Why did they give us quad cabin?

Luvsprincess

Last Dec. on our Ruby cruise we book a obstructed view cabin with two beds only. They change our cabin a few days before the cruise for the same type (cat) of cabin different location with out asking us. We thought OK. When we got there it was a quad. cabin. The upper beds were really in the way. I took a nap after boarding and hit my head on the upper bed

when getting up. You can really get hurt by them I went down to the frount desk and had them change our cabin.

If your room is of this type I would change it!

Maria

From what I have read, if the lower beds are kept in a twin arrangement, there is less chance of banging your head on the uppers. It is when the lowers are placed in a queen configuration that this tends to be headache (pun intended). ;)

From what I have read, if the lower beds are kept in a twin arrangement, there is less chance of banging your head on the uppers. It is when the lowers are placed in a queen configuration that this tends to be headache (pun intended). ;)

Unless you sit up in bed.

As you can see from the picture below, they are not always recessed. This is true at least on both inside cabins and oceanview cabins on the Crown and the Emerald.

The picture shows a bed jutting out from the wall on each side of the room. A true hazard every time walking to/from the head of the bed.

Thought I already stood corrected??

I'm really glad you posted the picture, I was trying to figure out how to do that.

To post a picture:

When posting a message, click on the paper clip.

You will see where you can browse on your compuetr to locate the photo. Once located, click "Upload" (must be less than 2MB in size). When the upload has completed, close the box.

Or you can give a URL to upload the photo from a web address. Upload and then close the box.

You will not see the picture in your message until you post it.

AFT_LOVER

Did you just got off Crown C522, you said the 2 twin beds in the ceiling above looked weird, can you explain how weird. I will be on Crown soon and the room is C527 which similar to your. thanks.

ls

• 1 year later...
I respectfully disagree about the beds being recessed in the ceiling, on the Emerald our "extra" beds (obstucted outside) were horribly intrusive...I hit my shoulder or my head every time I got out of bed, we had to swoop in from the bottom of the bed or make sure that we remembered to duck. Our bed was under the window, and the extra beds hung down from the sides of the walls...extending out probably a foot on each side.

I know it depends on which ship you are on, but our experience was not good.

I too, was injured first night of cruise Apr 7/12 by the bunk in a quad cabin on the Crown. I got severe bursitis from severe blow to my shoulder. Ship doctor not capable of giving me a cortisone shot. Sent me to hospital on day 7. Had to abort second half of back to back cruise and incurred heavy medical expenses and much pain & suffering.:mad:

Man, I can't believe they stick out that much.........what a drag. As someone stated above, on our first cruise with the kids, we had a quad and everytime we sat up we would hit out heads, top and bottom bunks. It was hard to get used to, but it was worth it...........because we were on a cruise!!!

Does anyone know if the Star has beds like that, sticking out? We have a GTY room on the star so I would hate to be in a quad with just my hubby........hitting my head, or shoulder or whatever, not safe at all!

silvergal - I'm very sorry to hear of your injury:( I hope you are healed:)

If anyone is in a quad (whether 2, 3 or 4 of you), I suggest you somehow flag the part that sticks out of the wall by hanging a piece of clothing over it, maybe even a life jacket hanging by one of the cords...something that will alert you to avoid the intrusion.

A couple yrs ago I hit the crown of my head really hard twice on one of the pull down from the ceiling bunks in a balcony cabin when the bunk was down and my nephew also hit his head on the corner of the bunk so we put the little coffee table at that corner so he would walk around it (that worked).

Four of us are cruising again this summer and this time we'll have the pull out from the wall bunk described in this thread and I'm already plotting how we can avoid hitting our heads (and shoulders this time). I hope there is no abandon ship;) because I'm seriously considering stringing along some life jackets at various points along those beds.

Archived