Elegant night

huxlemo

We are leaving tomorrow for San Juan on the Victory. I am trying to finish packing and I am having a dilemma. For elegant nights, I always bring some type of dress with nice pump sandals. With the Victory itinerary, I am finding that I am packing more. I am thinking of scrapping the dress and wearing black capris, a dressy top, and sandals. Would I be under dressed?

We are leaving tomorrow for San Juan on the Victory. I am trying to finish packing and I am having a dilemma. For elegant nights, I always bring some type of dress with nice pump sandals. With the Victory itinerary, I am finding that I am packing more. I am thinking of scrapping the dress and wearing black capris, a dressy top, and sandals. Would I be under dressed?

Seriously...

Capris aren't "elegant" or "dressy", I don't care what kind of material they're made of...

Do you have some elegant dress slacks? Palazzo pants?

Something that is actually designed to be elegant?

Wear what makes you comfortable and if that is capri's with a dressy top, then go for it. It is your cruise, you paid for it, you should pick what you want to wear.

Have a wonderful cruise :D

You'll be fine. Some might disagree with me, but I've done it with no problems. ;)

No matter what one thinks, capris are for casual and are not for elegant dress. I don't know why so many individuals (women and men) find it so difficult to dress-up once in awhile in their lives. If you don't want to go formal go to the Lido and eat to your hearts content. You must have some nice black dress slacks if you don't want to take a dress? My gosh such a fuss to get dressed up a few times in one's life. I truly enjoy seeing women dressed up and enjoy the formal nights most for that reason. I wear a tux and don't mind for a few nights, so the women can enjoy a man cleaned up for a change. Life is short so go elegant or go to the Lido and not be out of place. Have fun on your cruise.

Nice black capri's and a dressy top and sandals will do fine. I cruised in January and we saw this a lot on elegant night. I thought everyone dressed that night was fine. The only people that are going to be judging you are the judgemental people you pass on your way to your table. No one else. I try to not judge anyone, and would certinaly not be taking a tally of what I thought "looked elegant" or "not elegant". But that's just my opinion.

I would never wear capris on elegant night but I love to dress up on cruises. I will be wearing my long gown and my husband will be in his tux. There is no way that capris would be classed as elegant in my opinion.

She said with her nose in the air!

I personally always wear a long gown for formal night just b/c i love dressing up .. but if u want to wear capris on elegant night then go right ahead its ur cruise (if i didn't like dressing up i probably wouldn't wear gowns either) .. but u would definitely not be going for the elegant look :) .. u would be more comfy tho

Archived