Escargot?

Last RCCL cruise we were on we had 4 people at our table that ordered it on the first formal night and they joked around with the waiter to bring one out every night for the rest of the cruise...so every night as soon as we sat down, he brought it to all 4 of them. I thought that was great considering they only have it on the menu one night...

We crave the escargot! So you can imagine our delight when, after we missed the first formal night on our February cruise (we picked the SuperBowl party in the AquaTheater instead),our wonderful Head Waiter brought us each a dish of escargot on the second formal night ... even though it wasn't on the menu that night!

Just one of MANY resons we love RCCL and the Oasis!

Just don't expect the escargots to be on par with those in Paris.

Erm.........ok in Paris if you go to a Parisian Restaurant that doesn't cater to tourists.........great in Marseilles and IMO pretty damn good on the ship!!!! Let's face it, chewy....garlicy.....butter sauce = FABULOUS!!!

Erm.........ok in Paris if you go to a Parisian Restaurant that doesn't cater to tourists.........great in Marseilles and IMO pretty damn good on the ship!!!! Let's face it, chewy....garlicy.....butter sauce = FABULOUS!!!

And don't forget the crusty bread for sopping up all of that garlicky butter sauce... OMG!!

Do any of the non-fee restaurants ever serve escargot?

Last RCCL cruise we were on we had 4 people at our table that ordered it on the first formal night and they joked around with the waiter to bring one out every night for the rest of the cruise...so every night as soon as we sat down, he brought it to all 4 of them. I thought that was great considering they only have it on the menu one night...

Just completed a Celebrity cruise on the Constellation. Their every day menu offered escargot and jumbo shrimp cocktails every evening which I took advantage of. A year ago I did a Carnival cruise and asked the head waiter for escargot every evening and he accommodated my request. I asked the head waiter because that is what my table waiter told me to do.

The fact is if you have a request for any food item that is within reason and give them at least a 24 hour notice they will more than likely give it to you. They are very happy to prepare food for you that you want to eat.

Archived