How much room is under the beds for storage of luggage?

hartskys

We are sailing on the Freedom and will have 3 adults in the room. Does anyone know how much room there is for storage under the beds? How much room from floor to under bed? Want to make sure our luggage is going to slide under.

We are sailing on the Freedom and will have 3 adults in the room. Does anyone know how much room there is for storage under the beds? How much room from floor to under bed? Want to make sure our luggage is going to slide under.

You should not have any trouble, there is plenty of room and we bring large suitcases

There were 3 of us in a balcony stateroom on the Conquest and I thought the room underneath the bed was sufficent. We had 3 suitcases, a computer bag and various tote bags. If there's a sofa in your stateroom, they generally have a couple of drawers for storage too.

Its a bit taller than the standard suitcase depth. We had 3 adults in a cabin on the Legend last year and all the luggage went under the bed. DW had 3 suitcases alone, LOL. Just put the carryon bags inside the bigger suitcases.

When I sailed on the Conquest in 2005 there were three adult women in the room, so the beds were set up as two singles. We had SEVENTEEN pieces of luggage between us* :eek: and by nesting the smaller ones inside the larger ones, every single piece fit under the two beds.

*More than half of those seventeen were filled with donations for a Jamaican orphanage. We had lots of room to pack souvenirs on the way home! ;)

Thanks - I love this board. We have 2 large hard sided suitcases just between my husband and I so just wanted to make sure.

Just a hint that I do - I put dryer sheets in one suitcase and use it for our dirty laundry - that way you don't have to have anywhere around the cabin and you don't have to sort it - just zip up and when get home take right to the laundry room. We easily fit 3 under our bed.

The two beds are single beds pushed together-- get your empty luggage to see if it fits under the beds at home-- if it doesnt either they are too big and you wont be able to fly with them--or you have too many bags.

We had 5 of us to an inside cabin and there ws plenty of room

We also use one piece of luggage for dirty clothes. I stand it up in the closet. I put all "short" things shirts and blouses etc in one closet so I can easily stand up one of our smaller suitcases - works great.

On one cruise - can't remember which I could not slide the luggage under the bed due to a bit of an overhang on the frame. The case was just a teeny bit too large. DH lifted the bed up a bit and there was plenty of room for the case.

When I sailed on the Conquest in 2005 there were three adult women in the room, so the beds were set up as two singles. We had SEVENTEEN pieces of luggage between us* :eek: and by nesting the smaller ones inside the larger ones, every single piece fit under the two beds.

*More than half of those seventeen were filled with donations for a Jamaican orphanage. We had lots of room to pack souvenirs on the way home! ;)

When I read 17 pieces of luggage, I was like WOW!! Why would you ever need that much stuff. Then I read the last part about the things for the orphanage. What a great thing to do!:D

Archived