ES-Price Drop quirk

mferris77

Here's the facts:

- Sailing on the Dream Sept 11 sailing.

- Inside rooms were going for 499, which is what I originally paid (with Early Saver).

- Early Saver should have gone away on 4/11, right? Well it was there up through last night (4/14).

- Yesterday evening I checked one more time and inside rooms were now listed at $449.

- This morning I submitted a price drop form, but then saw that Early Saver was no longer listed and the standard fare is $499.

So - does anyone know if the "price drop gods" have access to historical price listings, or does they only go off of the currently listed price? If I submit a form saying it was 449 last night and they say 'well now it's 499', am I screwed? I did keep screenshots of the prices for the room and all other room.

Also think there's any problem that this last minute drop was technically beyond the time that ES should have even been visible? This was all done through a regular front-page search on their site.

Here's the facts:

- Inside rooms were going for 499, which is what I originally paid (with Early Saver).

- Early Saver should have gone away on 4/11, right? Well it was there up through last night (4/14).

- Yesterday evening I checked one more time and inside rooms were now listed at $449.

- This morning I submitted a price drop form, but then saw that Early Saver was no longer listed and the standard fare is $499.

So - does anyone know if the "price drop gods" have access to historical price listings, or does they only go off of the currently listed price? If I submit a form saying it was 449 last night and they say 'well now it's 499', am I screwed? I did keep screenshots of the prices for the room and all other room.

Also think there's any problem that this last minute drop was technically beyond the time that ES should have even been visible? This was all done through a regular front-page search on their site.

The cutoff period for the Early Saver is flexible; if it was advertised you're entitled to it. They ARE able to check back (but not necessarily always accurate when they do so) - so it's best to have a time-tagged screenshot, as you do.

Be aware that up to 2 business days before sailing you're still eligible for any price drops in 55+ rate (if you're 55+), in Past Guest Rate (if you're Past Guest), if Residency Rate for your specific State drops, or Military Rate drops if you're Military Eligible (as always for same sailing, same Cabin Category and same ## PAX) !!!!!ken

Here's the facts:

They do have access to past rates, HOWEVER, they will only honor the rates that were available when you submitted the form. So if you saw it yesterday but didn't submit the form when the $449 price was still open they will NOT honor it. It's a part of the guidelines of the promotion. Even if you have screenshots of it, the fact that you didn't submit the form at the time means you won't get it. Sorry =(

Lately they've had a few sailings where early saver is extended a couple of extra days (I guess to give that last push) but keep checking.. if another promo that you qualify for becomes available you can still get those! And now that early saver is closed some sailings have promotions open up after it closes with lower prices.. cant hurt to check every once in while. Just make sure to submit the form the moment you see the new price.

You can't submit a form saying I saw this rate last night. You have to submit it when you see it. They pull up the time you submitted the form, pull the archive pricing for that time and compare. If it wasn't available you're out of luck. Why didn't you submit the form last night when you saw it?

You can't submit a form saying I saw this rate last night. You have to submit it when you see it. They pull up the time you submitted the form, pull the archive pricing for that time and compare. If it wasn't available you're out of luck. Why didn't you submit the form last night when you saw it?

OOPS! Missed that part! That could be a problem!!!

OP - Post your results!!!!!

ken

Ok I have a question. what happens if a customer (me) finds a rate before my TA does and it vanishes before she can submit the form? I always take screen shots of the price drops just incase but am curious what might happen if it raised before she got the form filled out and in.

I have a TA and I fill out the form first and submit it then send her the info for her to fill out. The first time she gave me all kinds of excuses why I would not get the price drop but I had already filled out the form and received a confirmation from carnival saying I will receive the price drop, I did read somewhere that when I fill out the form that the TA gets and email notice. Always fill it out at least its on file

Ok I have a question. what happens if a customer (me) finds a rate before my TA does and it vanishes before she can submit the form? I always take screen shots of the price drops just incase but am curious what might happen if it raised before she got the form filled out and in.

Interestingly, there's no requirement that the Price Adjustment Form be submitted the minute (or the day) you see the rate drop.

Also interestingly, the ONLY requirement is that "....the Lower rate must be ......available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents." As rate changes quickly come and go, This isn't remotely reasonable and IMO is rarely/never enforced.

IMO - The processors have the ability to determine if your claimed rate was offered where/when you say you saw it, but you are best served by having a date/time tagged screenprint (or printout) to substantiate your claim, and your claim will be honored when your claim is reasonably submitted.

