All Things Splendor

I have seen the Splendor in port once but I have never watched sailaway. How about you? Have you ever watched a sailaway? Maybe I will do that this weekend. :)

Although I've seen the SPLENDOR many times in port, I've never watched sailaway. I might do that also this Sunday. The Queen Mary, berthed next to the her has a great brunch as well.:)

If you see somebody on the bow side of the embarkation dome, standing there taking pictures with tears running down his face, its me. :D

No, no bars on deck 10, however, in dominichunter's description of deck 10, there are bars below over the balcony overlooking the middle pool and an aft bar on the Lido one deck below you from the aft of deck 10. There is, however, bar "service" on these decks, especially the aft part of deck 10.

Incidentally, I think there is part of deck 10 far forward (maybe deck 11) a SERENITY area with a small bar on the Starboard side. I seldom saw anyone there though. Kind of remote and away from the "action", but I'm guessing an ideal place to have a quiet drink and read. :)

I do love my Serenity areas! It sounds like there are MANY places on the Splendor to explore. I hope 7 days will give me enough time. It sounds like I will have to book another cruise. What do you think?

Although I've seen the SPLENDOR many times in port, I've never watched sailaway. I might do that also this Sunday. The Queen Mary, berthed next to the her has a great brunch as well.:)

If you see somebody on the bow side of the embarkation dome, standing there taking pictures with tears running down his face, its me. :D

Ugh, I'm still trying to figure out if I can make it there in time. If I am there, I will also have tears running down my face. Oh, I will be the one yelling TAKE ME WITH YOU! :)

I have seen the Splendor in port once but I have never watched sailaway. How about you? Have you ever watched a sailaway? Maybe I will do that this weekend. :)

Yes, a couple of times. We park next to the helicopter office and there is a small grassy area with benches. Sometimes you can see people who have arrived late running around the check in building (the Dome that used to house the Spruce Goose) trying to find someone to let them on the ship.

Our favorite sail away spot is sitting at the Acapulco Restaurant (at the Ports of Call area) and watching the ships sail from San Pedro. Sometimes there are 3 ships leaving all within a few minutes.

I hope you make it there.

That's so sad:(

I just got off the ship this morning. It was a great cruise and a great ship. One week was not enough time to do everything or to see everything.

Glad you had a great cruise. Are you going to do a review?? Would love to hear more about your trip. :)

Was the band Music Society still on the ship?

Diane

That's so sad:(

Not to worry.:D

Schedule just got all muddled up today and I couldn't make it to the sailaway. Even had to skip lunch with a friend in the Ventura Harbor at Andrea's :( Now that is painful ! !

However, my son and his girlfriend just called and their wanting to take me with them on the MIRACLE in December, even insisting I have a balcony, so that really cheered me up. I will have cruised ALL the SPIRIT classed ships when that happens. :)

(my apologies to Diane, we've been discussing this for years, but THERE ARE 2 LAKAS):rolleyes:

Edited by glrounds

Not to worry.:D

Schedule just got all muddled up today and I couldn't make it to the sailaway. Even had to skip lunch with a friend in the Ventura Harbor at Andrea's :( Now that is painful ! !

However, my son and his girlfriend just called and their wanting to take me with them on the MIRACLE in December, even insisting I have a balcony, so that really cheered me up. I will have cruised ALL the SPIRIT classed ships when that happens. :)

(my apologies to Diane, we've been discussing this for years, but THERE ARE 2 LAKAS):rolleyes:

I'm sorry your day was muddled up. I missed sailaway too! But I did go to dinner with some friends. I hope to make it there next weekend.

Lucky you to have such a wonderful son. What ports do you go to on the Miracle? I have never been on a Spirit class ship so I will have to put that on my bucket list.

:D Oh my gosh, I just noticed my countdown clock is down to 55 days until I sailaway on the Splendor! WoooHoooo!!!!!

I do love my Serenity areas! It sounds like there are MANY places on the Splendor to explore. I hope 7 days will give me enough time. It sounds like I will have to book another cruise. What do you think?

We were on the Splendor in 2008, and we found the deck 10 forward Serenity area the best thing going. It is well protected from the wind, there were always at least half of the lounges available, it has it's own bar and staff so refreshments are taken care of, and it is just around a screen from the pool at the base of the waterslide - and that pool was almost always nearly empty. It is also a short stroll aft to the Lido buffet, as well. It was a great spot to do deck time at sea...

We were on the Splendor in 2008, and we found the deck 10 forward Serenity area the best thing going. It is well protected from the wind, there were always at least half of the lounges available, it has it's own bar and staff so refreshments are taken care of, and it is just around a screen from the pool at the base of the waterslide - and that pool was almost always nearly empty. It is also a short stroll aft to the Lido buffet, as well. It was a great spot to do deck time at sea...

Thank you for your post. This Serenity area sounds like the perfect place to unwind and read a good book. Did you do a B2B on the Splendor? I have never done a B2B but I hope to some day. What were your likes and dislikes about the Splendor?

We just returned - sailed the October 3rd - October 10th Carnival Mexican Riviera 7 day cruise out of Long Beach stopping in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. It was myself, my hubby, our twin girls who are 5 1/2 and my inlaws.

We stayed in rm 9230 on the lido deck with a balcony and loved the room!

We had a fabulous time and Camp Carnvial was great too!

Here is a link to our photo journal and notes about our excursion experiences:

http://carnival************october2010.shutterfly.com/

We did the dolphin signature swim in Purto Vallarta (in Nuevo Vallarta through Vallarta Adventures).

In Mazatlan, we did the horse back riding at La Playa Bruja through Ginger's Bilingual Horses with lunch on the beach.

In Cabo, we did the Yellow Submarine and did our shopping at the open air market - que divertido!

Edited by crAZytwinmomma

We just returned - sailed the October 3rd - October 10th Carnival Mexican Riviera 7 day cruise out of Long Beach stopping in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. It was myself, my hubby, our twin girls who are 5 1/2 and my inlaws.

I guess you can't post the link here. :( Is there any way you can send me the link my email addy is diane(take this out)solberg@gmail.com.

thanks,

Diane

I'd like the link too. Not sure why it didn't post properly.

Will be on the Splendor in late FEb 2011 and will fly into Orange County on the evening before sailing and staying at a nearby hotel.

Any ideas on the best way(s) to get from the hotel or airport to Port of Long Beach

and back to the airport after the cruise ends?

Will be on the Splendor in late FEb 2011 and will fly into Orange County on the evening before sailing and staying at a nearby hotel.

Any ideas on the best way(s) to get from the hotel or airport to Port of Long Beach

Super Shuttle for 2 would be approx. $45 ea way. Would be better if you flew into Long Beach.

Lucky you to have such a wonderful son. What ports do you go to on the Miracle? I have never been on a Spirit class ship so I will have to put that on my bucket list.:D

8-day MIRACLE - FLL, Grand Turk, La Romana, Domincan Republic, Aruba, Curacao, FLL :) He is a super kid. I've taken him on a couple cruises with me. We always have a ball. :D Its interesting to note, my ex-wife (we're good friends) will also be on this cruise (different cabin) as a gift from him also. He gets the Grand Suite, while we are stuck with those boring balconies.:rolleyes:

sorry for the hijack :o

Edited by glrounds

We just booked Karmel Shuttle upon recommendations from this board. The cost was 40.00 each way for the two of us total.

You can find lots of good information here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Diane