Has the Celebration AI changed

Has anyone recently been on the Celebration - can you tell us what is now included in the AI - we have heard it has changed but can't get confirmation of this anywhere.

thanks

Jan

You need an answer not from a recent cruise but a cruise that started in May 2010 as that is the start of the new season - anything before then is last season. Destiny is said to have changed as well as Dream so likely that Celebration has.

Hi can you elaborate more please ? I am 99% sure we will be booking a cruise + stay holiday in the Red Sea this coming December with the 7nts all -incl option on board the Celebration.Has anyone got any more information/advice to add.

Regards Godfi8h.

I got back on 10th May, so the 1st cruise with the changes to AI. There are only 1 shot, 1 non-alcoholic cocktail and 1 cocktail of the day available. Non branded spirits and house wine are OK, but no sparkling wines or liqueurs. No coffees except with meals. I believe they can be purchased at 50% the normal bar price.

Oh, meant to add that a vodka and orange juice is considered to be a cocktail (a Screwdriver) and if it's not the cocktail of the day it incurs a charge of 50% of full bar price. Port and sherry are OK as is (non-branded) gin and tonic, though Campari and soda is not. I thinks beer and lagers are same as before.

As you can imagine there were some very puzzled passengers and it certainly taxed the bar staff to explain the new regime.

I returned home after a week on the Destiny yesterday.

The barman in Blakes told us that the new restricted all inclusive bar menu had been brought in on 1 May 2010.The number of drinks available on all inclusive was severely restricted- not even hot chocolate was included.

The barman told us there had been a huge amount of complaints and a decision had been made to return to the old bar menu from 8 May- the day we arrived.Now almost everything is available on the all inclusive just like before.But the old lamintated bar menus had been scrapped so new paper copies had been printed.

A lady I spoke to who had also been on board the previous week said they had all been given £50 refund for the week where the restrictions applied.She was delighted as she only drank soft drinks anyway lol.

Flopsy

Archived