Embakation Room Changes

jlmkey

Princess doesn't normally sell pier upgrades as other cruise lines do. And as already has been said, you would not be paying a discount rate if there happened to be a balcony room available. Princess gives out complimentary upgrades IF there are any higher category cabins available weeks before sailing (no way to increase your change of receiving one). So, if you would like a balcony cabin, I would suggest you check the rates now, or hope that you receive a complimentary upgrade from Princess. Although from an obstructed view outside to a balcony would be quite an upgrade, not unheard of, but rare. Good Luck!

Is it possible to upgrade your room at the time of check in...we have an obsrtucted veiw...might upgrade to balcony if allowed.:o
No. You would not be able to "upgrade" your cabin at embarkation. The check-in people do not have booking information in their computers and are unable to make any changes; they can merely check you in. Every ship I've been on for years has had a sign at the Front Desk that says, "The ship is sailing full; no cabins are available" or something to that effect. Even if you ask at the Front Desk and a cabin in a higher category were available, you'll pay the price difference between your cabin and the full price of the new cabin.

Best way to get a better cabin is to book the one you want in the first place.

All the above is correct. I would like to add that Princess does do complimentary upgrades at the pier. We were upgraded from a mini suite to a full suite at check-in. I'm sure the upgrade was processed a few days before we boarded, but after the Cruise Personalizer closed or we had left for the trip. A VERY nice surprise! :D It can happen.

Nope, not with Princess. RCI and NCL, yes, not Princess though. Make your changes before you leave home.

The minute you get onboard, the Purser's Desk crew put out their handy, pre-printed little sign: "This cruise is completely sold out. There are no cabins available for cabin changes or upgrades".

I laugh every time I see that since I've been on a few cruises I knew were not sold out. :rolleyes:

Nope, not with Princess. RCI and NCL, yes, not Princess though. Make your changes before you leave home.

The minute you get onboard, the Purser's Desk crew put out their handy, pre-printed little sign: "This cruise is completely sold out. There are no cabins available for cabin changes or upgrades".

I laugh every time I see that since I've been on a few cruises I knew were not sold out. :rolleyes:

That's funny because I ALWAYS see that sign and think to myself "is that true?" :rolleyes:

I just make sure I book a cabin that I will be happy with and them hope for the comp upgrade.

All the above is correct. I would like to add that Princess does do complimentary upgrades at the pier. We were upgraded from a mini suite to a full suite at check-in. I'm sure the upgrade was processed a few days before we boarded, but after the Cruise Personalizer closed or we had left for the trip. A VERY nice surprise! :D It can happen.
True, but the upgrade could have happened anytime in the five days before checking in. The check-in people are absolutely, positively unable to provide upgrades at the pier as they don't have access to the booking software. Any complimentary upgrade would have been done beforehand and been in their system with the new cabin #.

Archived