Also, there are increasing reports of posters who booked by TA successfully submitting their own Price Protection Claim forms and getting their OBC. This actually seems to be a reasonable Procedure. And...there's no Terms & Conditions requirement that TA's are the only ones allowed to submit the Claims and the FAQ's only state that the TA "Can" submit for you (not that ONLY the TA can submit the claim).

ken

Hi all - I'll be sure to post my results...

And I must have been smoking crack when I wrote the original message above because I did NOT file the ES form this morning but last night, when it was available. I went back and checked my confirmation email from Carnival and it's timestamped at 8:35pm last night... I guess that's a good thing.. I think I was just concerned that the price had already disappeared before they had a chance to review my form.

Nothing says your TA has to submit it, you can.

Just following up here as requested:

I heard back from price drop gods on Saturday, and they said they had no record of the fare that I had mentioned. I then sent screenshots of the test booking I had done at the time and they were suddenly able to find the rate and reduced the fare.

Now my problems is that I wanted to get an upgrade, not a price reduction, but apparently I clicked the wrong thing on the form so now I'm waiting to see if they can fix that for me or if I'm SOL. Anyone know if they will "undo" a credit and make it an upgrade?

So moral of the story kids - TAKE SCREENSHOTS! If I hadn't taken a screenshot of the price drop I wouldn't have gotten anything!

My early saver rates have hung around for a extra day or so too, just how it is, not unusual.

I made the mistake of seeing it one night and thinking I could call my PVP the next day, and the next day poof!!! too late it was gone, and so was the price drop, should have grabbed it quick when I saw it one night, which was the last night they had early saver, just like your case.

Just following up here as requested:

I heard back from price drop gods on Saturday, and they said they had no record of the fare that I had mentioned. I then sent screenshots of the test booking I had done at the time and they were suddenly able to find the rate and reduced the fare.

Now my problems is that I wanted to get an upgrade, not a price reduction, but apparently I clicked the wrong thing on the form so now I'm waiting to see if they can fix that for me or if I'm SOL. Anyone know if they will "undo" a credit and make it an upgrade?

So moral of the story kids - TAKE SCREENSHOTS! If I hadn't taken a screenshot of the price drop I wouldn't have gotten anything!

what is a screenshot and how do you take one............thank you

The new things I learn. I was under the impression you had 48 hours to submit the form.

The new things I learn. I was under the impression you had 48 hours to submit the form.

Maybe you got it confused with the 48 hours price guarantee, which guarantees if the price drops within 48 hours of when you booked you get 110%?

I would submit it the minute I saw the rate drop ... and I write the time and date in the notes section when I submit it.

Nothing says your TA has to submit it, you can.

Actually, it does say somewhere that your TA has to submit the form (highlighted on the form itself):

"If you booked your cruise with a travel agent and need to make a Price Protection claim, simply contact your travel agent and they will submit it for you."

I tried to submit it myself, but I got an email from Carnival saying that since I booked through Travelocity, that they had to submit it for me. So, another 3 day wait for me. Boo!

On most computers, press Ctrl and PrtSc. This copies the screen. Paste it into something like MS Paint and save it.

And can someone tell me how you date/time stamp it? I have been able to do the print screen - but how do you prove when you saw it? or when you 'saved' it?

And can someone tell me how you date/time stamp it? I have been able to do the print screen - but how do you prove when you saw it? or when you 'saved' it?

Does it show your computer clock ... but I dont know how to put the date on it. But at least I CAN prove I saw the rate and note the time and date in the comments.

Does it show your computer clock ... but I dont know how to put the date on it. But at least I CAN prove I saw the rate and note the time and date in the comments.

When you save it will have the date when it was last modified. Right click on it and select properties.

actually, it does say somewhere that your ta has to submit the form (highlighted on the form itself):

"if you booked your cruise with a travel agent and need to make a price protection claim, simply contact your travel agent and they will submit it for you."

i tried to submit it myself, but i got an email from carnival saying that since i booked through travelocity, that they had to submit it for me. So, another 3 day wait for me. Boo!

I'm confused with carnival, I have a TA but I sent in the ES claim forms, so far three early saver forms, the last two have been approved by Carnival but this last one the email stated that my TA needs to send in the info. nothing has changed since the last two claims (one was a week ago....) why are they not consistent:confused:

bulldogblues

Archived