Soda Card

C-LAD

I think it is better to buy the soda card on board. It you pre-order, you will not get the large mug. Then, you will only be served soda in a 10 oz glass. If you buy the card on board, you can get the MUCH larger plastic glass.

I guess this is only important if you drink soda in the gigantic quantities that I do. Otherwise, pre-order.

By the way, the cards are for sale all over the ship in public areas the first few days of the cruise, often in conjunction with the wine pre-sales

Hope this helps.

Beth

My husband brings a couple of those really large cups (64 oz) from 7-11. Its a hoot to see the bartender's face the first time he sees that huge cup. After a couple of fill-ups the bartenders just laugh and hold up the soda nozzle when they see him coming. :)

Does anyone know if the rumor of replacing Coke products with Dr Pepper was anymore than just a rumor?

I'd bet this is just a rumor.... I understand that Dr Pepper is one of the Coca Cola brands. I sure hope they have Diet Coke when we sail the "O" on 4/9. :)

I sure hope they have Diet Coke when we sail the "O" on 4/9. :)

I have always been able to find Diet Coke and Caffeine Free Diet Coke with no trouble when sailing.

But, there's no need to "hope". I had never seen (can't say I'd looked, either) Caffeine Free Diet. So the year I was interested in seeing it aboard I had my TA call and request that a supply be on-loaded. It was.

Other times---when it didn't appear there would be enough for the length of the cruise---a supply was obtained at a port enroute.

Remember---HAL is aiming to please.

Just so all inquiring minds know:

Dr. Pepper is owned by Cadbury-Schweppes, not Coca-Cola. Technically it is part of the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc., based in Plano, Texas.

Dr. Pepper is the oldest soft drink in America. You can read more about it at

http://www.drpepper.com/dp/html/index.html

I am not employed by this company... just had this information.

Dr. Pepper is owned by Cadbury-Schweppes, not Coca-Cola. Technically it is part of the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc., based in Plano, Texas.

Cruisin' Eagle,

Thanks for the info. Not sure of "ownership" but Coke claims Dr Pepper is one of it's many "Brands" at their web site. confused.gif

There is a cute Dr Pepper commercial on the Coke web site here:

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/av_advertising_drpepper.html

Anyway, I just hope that HAL keeps the Diet Coke available for me & DW! smile.gif

Lynn

I learned something today.

Cruisin' Eagle,

I also learned something today. We both posted factual information. I'm just a little uncertain confused.gif about how it fits together. My guess is that Coke may be licensed to bottle and sell Dr Pepper in certain regions?

RuthC,

Thanks for the advice. I'll make the request for Diet Coke through my TA. Maybe I can start a set of those glasses spcl4cs_gal mentioned biggrin.gif .

Lynn Obie

That same area of the Coca-Cola website where you saw the Dr. Pepper commercial goes on to explain that Coca-Cola bottles certain Cadbury-Schweppes brands, including DP, in Great Britain.

That kind of arrangement is common in the soft drink industry. Coca-Cola doesn't own Dr. Pepper, but acquired the bottling rights, in this case in Grt. Britain.

You are afraid that you won't get a bubble glass because your best buddy (knowing what a soda-aholic you are) pre-orders and pays for your soft drink card before your cruise on the Westerdam that leaves in SIX DAYS!!!

Do you think if I ask nicely, the staff might give me a bubble glass even though my soft drink pass was pre-ordered?

The Bubble Glass has absolutely nothing to do with the Soda Card. They are just glasses that you can purchase your drink in at sailaway- drink costs a lot more in that glass than a regular one, but some people like to keep them as a memento.

They are as spcl4cs_gal describes and you will have no trouble finding the 'opportunity' to buy a drink in one, believe me. ;)

The Bubble Glass has absolutely nothing to do with the Soda Card. They are just glasses that you can purchase your drink in at sailaway- drink costs a lot more in that glass than a regular one, but some people like to keep them as a memento.

They are as spcl4cs_gal describes and you will have no trouble finding the 'opportunity' to buy a drink in one, believe me. ;)

They're the best glasses I have seen for sodas or fancy sailaway drinks...large and bottomless (or so they seem). :D

Archived