? about courses in MDR, and the Compass

If there are people at the table that order 2-3 appetizers each, or 2 entrees, do the waiters wait for that person to finish all of their appetizers/entree's before they move on to the next course for everyone else?

For instance, if I'm still eating my appetizer, will they bring out other people's main courses? I would feel awful if the whole table was waiting on me!!!

Also, silly question, but does the room steward bring a copy of the compass for each person in the room, or only one? I am travelling with a friend, but we don't necessarily want to do everything together, so we would like seperate copies of the compass.

Just thought of one more. Let's say you had an appetizer that you really loved, but you only ordered one when you put your original order in. Is it possible to get a second, or is it a real hassle for the wait staff?

It's a copy per stateroom, but you can pick up additional copies of Compass at the Guest Relations Desk. I'm sure if you asked your room steward for 2 copies, you'd get 2 copies.

I can't answer your question about the dining room, since I've only ever ordered 1 appetizer and 1 main course - only because it never occured to me to order more than one!

If there are people at the table that order 2-3 appetizers each, or 2 entrees, do the waiters wait for that person to finish all of their appetizers/entree's before they move on to the next course for everyone else?

For instance, if I'm still eating my appetizer, will they bring out other people's main courses? I would feel awful if the whole table was waiting on me!!!

Yes you have to wait until all appetizers among the table are eaten. The waiter gets all the courses at the same time. This is one of the reasons dining times can approach 2 hrs.

Yes, you can order an extra appetizer if you decide to.

I read a whilst back of a guest who had to wait whilst someone else on her table ate his way through the menu. Seriously. Had I been her I would have insisted the waiter serve my course when I was ready.

Whenever I've shared with non family members we all ate at the same pace; we sat at the same time and ordered together.

We typically had at least a couple people each night who would order more than one "starter." This did not seem to be a problem, because they would bring the second one to you as soon as you finished the first. So, unless you are a particularly low eater, the people who ordered two starters just didn't have any time gap between finishing the starters and the entree being delivered. Now, if you order four or five starters . . .

With entrees, they generally delivered both at the same time, if someone ordered more than one (which did happen a time or two). Same with desserts.

Archived