confirmed aftaholicis, so you can imagine our disappointment when we found this cabin (7461) was on a curve of the ship's design that cut into the size of the room. We expected a couch but the room was so small that only a STOOL could fit between the bed and the window. To make matters worse there was so much soot from the ship's smoke stack that it settled on all the furniture on the aft balconies. Our room steward warned us about it and the balconies were cleaned mid-week. But even so, the soot was there again the following day. We feel cheated since we paid more for an aft balcony cabin. :mad:

Ugh, had that exact room booked and after reading reviews and seeing pictures on the equivalent room on the Dream, we moved to a balcony on the Lido (far forward). SO glad we moved (cruise on Magic in July). Thanks for confirming all of my fears. I can't believe they charge more for that room! :eek:

Mindy

I can FINALLY contribute here...

7440 on the Valor!!!

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

We opened up the divider between 7440 and 7434 for the largest private balcony space on the ship!

From the corner down the side

PICT0209.jpg

From the corner towards the aft

PICT0210.jpg

Had a great week!

That is horrible. I hope that doesn't happen to us!!!!

We are addicted to afts, too. The soot seems to vary from ship to ship. I TRY to remember to wipe everything down in the morning before my coffee arrives. :) I see you were on the empress deck, which is what we usually book. I wonder why soot was so bad on the Magic.

I have learned the hard way about the size of the rooms. I usually book through PVP, but always do a fake booking on line so I can see the descriptions. The descriptions will show either a chair and table or sofa and table.

I hope you have better luck on your next cruise!

Joy

We have been in the aft cabins for the Conquest/Glory/Freedom and you can feel the vibration when the ship is parallel parking in port. We were in 6485 on the Conquest/Glory and 6483 on the Freedom. The views and deckspace are definatly worth dealing with the slight vibrations.

We are looking forward to our aft cabin on the Dream in a few months! We are in 8477 (I think).

I am looking for pics of the cabin you mentioned for the Glory. Do you have pictures? Would you suggest this over a regular balcony? I normally go with mid ship balcony, but thinking about trying out the aft. I'm afraid that being aft it might be a little more motion then mid ship. But on the other hand, I'm all about a beautiful view.

Please help. We are looking at sailing on Carnival Liberty. Which deck level or particular cabins are going to fit the bill.

As you can see by my sig, we have only cruised RCCL but are ready for a change. We like aft cabins, particularly corner aft deck 7 of Voyager and Freedom class ships. We like two things about these balconies, #1 there is always shade somewhere on them and #2 they are very private. The last thing I want is someone looking into my balcony. We do sunbathe nude on occasion and don't want to ruin someone else's cruise. ;) The other reason we like our privacy is we work around other people 51 weeks a year, it is our week to not have to be around others if we choose.

I'm very short on any information about Carnival ships, please help a RCCL fan choose a good cabin for our first Carnival cruise!

Tim