1st time on Seabourn, advice please

LibraLass41

Message to self, don't always assume threads are recent.

Don't worry the threads are like fashion,they come round again and are discussed with the same vigour.

Smoking,dress code,oh no! should I wear any clothes to dinner as I practice naturism at home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Mr Luxury

4Yanx, let the Seabourn crew and staff know you are newlyweds, they will strive to make your trip unforgettable. In particular, the French waiters were very big fans of encouraging romance! As the youngest couple on board our cruise, they consistently found intimate tables for two and service was delightful with that something extra special.

Also, in a few days, many of the staff know your name.....it is in fact required of them to study all the passport images before you board and they are tested on being able to name a certain percentage of passengers. As well as emailing some of the passengers we met, we keep in touch with some of the staff. Bernardo made me the best espresso martinis I've ever tasted and Anna had a strong coffee poured for me every morning when she saw me get off the elevator.

Let us know how your trip goes!

We will be first time Seabourners come this May on the Istanbul to Athens leg. Very excited based on the descriptions here and on your trip review. We're getting married in Prague before staying two days in Istanbul before sailing.

Istanbul is great and you will just be scratching the surface of it in two days. Even so, you have time to see the main sites so have a great time!

4Yanx, let the Seabourn crew and staff know you are newlyweds, they will strive to make your trip unforgettable. In particular, the French waiters were very big fans of encouraging romance! As the youngest couple on board our cruise, they consistently found intimate tables for two and service was delightful with that something extra special.

Also, in a few days, many of the staff know your name.....it is in fact required of them to study all the passport images before you board and they are tested on being able to name a certain percentage of passengers. As well as emailing some of the passengers we met, we keep in touch with some of the staff. Bernardo made me the best espresso martinis I've ever tasted and Anna had a strong coffee poured for me every morning when she saw me get off the elevator.

Let us know how your trip goes!

Thanks so much for the advice. When booking, I made a note that we had possible interest in a ship wedding. We sorta knew prior to booking that there would likely be no staff on board who are sanctioned to perform legal marriages. Our options for getting married on the cruise then were to bring a minister/magistrate aboard, in port, or get married on one of the Greek islands. However, due mostly to logistics, we've subsequently decided to marry in Prague before sailing. When I contacted Seabourn with this news, they were beyond gracious.

I was contacted by a representative who suggested a "renewal of vows" (which will be all of a few days old LOL!!) onboard in Istanbul before sailing, as performed by the Captain and that they were happy to have small "champagne reception", a photographer, and asked us to forward requests for music and such..... as they said..."all with our compliments". We have since talked via phone. :)

I've already gotten better service before taking this cruise than I did taking others.

Edited by 4yanx

Istanbul is great and you will just be scratching the surface of it in two days. Even so, you have time to see the main sites so have a great time!

Thank you, Roxburgh. Istanbul is a city I've wanted to visit all my life. I'd really have loved to give it a full week.....maybe next life! ;)

Hello

I started cruising for my Silver Wedding Anniversary 4 years ago and have become completely addicted....Have now cruised around 9 times all with P&O, and have also been on a 2n Celebrity Equinox cruise.

Its our 30th Wedding anniversary next year, and I'm looking for something 'extra-special', have seen a nice 7n cruise on Odyssey which is a Greek Island and Dalmatian Coast cruise, can you please tell me about Seabourn cruising in a nutshell...food, other cruisers (are they really posh?) the ship and entertainment.

Are the ships mostly child free?

Ports are Piraeus,(Athens), Santorini,Katakolon,(Olympia) Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Zadar, Venice. Have been to Venice and Dubrovnik, what are the other places like?

Could we add on a couple of days in Venice before flying home?

Any help really appreciated:)

Sue

On my last trip to the area I was on an Oceania ship that essentially shadowed a few Seabourn ships. Santorini the Seabourn ship was docked closer to the island than we were (much shorter tender times/lines). In Corfu the Seabourn ship was again docked much closer than we were. Dubrovnik I didn't see Seabourn. Venice? The wee sister was in the heart of town while the O class sister was in the cruise terminal. The entire time I was cruising the area I wished Id been on Seabourn (except for the black sea, but at that point Oceania was the only line to go around the entire black sea which due to recent changes Im very happy to have been able to see before the thugs showed up)