All Things Splendor

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question about the weather on the sea days going down and returning. I've read several posts about it being windy and cool/cold on those days. Is that just a seasonal thing or something that always happens due to the sea in that area? What has been your experience? I have no problem with packing warmer clothes for this, I'm just more curious as to if this is a common event.

I think it's most of the time. We've been to the Mexican Riveria several times and this has always been the case. Going doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as the trip back. When you embark it may be nice and warm or cold and windy. That first night and into the first sea day is a little cool and windy normally, but tends to warm up by noon. The last day is usually horrific. Hopefully Carnival has finally decided to cover a pool on the last day so people can at least have some pool time. In the past the whole deck areas are pretty empty the last day as its very windy and cool. The bad part is it seems like Carnival doesn't have near as many activities on that last day (in the Mexican Riviera) as the other days, so sometimes the last day I have a hard time finding something fun to do. I'm hoping the Splendor does a better job with this.

I've done the Splendor, Spirit, Elation and Paradise down & back. It is always cool and windy. A light jacket or hoodie should suffice. I was on the Splendor the last week of August, it was blazing and humid in Mexico chilly coming back. They did close the roof the last sea day. It was pretty humid inside with it closed, but better than being to cold to use.

We cruised the last week of August and they were using it. Our waiter said it was their 3rd week with the new menu. Just MHO, but I dont care for the new menu. I know some people love it but I just wasnt impressed with the new stuff and I can get the "homey" food, well, at home. I don't want meatloaf on a cruise in the MDR.:rolleyes:

I don't want meatloaf on a cruise in the MDR.:rolleyes:

Thanks so much. I'm with you but then again DH is thinking he might try it. I myself am intrigued by the Spicy Alliggator Fritters. If we don't like them, we can just order something else :D.

On our last cruise we didn't get to experience the MDR much and the last time we were with Carnival was 2002 so we are looking forward to this trip. DH doesn't know but I also booked us the Chef's Table (it's a surprise, unless he signs up for a CC account and reads this :p)

I don't like other peoples meatloaf and definitely not restaurant meatloaf but I decided to try it on my last cruise and it was delicious!

Thanks so much. I'm with you but then again DH is thinking he might try it. I myself am intrigued by the Spicy Alliggator Fritters. If we don't like them, we can just order something else :D.

On our last cruise we didn't get to experience the MDR much and the last time we were with Carnival was 2002 so we are looking forward to this trip. DH doesn't know but I also booked us the Chef's Table (it's a surprise, unless he signs up for a CC account and reads this :p)

I think Chef's table was Wednesday night.

Our first sea day (Oct 10) was absolutely GORGEOUS and quite warm -- however...that probably won't be the case in the winter months -- the last "at sea" day was sunny in the morning/early afternoon and cool but not freezing - it got gloomier and cooler as the day went on, which is typical. Also - if you get seasick at all, plan on medicating for that last day FOR SURE. You are beating against the tide all the back to Long Beach so the motion is a bit more pronounced.

here..this is better-

Locations - Launderettes

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7339

Lido Deck 9 - forward / across from 9270

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Riviera Deck 1 – aft / across from 1425

Upper Deck 6 – midship / across from 6391

Verandah Deck 8 – midship / across from 8381

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

Ironing Room: 2 ironing boards/irons

here..this is better-

Locations - Launderettes

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7339

Lido Deck 9 - forward / across from 9270

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Riviera Deck 1 – aft / across from 1425

Upper Deck 6 – midship / across from 6391

Verandah Deck 8 – midship / across from 8381

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

Ironing Room: 2 ironing boards/irons

Thank you so much! That's excellent information and very much appreciated! :)

We just upgraded our room to a spa room for our Dec cruise on Splendor. Unfortunately, Upsell Fairy did not call :D...we just wanted to change our current reservation. Having only cruised Splendor one time and the only time for Carnival, I was wondering if anyone had a spa room before and can you provide some insights? Are the apa rooms in a pretty quiet area and have less traffic? Do the rooms have private access to the spa...meaning can I wear my rob and sliippers to the spa without being noticed by hundreds of people. I saw a picture of Thalassotherapy pool online but it seems like it is surrounded by fitness equipment. Although is has glass separating the pool and fitness area, is the pool area quiet? This is the first cruise we take that we do not have kids or relatives with us, and DH and I excited that we get to be by ourselves, relax and enjoy each other's company. Any feedback on the spa amenities and surrounding is greatly appreciated. Thanks.