Questions about Carnival beds

Sinjan

Hi all. I've done a search here and several other places and have not been able to find this info. If I've missed it I apologize.

Sailing in Sept on the Dream out of Port Canaveral with DH.

I know the beds are two twins that can be pushed together to make a king which is fine. But I read a review that stated the couples bed had a big bump down the middle because of this. Is that typical? (not a fan of speed bumps no matter where they are :rolleyes:)

I've also read that they just overlap the twin sheets unless you request king sheets.

I think I read somewhere that the beds are sleep number beds. I have problems with too hard beds and sleep on a 3" memory foam on top of our mattress at home. So a sleep number bed would be a plus. If not, I also read that I can request an egg crate if needed.

Any and all info on this will be greatly appreciated. It may seem trivial to some, but a good nights sleep sure does make for a better next day.

We were not on the Dream, we were on the Inspiration in March, so the beds may be different. I must say, I slept great on our trip. The beds were just as comfortable to me as sleeping at home. Our room had the two twins pushed together, but they were pushed together the whole time, and a very slight bump, barely noticeable. This picture was taken after the cabin steward had lowered the kids beds for the night, they were put away during the day. We were a family of four, and were quite comfy on our trip! Hope this helps.

20100327_77.jpg.805c129ee3025484185b96093262940e.jpg

I've found the beds on ccl to be extremely comfortable. In fact, they even offer them for purchase due to customer requests.

In my experience, when they pushed the beds together they used a full sheet and I never noticed a "bump" between the two singles. I have sailed with ccl twice with another cruise coming up in a month--Glory & Inspiration.

Thank you all very much for your responses.

I had read on Carnival's website that people loved the beds so much they started offering them for sale. But I would expect them to say such things about products they were trying to sell.

Thats why I decided to the experts! Thanks again for the reassurances. :)

The beds are super comfortable. I sleep like a baby when I am on a cruise. I have back problems and with these beds, I have no pain.

The other thing I really like about the beds.....I am an early riser. My husband likes to sleep a little later. When one person moves, the other person has no idea. You can not feel any movement.

The beds are super comfortable. I sleep like a baby when I am on a cruise. I have back problems and with these beds, I have no pain.

The other thing I really like about the beds.....I am an early riser. My husband likes to sleep a little later. When one person moves, the other person has no idea. You can not feel any movement.

That sounds like the tempurpedic style beds. Or at least that is how they advertise them. lol

Would be awesome if that were the case as DH and I have been considering one as our next bed purchase.

Thanks again for all the reassurances. :)

I was also concerned before our cruise and was told you could request an extra pad to be put on the bed to cushion "the bump".

Much to my surprise there was NO bump!! My husband usually wakes in the night several times but on our March cruise he had the BEST night sleep in years soooooo no worries about the bed!!:cool::p

Archived