All Things Splendor

The other half of David-n-Rita here - My husband got a warning about his response to a very nasty poster and left cruise critic forever, he refuses to visit it anymore, therefore David-n-Rita is gone. So I am on my own and all our pictures are on our webpage in the form of cruise journal which are unavailable on webshots.

Webshots has been losing our pictures and we have been unable to upload our May cruise - after many tries about 12 pictures made it. I transferred everything to our own website where we can give an honest review without editing (they also edited his cruise review) The link to the journals is below - enjoy, there is alot more info that can be put on webshots, they limit the captions and they do not have a journal format.

We will be sailing the Splendor in Sept and also on the Magic - we do our journals in real time on our website so pictures are posted the day they are taken.

I was just checking out your website and all your cruises. Spectacular!

Hey tell David to come back, I have been flamed several times, and had several of my posts disappear also. I just can't figure out sometimes what gets left on versus what gets booted! Oh well, there are still plenty of great posters here who would love to hear from both of you I'm sure! :rolleyes:

I was just checking out your website and all your cruises. Spectacular!

Hey tell David to come back, I have been flamed several times, and had several of my posts disappear also. I just can't figure out sometimes what gets left on versus what gets booted! Oh well, there are still plenty of great posters here who would love to hear from both of you I'm sure! :rolleyes:

I agree and would love to hear from both of you. Also want to say that I can't wait for your Splendor cruise so I can read your daily journal! :D

I agree and would love to hear from both of you. Also want to say that I can't wait for your Splendor cruise so I can read your daily journal! :D

We will run the journal as we cruise. In fact I already loaded a stock picture of the ship which I do as a lead up to the people who do follow our cruises regularly. Since we are flying into Long Beach three days early and staying on the Queen Mary 2 Hotel, there will be plenty of pictures of that as well as a review of the hotel. We hope to get up early and get pictures of the Splendor pulling into port as it pulls in right next to the Queen Mary. You can leave me a message on our website if you want specific pictures of something on the ship. On the Dream people wanted pictures of the lines at the buffet (there weren't any in the aft section) and they wanted pictures of the 6th deck balconies and how close they were to the Lanai walk around. I was able to get a bunch of those while we were still on the ship.

Can the 4 of us bring on one carry on and 2 12x12x12 coolers? And "if" we were to bring on the hard liquor would it be best to pack it in one of our suitcases that is checked in. Has anyone had luck bringing in hard liquor?

Thanks fellow cruisers!

We will also be on the Mexican Riviera. I guess it will be warm since we are heading south. :)

Yeah, I think I was thinking of the Pride, that moved East, but the Splendor is still chilly inside--I wore a jersey sweater inside & sleeveless on deck!

is it really that chilly on the first two sea days? even in the summer? can you sit by the pool or the serenity area and sunbathe or will you become an ice cube?

It can be chilly on the first 2 sea days. Just bring a sweatshirt to be safe. We were able to get some sun on the sea days last month. It just depends what time of year you'll be travelling. The lido pool is covered when it's cold, so you'll be fine there during the cooler months.

Does anyone have anymore Splendor information? December is a long way off (wish I was going sooner) and I hope to hear more about this wonderful ship.

We will be on the 9-26-10 sailing of the Splendor and we run our cruise journals with lots of pictures as we go on the cruise. There will be about 200+ pictures of our entire cruise from the time we leave, through a 3 day stay on the Queen Mary 2 plus the entire Splendor cruise. The link is in our signature and there should be pictures posted daily (as long as I can get a connection to upload)

Does anyone have anymore Splendor information? December is a long way off (wish I was going sooner) and I hope to hear more about this wonderful ship.

I wrote a detailed review about our Splendor cruise -- you can reach it at the link in my signature block as well as a link to 314 photos of the Splendor.

Have a great trip!

My wife and I will be on the Splendor in January, we have a balcony spa cabin and wanted to know if it is really worth the few extra bucks. Also, Black Pearl versus Gold Pearl Dinning Room, any thoghts? Thanks!

BH

If you plan to use the thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool, it's definitely worth it -- just know that the balconies on the uppermost level are NOT all that private, since people on the open deck above can look down and see you on your balcony.

Also, the Black Pearl and Gold Pearl are different only slightly in decor — they're both equally gaudy — and you are ASSIGNED your dining room based on the physical location of your stateroom.

My wife and I will be on the Splendor in January, we have a balcony spa cabin and wanted to know if it is really worth the few extra bucks. Also, Black Pearl versus Gold Pearl Dinning Room, any thoghts? Thanks!

BH

I like the Gold Pearl, since there are more ocean views due to being located in the aft portion of the ship.

The Cloud 9 spa is also awesome IMHO!

Thanks for starting the thread. We just got off the Dream and now can focus on our next cruise, the Splendor on 9/26/10. Nice to have advice from cruisers who have been on the ship or have info on the Port as we will be arriving 3 days early and staying on Long Beach......keep that info coming;)

we will be on the same sailing. need information on cabins 2470 2473 and 2462

are they the same as on freedom liberty and valor?

What do you want to know?

Anything really. I have had my cruise booked for so long that I feel like it's never going to get here. I just keep reading everything about the ship that I can find, trying to pass the time. I've even been thinking about booking a cruise on the Splendor before my December cruise. Thank you!

[*]And, what movies have been playing lately--both on the big screen and in the room?

Just off the Splendor last week 8/1 - 8/8. The two movies I noticed were Blindside and Avatar. Also, played on TV in cabin.

Didn't watch any of them though. Too many other things to chose from. Make sure you try the Piano Bar. (Request him to do "Piano Man")