All Things Splendor

Hello everyone!

We just gone home as well on the Oct 24 - 31 cruise on the Splendor. I have a blog with photos of the ship, ports and food. I am going to do a review as well.

The spa passes decrease in price too as the days go by. I believe that on the Wednesday with 4 days to go it was $99? It was also $80 the next day for the VIP rooms that the other poster discussed. I ended up buying a one day pass on the last day for $35 because I didn't want to use it every day. It was nice for the one day for sure though.

John was amazing. He's very funny and thinks on his feet.

Take care,

Tracey

Hello everyone!

We just gone home as well on the Oct 24 - 31 cruise on the Splendor. I have a blog with photos of the ship, ports and food. I am going to do a review as well.

The spa passes decrease in price too as the days go by. I believe that on the Wednesday with 4 days to go it was $99? It was also $80 the next day for the VIP rooms that the other poster discussed. I ended up buying a one day pass on the last day for $35 because I didn't want to use it every day. It was nice for the one day for sure though.

John was amazing. He's very funny and thinks on his feet.

Take care,

Tracey

Can you email me your blog, kamn16@yahoo.com

Thanks

Hi, We're sailing this Sunday (11/7) on the Splendor and I am starting to panic about embarkation. I've poured over this thread a few months ago but can't remember seeing anything really clear about embarkation.

I've read some places that you check in on the Queen Mary (?) Can anyone describe the process for me at this port? Namely where to go and what time you have been able to successfully check in? I'm a bit of a worrywart when it comes to this stuff and just have an unsettled feeling. We've sailed out of Tampa, Port Canaveral and Miami and things seems so straightforward there. Am I worrying for nothing?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer. Please feel free to direct me to another thread if one exists. **Note: I have read the posts on the departure ports boards and that's where the confusion started.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hi, We're sailing this Sunday (11/7) on the Splendor and I am starting to panic about embarkation. I've poured over this thread a few months ago but can't remember seeing anything really clear about embarkation.

I've read some places that you check in on the Queen Mary (?) Can anyone describe the process for me at this port? Namely where to go and what time you have been able to successfully check in? I'm a bit of a worrywart when it comes to this stuff and just have an unsettled feeling. We've sailed out of Tampa, Port Canaveral and Miami and things seems so straightforward there. Am I worrying for nothing?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer. Please feel free to direct me to another thread if one exists. **Note: I have read the posts on the departure ports boards and that's where the confusion started.

Hi there!

You are going to have a great cruise! When you get to the terminal you will get a porter to take your checked luggage. Then you proceed into the courtyard area. When we embarked on the 24th they were doing checkin and waiting in the courtyard. I think that is how it always is so that should apply to you. Look for a line up - or walk past the VIP building and towards the main building and you should see a bunch of counters with Carnival staff and a line. Hopefully your line won't snake around the courtyard like ours did! We arrived at 12 noon but they had a face to face customs check on debarkation so that held up our embarkation. Hopefully yours will be smoother.

Once you're checked in and have your sail and sign cards, you wait in your appointed zone for entering the security area inside the main dome building. You go through security, through the building, get your photo taken, go up an escalator, get your security photo taken and punch into the ship. Walk up the gangway - go find your room and enjoy your cruise!

You are worrying for nothing...there is nothing to worry about - just go - get in line - everyone will get on the ship. It will be fine.

Have fun!

Tracey

We cruised about two weeks ago on Splendor.

When we arrived around noon the line was pretty long.. so the porter took our luggage and said we may want to consider taking the "red" bus to the other side of the marina and have some lunch or browse the area. We're so glad we did. We had a nice lunch at Bubba Gumps and walked around the marina and took several pictures before returning to the port to check it at 3:30pm. The line was very short and we breezed through security, and sign in pretty fast. So I highly recommend doing this.

You'll still have plenty of time to board the ship and not have to wait standing in line so long. I would do the same routine again the next time.

enjoy your cruise and relax... everything will be fun and good.

I've read some places that you check in on the Queen Mary (?) Can anyone describe the process for me at this port? Namely where to go and what time you have been able to successfully check in?

Just to verify with other posters, I don't think the Queen Mary Early Check-in is used anymore. At least it wasn't a year ago. Just check your luggage with a porter and he'll point you to the outside counter to check-in. There will be nice shaded areas just outside the "dome" to sit while you wait to board. You'll be fine. Nothing to worry about.

Have a great cruise. :)

Edited by glrounds

Yes you have nothing to worry about. Check in for me was a breeze and I was a first time cruiser. We got to the port a little after 1100am. We had Zone 3 and we were on the ship around 1230. Not bad at all. The wait was pleasant and most of it was checking in and going through secruity. I can't wait to go again.

Ok so for those of you that have just sailed or are about to sail on this BEAUTIFUL ship, how many of you used a passport and how many just did certified birth certificate? I have the passport card but when my husband applied they sent it back saying he had to provide like 5 additional documents and fill out this 6 page questionnaire about everywhere he has lived, worked, gone to school and everything else. So I think he might just use his certified birth certificate like he did when we went in November of 2008. Any answers and opinions will help.

Thanks

Just wanted to say hey to another first time cruiser! We will be on that sailing too!

Ok so for those of you that have just sailed or are about to sail on this BEAUTIFUL ship, how many of you used a passport and how many just did certified birth certificate? I have the passport card but when my husband applied they sent it back saying he had to provide like 5 additional documents and fill out this 6 page questionnaire about everywhere he has lived, worked, gone to school and everything else. So I think he might just use his certified birth certificate like he did when we went in November of 2008. Any answers and opinions will help.

Thanks

Do you or does anyone else know if you can get a passport card if your passport is lost/missing?

I am asking for someone else. Thanks for any replies...

Thanks

we just got back from Mexican riviera on Splendor on Oct. 24th. we used our passports and didn't run into any problems.

good luck

Do you or does anyone else know if you can get a passport card if your passport is lost/missing?

I am asking for someone else. Thanks for any replies...

from what I know.. a passport card is only good to use if you drive into Mexico or Canada. if you go by ship... you need a passport. that's what I was told.

from what I know.. a passport card is only good to use if you drive into Mexico or Canada. if you go by ship... you need a passport. that's what I was told.

For closed loop cruises (one that starts and ends at a US Port) all you need is a Certified Birth Certificate and Drivers License. That will get you on (and off) the ship. You won't be able to fly out of the country however with just those documents.

A passport card would work too. :)

Diane

In case anyone wants them, I've scanned in all our Funtimes and posted them here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/vegasnine/FuntimesCarnivalSplendorOctober2010#

If this gets deleted for some reason, just post your email and I'll send the link.

Tracey

Thank you for posting the Funtimes. Do you know if there is anyway to make them larger? Would it be possible to post them on this thread? My eyes aren't as good as the used to be. :)