Holiday Inn Port of Miami - Taxi Rates

Cruisinini

We (group of 5 adults) are looking at staying at the infamous Holiday Inn Port of Miami. I know there are no free shuttles yadda yadda from the airport or to the port. But, does anyone that has taken a taxi recently remember how much it is:

1- from MIA to the hotel?

2- from the hotel to POM?

TIA!!

eandj, thanks for the super quick and helpful response! Good to hear that it's about what I was expecting.

I've heard taxis just show up at this hotel expecting cruisers needing rides to the port. But, should we call ahead anyway for a van taxi so that we know it will be large enough for the 5 of us? In past experience it seems I remember getting a van taxi at the airport was generally easy to find so not too worried about that leg.

John is correct. The front desk can be a big help. Try to get rooms up high with a bay view. You will sea the ships in port when you wake up the next morning. And enjoy Bayside just across the street!

Rick and Deirdra

We have stayed there four times before a cruise and getting a cab is no problem in the morning, they are lining up to wait. It is always a good idea to call for one, but we have never had to.

One time someone came in a shuttle van and it was half the price, but that was lucky to get.

One word of advise, don't eat at the buffet before you go. Go to the CVS around the corner for a snack or go to the mall for breakfast if you need to eat. The last time we ate breakfast in the buffet, half the food was gone and no one was bringing it out and on top of that they add an automatic tip with horrible service. We usually leave around 10 and are on board for an early lunch.

We (group of 5 adults) are looking at staying at the infamous Holiday Inn Port of Miami. I know there are no free shuttles yadda yadda from the airport or to the port. But, does anyone that has taken a taxi recently remember how much it is:

1- from MIA to the hotel?

2- from the hotel to POM?

TIA!!

You can get a Supper Shuttle van at the airport. You do not need to reserve one. It is $55.oo for the whole van. Or different prices per person, if you do a shared ride. If you do shared, you will have to wait until they fill the van. And then wait as they drop people off where ever they are going. We booked 3 Vans for our group. We really do not need 3 full vans, but do not want to wait for them to fill the 3rd one. It is so worth the price to us to just have our own. They can hold up to 10 passengers. We just booked ours, so I know that price is current.

The cab from the HI POM to the ship is $10 per cab.

Prices sound right. The doorman there was very friendly and helpful when getting us a cab, they have all kinds in the little area right in front of the hotel, the doorman just whistles and gives some hand signals and you're all set.

We did doughnuts and juice from CVS one morning, and there's also a McDonald's about 3 blocks from the hotel for a quick breakfast bite.

Archived