Early Saver Price Drops...Where Have YOU Found Them?

deej696

So after finding my first price drop last week, it made me curious where most folks find theirs. I found mine on CCL website, but are there other places I, and perhaps others, should be checking? I've got about 3 weeks till my cruise, hoping to get lucky again:D

So after finding my first price drop last week, it made me curious where most folks find theirs. I found mine on CCL website, but are there other places I, and perhaps others, should be checking? I've got about 3 weeks till my cruise, hoping to get lucky again:D

Always the Carnival site.. I don't think they will honor other price drops as most of those do not include taxes and fees.. I am sure if I am wrong someone will come along with the correct info;)

I just check Carnival. And anyone who checks anywhere else and posts it will get both of you in trouble with the mods. :) Can't mention other travel sources/websites on the board. ;)

Whoops...my bad, didn't realize. Mods if this needs to be closed, please do.

From Carnival's FAQ re. Early Saver:

What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

• What is a Carnival advertised fare?

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

So finding cheaper fares on other sites doesn't help you as you can't submit those lower fares for a price drop request. You have to find the lower fare on Carnival's site....:rolleyes:

Yeah and I assumed it had to be a Carnival fare also, but when I saw the "Website" field on the price drop form I thought perhaps they honored others. Guess not...

Oh well, thanks for the info guys...

Carnival.com - the ES Terms & Conditions specifically state that the Price Protection is only for Carnival Advertised Rates. ken

:D Just got another one today $20 each for Carnival Pride 11/7/2010. I think that was our 3rd one! First was $50 each (4x50=200) next was $20 (4x20=80) and now today another $20 (4x20=80)! So a total of $360! Yippee! :D I keep checking Carnival's site every couple of days. Seems to be working!

I submitted a form due to a price drop on another travel site...beginning with E and carnival honored it. I don't know maybe they were advertising the same price on their site also?!? Most Assuredly YES - you'll find that that site matches up to Carnival's rates 100% of the time - other than that site may offer a Gift Card or such, which Carnival won't match.

Ken

Archived