Cruious about logic re: bungee keeping balcony door open

rpouls

I've seen a few threads about bringing a bungee cord to keep the balcony door open - just curious: Doesn't it get too warm in your cabin?

Plus, what's the benefit? I love fresh air (and I'm a smoker, so I go on the balcony to smoke, and of course, close the cabin door).

I'm just curious, as it seems to me that it can be quite hot and humid outside, so I guess I don't see the point in keeping the door open.

Just wondering . . .

I've seen a few threads about bringing a bungee cord to keep the balcony door open - just curious: Doesn't it get too warm in your cabin?

Plus, what's the benefit? I love fresh air (and I'm a smoker, so I go on the balcony to smoke, and of course, close the cabin door).

I'm just curious, as it seems to me that it can be quite hot and humid outside, so I guess I don't see the point in keeping the door open.

Just wondering . . .

It's not always hot. When it's not hot, we keep the door open (at night)

When it's hot we us the AC.

The last cruise I took, it was literally too COLD to keep the door open.

That sucked.

Just wondering . . .

No it doesn't get too warm at all. We love the warm humid climate. Plus we get fresh air inside the cabin, not merely on the balcony. Lastly, you get the sounds of the ocean which is wonderful, especially sleeping at night.

So for us, those are the points.

Our group of adjoining balconies spend quite a bit of time on the balcony. We like to keep the door open as it is more convenient to go in and out without those heavy doors slamming........if this is your first balcony cabin on Carnival you will see what I mean.......other cruiselines have sliders which is so much nicer...

And as far as hot in the cabin......that will depend on the weather:D

The a/c in the cabins is so strong that having the door open will not affect the termperature inside. And yes, there's nothing like going to sleep with the sound of the ocean. Sometimes I'll even keep the curtains open so I can see the sunrise in the a.m. One warning, when the balcony door is open you don't want to open the door to the hallway as it will cause a major draft. Close the balcony door before opening it.

I don't condone or approve of the process but:

• It does goof up the ship's HVAC balancing.
  • It is against Carnival's policies.
  • I pack light, taking a bungee cord on vacation seems dumb to me.
  • Disparities in pressure between your cabin and the hallway can be severe.
  • When some people complain that their cabin is always too hot, others forcing the balcony doors open is part of the reason.

I don't do it as I enjoy a cool dry cabin. If I want ocean breezes I go outside. Seems to make the most sense and works for me.

see you on Lido deck.

A bungee cord really weighs you down:confused:

LOL! Yes and takes up alot of space:confused::rolleyes:

Both my neighbors on both sides leave their door open.....didn't affect my cabin temperature one bit.......and it isn't on the not what to bring list:D

Which reminds me.........off to pack the cord:D Hope I have room for it.....ROFLMAO!!!

Oh and another tip........take your sunglasses off when you go in to use the head.........

Just wondering . . .

We had a cove room 2275 on the dream 4/24. We thought it would be nice to have the balcony door open also like so many people on the forum.

For us it was just to hot and humid to leave the door open. I thought the room A/C didn't work very well. At night it seem to hot for us, much better during the day.

If leaving the door open, messes with the A/C, everyone must of had the balcony doors open on my floor.

Archived