All Things Adventure of the Seas ¡Olé! Edition

To find your Roll Call visit the Royal Caribbean roll call thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35, find your ship and then search for the date on which you're sailing to see if anyone has started a Roll Call thread. I would say though, that European roll calls tend to be very quiet, compared to those for sailings from the US. For instance my sailing from Boston in October 2011 has a very active roll call whereas my sailing on Adventure in August this year doesn't even have one, and my Voyager sailing in July only has about 4 families on it.

Well the trip is now about 2.5 weeks away and yesterday RCI lowered the price of the inside cabins so of course I called to get my extra onboard credit, I knew going into this I was going to lose my room and get put back into the lottery but to my surprise I got a promenade stateroom for the price of the cheapest inside cabin. I am so excited I feel like I hit the lottery

Well the trip is now about 2.5 weeks away and yesterday RCI lowered the price of the inside cabins so of course I called to get my extra onboard credit, I knew going into this I was going to lose my room and get put back into the lottery but to my surprise I got a promenade stateroom for the price of the cheapest inside cabin. I am so excited I feel like I hit the lottery

You DID hit the lottery! I should call them when I get home to France see if I get lucky too!

You DID hit the lottery! I should call them when I get home to France see if I get lucky too!

Yes, I could not believe it I thought I was reading wrong because I have read that it rarely happens to get bumped up so much but it is a room with a view!

Hi from Adventure of the Seas, just approaching Ibiza after a sea day from Toulon.

Did not actually dock in Toulon, but quite a few miles away in La Seyne Sur Mer and had to travel via shuttle coach $12 per person return to Toulon. Took about 45 minutes each way.

Same again when we dock in Ibiza, we must use shuttle buses to get to Ibiza town.

More reports on the ship when I return to the UK.

Hi from Adventure of the Seas, just approaching Ibiza after a sea day from Toulon.

Did not actually dock in Toulon, but quite a few miles away in La Seyne Sur Mer and had to travel via shuttle coach $12 per person return to Toulon. Took about 45 minutes each way.

Same again when we dock in Ibiza, we must use shuttle buses to get to Ibiza town.

More reports on the ship when I return to the UK.

Hello, Pete!

Thank you for confirming - I read before another post (by a CruiseCritic member) that noted that the docking is not in port of Toulon but rather in La Seyne Sur-Mer... Called RCI but the customer service was unable to confirm it saying that the only information on their system was Provence, Toulon and dock terminal A, B, C, and D area but not a physical address or more details.

FYI - There is a cheaper and faster way to get to Toulon from Seine Sur-Mer... Instead of using the shuttle bus ($12.00), one can take the boat (maritime line 8M) for only 2.00 Euros (or buy a day pass valid for bus, boat and cable for 6.00 Euros; or buy a a day pass for unlimited land only trips for 3.90 Euros).

The 8M maritime line (transfer boat) runs every 25-35 minutes and the ride takes 20 minues... same for the return ride from Toulon to Seyne Sur-Mer.

Ponton Seyne 07:00am 07:25am 08:00am 08:35am 09:05am 09:35am and so on

Ponton Espace Marine 07:04am 7:29am 08:04am 08:39am 09:09am 09:39am etc.

Ponton Toulon 07:20am 07:45am 08:20am 08:55am 09:25am 09:55am

For the return trip:

Ponton Toulon 15:40pm 16:10pm 16:40am 17:10pm 17:40pm and so on

Ponton Espace Marine 15:56pm 16:26pm 16:56pm 17:26pm 17:56pm etc.

Ponton Seyne16:00pm 16:30pm 17:00pm 17:30pm 18:00pm

Abonnement 1 jour à 3,90 €

Vous voyagez fréquemment, optez pour ce ticket magnétique :

Avec l'abonnement 1 jour, vous bénéficiez d'un nombre illimité de voyages pendant 1 jour.

Abonnement 1 jour "Téléphérique" à 6,00 €

Vous voyagez Bus/Bateaux/Téléphérique, optez pour ce ticket magnétique :

Vous bénéficiez d'un nombre illimité de voyages pendant une journée sur les bus et les bateaux, et permet de faire un aller-retour le même jour avec le téléphérique.

Where to buy the tickets and dayly or weekly passes - Lieux de vente :

Le titre magnétique est en vente chez tous les dépositaires habituels et dans les agences commerciales.

Source for prices and schedules: http://www.reseaumistral.com/

We too did the Trans on the Adventure, excellent,Casey the cruise director was on his way back to Toronto at the end of it and Mercedes who is from South America was taking over.

