water taxi

LovesBeagles

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it.

We are arriving in Venice and plan on taking a water taxi to our hotel (Al Ponte Antico).

How do we pay for the water taxi? Cash (by that I mean euros), credit card, or pay at a booth and take a voucher to the water taxi?

Thanks

We are arriving in Venice and plan on taking a water taxi to our hotel (Al Ponte Antico).

How do we pay for the water taxi? Cash (by that I mean euros), credit card, or pay at a booth and take a voucher to the water taxi?

Thanks

Cash at the booth. You can also prebook a shared or private water taxi at http://www.venicelink.com

I was just researching venicelink. I know at first it didn't get very good review. Do you know how it is now?

I also understand that it doesn't stop directly at your hotel. Correct?

I am trying to figure out where the alilaguna stop is for the rialto.

I was just researching venicelink. I know at first it didn't get very good review. Do you know how it is now?

I also understand that it doesn't stop directly at your hotel. Correct?

I am trying to figure out where the alilaguna stop is for the rialto.

We didn't use it ourselves. I notice that they state you might wait 20-40 minutes to share and that they list specific hotels which they can reach.

I would go to the booth at the airport and share from there. We were delivered to the dock 20 yards from our small B & B

If you go to google earth or maps and copy and paste these numbers (with the comma) into the search field ('fly to'), you will have a view just along from the Rialto bridge. 45.437366,12.335065 The bridge is in the top right. The alilaguna will dock at 1 of the 3 white roofed piers in the centre right of the view.

Try Expedia they had a booking offering, we used that. IMHO you can easily hire one right at the dock or thru the booth right after you exit the airport. Depending on whether you want to do CC or euros may swing you one way or another. One caution is if you hire right at the dock get the price very clear. IE make sure they don't say the price was per person or now I have to include luggage. Agree on the full fare for everything if you are buying at the dock before stepping in. Also be aware depending on where your hotel is the closest dock may still be a walk and a few bridges to go, a hassle if you have luggage that doesn't have wheels.

We saw water taxis everywhere and at the airport so many at our early morning arrival they were bobbing in the water waiting for dock space to tie up.

IMHO if you got the cash to spend its a special way to enter and see Vencie.

Enjoy

Thanks

Hi there,

We are also traveling to Venice and staying at the Hotel Al ponte Antico. I just spoke to Oliver and he told me to expect approx. 95 Euro cash for the water taxi transfer. My husband and I are traveling with 3 or 4 pieces of luggage so I think this will be the least stressful ( but most expensive) way to get from airport to hotel. I have emailed a few transfer companies for a quote. Traveling to Venice in October pre-cruise. When are you traveling? would love to hear your thoughts and experiences if you travel before us. Thanks!

Robin

Hi there,

We are also traveling to Venice and staying at the Hotel Al ponte Antico. I just spoke to Oliver and he told me to expect approx. 95 Euro cash for the water taxi transfer. My husband and I are traveling with 3 or 4 pieces of luggage so I think this will be the least stressful ( but most expensive) way to get from airport to hotel. I have emailed a few transfer companies for a quote. Traveling to Venice in October pre-cruise. When are you traveling? would love to hear your thoughts and experiences if you travel before us. Thanks!

Robin

Not only the least stressful but also the most pleasant. You have a magnificent boat ride through the laguna, past Murano and San Michele and up the Grand Canal. The water taxis are like stretch limousines. You can usually find someone to share with at the airport booth. There may be a slight charge for extra luggage.

Archived