Outside central park view(nonbalcony)

I have been trying for the last few months to get information on this cabin category. We are booked in one for Allure next April.

It appears that very frew of our CC members have secured this cabin category. It does not appear on the charts one of the members put together discussing different cabins and I've only seen a couple of reviews mentioning them.

A cruiser recently did a cruise review and stated their cabin number, which appears to be a CV cabin, but I cannot find them anywhere on the boards to ask questions.

I'm glad you posted this and home someone comes back with more info. BTW, we are booked in one of the few CV quad cabins so I know it's going to be harder to get that information overall.

We're booked in a pair of connecting CV cabins for our upcoming cruise. I'm looking forward to seeing what the view is like.

For us, we don't need a balcony and just want to be able to get some natural light in the room. Being able to people watch is a bonus and something we discovered that we really enjoyed when we had a Promenade cabin a few years ago on the Liberty of the Seas.

Do either of you have quad cabins or do you have doubles booked?

If you have a chance, and can grab a picture, can you take a shot of any of the quad CV rooms? We have 9581 booked on Allure next April and I'm sure it's going to be the same as on Oasis. I'd love to see what it looks like if possible (and know something about the view).

Thanks to both of you.

Hi--We've got 9579 and 9603 booked for June 19, so I will take pictures and post upon our return! Also, go to oasisoftheseas.com and select the webcam section, then select CP...they are the rooms below the balconies! It appears the view will be minimal, but at least it's a window and will greatly add to the light in the room!!

SP

I have room 9581 as well and 9577 - hope when yall get back you'll send pictures and let us know what you can see OUT - I have three people in our room, BUT from the several above post it says yall have connecting rooms? My TA says there are NO connecting room w/ three people in them, is that correct?

According to the deck plans (for deck 9), I see a few CV cabins that are marked as being connecting and having a sofa bed. I would assume that having a sofa bed in there makes it a 3-person cabin but perhaps not.

The cabins we've booked are just regular 2-person cabins.

Edited by Daghis

Sorry, I just looked to and it shows connecting cabins - I e-mailed by TA and told her to switch us - but maybe she was saying it wasn't available..... thanks for writing....

Yes, there are a few connecting CV cabins. Our cabin (9581) is a quad that connects to 9579 (double). There appear to be only 5 quad CV cabins, so that's why they sell out quickly. All but one of the quads connects to a CV double (9577 is a quad and doesn't connect). I'm booked for April 17, 2011 and all of the quads are already gone.

Stateparent, 9579 connects with our cabin 9581, so when you arrive, if you have any chance of snapping a picture of that quad (maybe your next door neighbors will be kind enough to let you with the pullman down if you tell them it's for important cyber research!) I'd be ever so grateful. If you can post them here, that would be great, otherwise you can send them to me at janetsnj @ verizon . net.

Thanks!!!

Njmomof2: I'll be happy to try to get pictures of how the two cabins connect...and the pullman. It's actually my elderly dad's room. We put him there to be close to the elevator, and he was trepidous about having a balcony (worries like crazy about everything), but we wanted him to have more room than an interior. This was the perfect solution for him.

The only other cruise he has ever been on, we had some rough seas, and he still to this day insists the waves were "up to his porthole". So a window w/o an ocean view, works just right!!

Some of our other family members have adjoining large interiors, and I will get pics of those to post as well.

DH and I have an OV balcony--just couldn't give up the idea of relaxing on the balcony, watching the waves go by. Only 42 more days!!

Njmomof2: I'll be happy to try to get pictures of how the two cabins connect...and the pullman. It's actually my elderly dad's room. We put him there to be close to the elevator, and he was trepidous about having a balcony (worries like crazy about everything), but we wanted him to have more room than an interior. This was the perfect solution for him.

The only other cruise he has ever been on, we had some rough seas, and he still to this day insists the waves were "up to his porthole". So a window w/o an ocean view, works just right!!

Some of our other family members have adjoining large interiors, and I will get pics of those to post as well.

DH and I have an OV balcony--just couldn't give up the idea of relaxing on the balcony, watching the waves go by. Only 42 more days!!

It's always funny to hear peoples perspectives of bad weather...better he not have to look at the ocean.

We have 9581, which is the one next to your dad. We'll be 4 in that cabin, so I'm hoping to get a picture of it (if they have the pullman down, great, if not, I'm pretty sure I'll figure out where it is) and I'd love your perspective on the cabin size and placement. Also, let me know what you think of your dad's view. I believe we'll be above Vintages (or whatever they call it on the Allure) so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm so excited that finally, someone will actually be in one of these cabins and be right next to mine! I'm thanking you in advance for this.

I envy your ability to take so many family members with you.

We are cruising to celebrate my older son's bar mitzvah (which is in early February but we don't want to pull a 7th grader out of school for a week so we're waiting until the break). I so wanted my mom to come with us, but she's not sure she can manage on such a very large ship. Up until now, her largest has been Mariner (both with us and with some family now that Mariner is on the West Coast). So she's coming with us in August on Liberty and we'll see how well she does on that before really deciding.

And I'd love my sister and BIL to come, but my sis does not like ships this big. She's really a smaller ship fan, plus there's no way she's spending that much money.

So it might just be my family of four. I know we're looking forward to the zipline, and the kids and dh love the flowrider (we'll have to see if younger DS will be tall enough to try it). I'm looking forward to trying some of the new eateries. And of course the shows.

I'll look forward to your report (and pictures). Thanks again!

That's a good picture. It looks to be a decent size, but I'd still like to see it with the pullman down (and can anyone determine if the bed is always near the window...I'm thinking like the other cabins, they move around).

Thanks for posting this.

That's a good picture. It looks to be a decent size, but I'd still like to see it with the pullman down (and can anyone determine if the bed is always near the window...I'm thinking like the other cabins, they move around).

Thanks for posting this.

We just returned from the May 1-7 cruise and had the CP view room (9641). Every inch of 199 Sq Ft was used efficiently and the size was comfortable for 2. The bed was not near the window. There's a built in sofa directly in front of the window. All in all, it was a good room and we had no regrets. No noise at all from Central Park and we slept peacefully. :)

We just returned from the May 1-7 cruise and had the CP view room (9641). Every inch of 199 Sq Ft was used efficiently and the size was comfortable for 2. The bed was not near the window. There's a built in sofa directly in front of the window. All in all, it was a good room and we had no regrets. No noise at all from Central Park and we slept peacefully. :)

So did your room not look like the picture posted about 5 posts above this one? You can see the built in window seat, but the bed comes next and then the sofa closer to the door. Was your room set up differently?

Edited by njmomof2

• 8 years later...

Hi - considering this type of cabin, but see this room in particular shows it has an obstructed view - your thoughts ? For some reason I can't see the picture below.