The crew we got friendly with had mixed feelings as they had never done a ta before some liked it, some said never again and they had been warned how expensive Europe would be.

We had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I wonder why they're getting diverted to Seyne, possibly a safer, cheaper port? Although, summer seems to have arrived at last in Europe, so Valence should be entirely safe now, thank goodness for that. Thanks for all the good info dianosis (sorry, forgot your handle), Pete and Missus!

So pleased to find this thread. We are booked on AOS on September 25th but the Roll Call had only one other poster (January) who has not replied to my subsequent post. As we often take repo cruises we are used to very active CC groups and are wondering just what it will be like with so few regular cruisers onboard. At least if there are any other Diamonds we will get to meet them at the nightly drinks parties.

Those who are cruising out of Barca and Malaga, please do report back here on how things went and what you did in the ports of call. This may be the only place to get my pre-cruise anticipation and excitement. :)

Jolimont,

as the OP, I hope you don't mind but I have added a link to this site on some of the threads for AOS this summer/autumn which are struggling to find posters. We may not all get to cruise together, but we can share experiences and hopefully fulfil some of the usual CC desires to ramp up the excitement pre-cruise.

Are you English or American, living in France, or French with excellent language skills?

Corinne

We have booked for August 7th and so far there is no-one else on the thread for that date. We booked a 4 star hotel that is very reasonable for 2 nights before and the night after. It is:

Room Mate Lola

Casas de Campos, 17

Malaga 29001

Spain

We haven't been there yet to be able to recommend it but the reviews on Trip Advisor were good.

Sabre

Thanks Cinnamon for pointing out this thread!

Sabre, we are staying at a timeshare resort in Calahonda for 6 nights pre-cruise, using Airmiles for flights and staying at the Barcelo in Malaga (by the station) for one night post-cruise, also courtesy of Airmiles. They only had space on Aer Lingus, and as the homeward flight leaves early at 10.30 am, so we decided it would be nice to have 24 hours in the city before flying home.

Sabre, we are staying at a timeshare resort in Calahonda for 6 nights pre-cruise, using Airmiles for flights and staying at the Barcelo in Malaga (by the station) for one night post-cruise, also courtesy of Airmiles. They only had space on Aer Lingus, and as the homeward flight leaves early at 10.30 am, so we decided it would be nice to have 24 hours in the city before flying home.

The Barcelo is excellent....try the slide from the first floor to just beside reception, wicked!

The Barcelo is excellent....try the slide from the first floor to just beside reception, wicked!

I'm looking forward to trying out the Barcelo in July.

BTW, can I ask again if the Adventure has flat screen tvs?? Thanks icon7.gif

Jolimont,

as the OP, I hope you don't mind but I have added a link to this site on some of the threads for AOS this summer/autumn which are struggling to find posters. We may not all get to cruise together, but we can share experiences and hopefully fulfil some of the usual CC desires to ramp up the excitement pre-cruise.

Are you English or American, living in France, or French with excellent language skills?

Corinne

Adding the link is great, thank you!

I'm a French-American hyrid. Born and raised in France, moved to the US for college, married, stayed 18 years, became an American citizen, then moved back to France to be close to aging parents. Hubby (American-born) is happy as a clam in France and so am I. We go back and forth a lot however we have family, friends in both continents.

Outstanding tip, the best of the 6 cruises I have taken. Everyone was so nice, the ship, Adventure of the Seas, was reall impressive. I was so happy I booked another transatlantic cruise for next year, on the Vison; transatlantic San Palo--Lisbon. Anyway, it was great to meet all of you and be with the Adventures first transatlantic cruise!!

George

Jolimont, thanks for the little bio. We live in Surrey in southern England, have one son, DIL and new grand-daughter in Manchester. However, we also have a son who lives in Calgary, Canada, and is married to a Canadian. So we have transatlanic family connections too.

Corinne

Jolimont, thanks for the little bio. We live in Surrey in southern England, have one son, DIL and new grand-daughter in Manchester. However, we also have a son who lives in Calgary, Canada, and is married to a Canadian. So we have transatlanic family connections too.

Corinne

You know, any more, it's very common for people to have such intercontinental connections actually. We're fortunate that we can go back and forth. My poodle is from Calgary, see, small world! ;-)

I'm looking forward to trying out the Barcelo in July.

BTW, can I ask again if the Adventure has flat screen tvs?? Thanks icon7.gif

Sorry not to have answered your question but the answer is no flat screens in our promenade or subsequent balcony cabin.

Archived