Royal Caribbean killed my dog!

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]My dog and I were quietly resting beside the pool when a cat sat right in front of us and started licking its bum. Imagine the horror we felt. When my dog went to approach the cat he was met with a stinging reply and copped a scratch on the nose for his trouble. We complained but the purser said that we knew there would be cats on board and insinuated that we were causing the trouble. All they offered us was a $50 credit. Will never sail with them again.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='chef_christoph']Those cats....boy do they deserve to be told a thing or two....I mean, think of the crew....how uncomfortable they must be during the Cat cruises....[/quote]

oopsie Edited by kaymbee

[quote name='chef_christoph']Those cats....boy do they deserve to be told a thing or two....I mean, think of the crew....how uncomfortable they must be during the Cat cruises....[/quote]

You must be talking about the small cats and not the cougar cruises-right??? :D

I hardly dare bring it up but PASSPORTS.

I realize that it's a terrible affront that some countries insist on them rather than taking a high school yearbook photo and a cvs discount card as proof of who you are. I am aware that of course we should expect every immigration officer around the world to be able to tell from 50 feet that you are a citizen but you know how bureaucratic these foreigners can be.

Do the animals need passports or does their pedigree certificate and vaccination log suffice?

[quote name='anastasia1']I hardly dare bring it up but PASSPORTS.

I realize that it's a terrible affront that some countries insist on them rather than taking a high school yearbook photo and a cvs discount card as proof of who you are. I am aware that of course we should expect every immigration officer around the world to be able to tell from 50 feet that you are a citizen but you know how bureaucratic these foreigners can be.

Do the animals need passports or does their pedigree certificate and vaccination log suffice?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple]Good question. Our dog is Portuguese and came to the UK.... because she could. She has a passport. All dogs who wish to travel abroad from here are obliged to have one.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Did you hear about the altercations on the Promenade deck last night? The passengers on the right was the well known Fido and the passenger to the left was the well known Feline Queeny. Unfortunately they had connecting doors. They complained about the noice that was coming through the door but took it upon themselves to solve the problem. The hissing and barking was heard all over the deck! Security had quite a time getting everything under control.:)

[quote name='luvlake']Did you hear about the altercations on the Promenade deck last night?l.:)[/QUOTE]

I bet those ben and jerry cows were involved- they are well known for sticking their backsides into the middle of everything. Just because they have a suite they think they are special

[quote name='anastasia1']I bet those ben and jerry cows were involved- they are well known for sticking their backsides into the middle of everything. Just because they have a suite they think they are special[/quote]

That's where the moooooooing came from! The guest on the Promenade floor thought there was a parade going on but couldn't see any costumes just dogs and cats looking up wondering what was going on! It was like a zoo!!!!:)

If I buy a really big rum runner and squeeze my dog into it, do you think security will spot her in my checked bag? Will she be confiscated and then returned to me on the last night of the cruise? Do you think they'll let her past because I won't be cruising during spring break? :D

My cat is to special to need a doggone Passport. He insists on a Catport as well he is a cat after all. He also insists on a fifty dollar Ship board credit as he heard scratching coming from the next cabin and is very sure the basset hound next door was howling a love song just a wee bit.

If my cat does not get his 50.00 shipboard credit and premium cat food from room service well he will just insist that he will take his business elsewhere and tell everyone what happend.

Never again will I go on a charter cruise. We were stuck with those darn Chik Fil A cows. No wonder they close on Sundays - you should see how they act on a Saturday night. :eek: The honey stung chicken in the WJ was gone within minutes. And don't get me started on how they acted outside Chops....

COWS!

Oh, don't get me started on the cows.

Sure the Ben and Jerry's cows are known to make real asses of themselves, but the last time my pony and I were on Serenade we had just about our fill of cows.

We thought it would be fun to ride the elevators up to the Viking Crown and check out the comedian that was performing.

Little did we know it would be a couple of cows!

You should have heard their material....I mean, come on, everyone knows a real comedian doesn't have to work with blue material.

Those two cows took the cake...were they ever BLUE!
[IMG]http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/45850/2848217490083281049S425x425Q85.jpg[/IMG] Edited by chef_christoph

[quote name='anastasia1']Budgie?- I was already worried about the cat and the mouse not making it through the cruise if the animlas were left alone - but adding in a budgie- fatal.[/quote]

How about if the cat was dressed as the mouse? (Please note that this is casual attire, alternatives will be packed for semi formal & formal nights)

[attachment=117638:name]

[quote name='anastasia1']Budgie?- I was already worried about the cat and the mouse not making it through the cruise if the animlas were left alone - but adding in a budgie- fatal.[/quote]

Not a problem. There's a morgue onboard - for an additional fee of course. :eek::D

[quote name='luvlake']Did you hear about the altercations on the Promenade deck last night? The passengers on the right was the well known Fido and the passenger to the left was the well known Feline Queeny. Unfortunately they had connecting doors. They complained about the noice that was coming through the door but took it upon themselves to solve the problem. The hissing and barking was heard all over the deck! Security had quite a time getting everything under control.:)[/quote]

At least they weren't on the elevators pushing all of the buttons with their paws...

Luckily, my pony and I rarely use the elevators. That way we can work off all the extra calories by taking the stairs. I keep telling my pony not to request 4 main courses at dinner but he does anyways so trotting up the stairs and cantering to our aft cabins are how we get our extra exercise.

[quote name='chef_christoph']Luckily, my pony and I rarely use the elevators. That way we can work off all the extra calories by taking the stairs. I keep telling my pony not to request 4 main courses at dinner but he does anyways so trotting up the stairs and cantering to our aft cabins are how we get our extra exercise.[/quote]

Aaah so he is steeplechaser rather than a flat racer.

[quote name='anastasia1']Aaah so he is steeplechaser rather than a flat racer.[/QUOTE]
If 'steeple' is another word for 'FOOD', then, yes. That's why my pony likes to cruise - she can chase down as much food as she wants.

Personally, I like to chase my food down with a nice cold beer. :D

Okay so we are going on the Oasis on 5/15 and my dog is the headliner show. Therefore we will be in the Royal Suite with bathrobes, and steak tartare for the dog. She will play the piano for anyone who wants to stop by. Since she is entertainment, the room is free. Party anyone!!!!

This is without a doubt the funniest and best thread I have ever read.

Thanks so much

[quote name='Kugel']Okay so we are going on the Oasis on 5/15 and my dog is the headliner show. Therefore we will be in the Royal Suite with bathrobes, and steak tartare for the dog. She will play the piano for anyone who wants to stop by. Since she is entertainment, the room is free. Party anyone!!!!

This is without a doubt the funniest and best thread I have ever read.

Thanks so much[/quote]

What tunes will she play. I'll start you with ' How much is that doggy in the window'

[quote name='luvlake']Here's a question for you. Does your pony circle the walking/running track in the right direction? If he doesn't I bet he gets the right-a-way!!!!!!:D[/QUOTE]

NAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

She actually prefers to use a couple treadmills in the gym.

With the approved footwear, of course.

Of course I had to NAG her to wipe the treadmills down when she was finished with them.

Some ponys just take a while to learn proper gym etiquette.

What, were they born in a barn or something?