All Things Splendor

On Splendor later this year on B2B cruise for 14 days.

If you buy liquor ashore do they store it for you? When do you get it back?

If you purchase liqour onboard when is it delivered to your room?

When do they have sales on cigarettes and liqour?

I'm pretty sure the cigs were always the same price, 2 cartons for $52 or something close to that. Plus they had a larger 5 carton pack. You take the cigs with you when you purchase.

Yes, they will confiscate it and deliver it to your room the last night at sea.

I think ONBOARD purchases you can consume immediately so should be delivered immediately ?

At sea when stores and shops are open throughout the cruise. I think pricing is the same throughout the cruise. Enjoy your cruise.:D

At sea when stores and shops are open throughout the cruise. I think pricing is the same throughout the cruise. Enjoy your cruise.:D

Will they deliver the liquor to my room at the end of the first cruise on my B2B? I think you see where I am going with this question.

Will they deliver the liquor to my room at the end of the first cruise on my B2B? I think you see where I am going with this question.

AHAH ! ! Brilliant. :D

Very interesting question. I'm not sure, sorry. Have never purchased booze on the ship's store. Incredible strategy though . . . congratulations too. :)

Very interesting question. I'm not sure, sorry. Have never purchased booze on the ship's store. Incredible strategy though . . . congratulations too. :)

Your signature says you will be on Splendor in 10 days so if nobody answers perhaps you can find out.

Your signature says you will be on Splendor in 10 days so if nobody answers perhaps you can find out.

I don't know who, specifically, I would ask this question of, but I will most certainly make every effort to get an answer for you. (This situation has, most likely, occurred before, so I kinda feel you won't like the answer):)

Edited by glrounds

I also hear that if you buy it after 7 pm last night you can take it with you. Or I can have someon getting off have it delivered to their room. No big deal. Just enjoy your cruise. I am doing the 48 day from LA to NY in February. Can save a bundle.

Yes, doing a B2B they will deliver to your stateroom. The ship is closing its books for that itinerary. Your shipboard account will close and you will be issued new keys and a new account. You will also disembark and embark although it may be a walk off and on. You are technically on a new sailing although your "stuff" including purchases remains safely aboard waiting for your arrival for your second week of onboard bliss!

Yes, doing a B2B they will deliver to your stateroom. The ship is closing its books for that itinerary. Your shipboard account will close and you will be issued new keys and a new account. You will also disembark and embark although it may be a walk off and on. You are technically on a new sailing although your "stuff" including purchases remains safely aboard waiting for your arrival for your second week of onboard bliss!

Thanks to both of you for your answers. I now have my plan in place.

One more Splendor question. What late night venues are open if you get the munchies? Thinking burgers, fries. Is the deli open late? I know pizza is 24hrs. Thank you in advance.

Thanks to both of you for your answers. I now have my plan in place.

One more Splendor question. What late night venues are open if you get the munchies? Thinking burgers, fries. Is the deli open late? I know pizza is 24hrs. Thank you in advance.

Burges, hot dogs, fries, pizza (where you get my favorite, the Caesar salad) and room service. Deli is not open late.

Burges, hot dogs, fries, pizza (where you get my favorite, the Caesar salad) and room service. Deli is not open late.

Thanks ,Claire, I used to live in the E Bay, Pleasanton, Danville, and Livermore many years ago before BART came out.

Back to back is probably different, but usually I think you have to order your cruise booze in advance to be in your room for sailing.

Purchases of alcohol from the ship is held for debark as well as outside purchases. I was surprised to find that out last year. But thats why they have the order option I guess.

What are Carnival's libraries like? Is there a trading bin for people to trade their finished books (that are not currently the library's books)?

There aren't that many books in the libraries I've been in, maybe 100, and they are only open 2 hours a day, 1 hour in the a.m. and 1 hour in the p.m. where there's someone there to unlock the cabinets and you have to go during those hours to sign out a book and/or return a book.

Wow -- how the heck did you end up in Russia???

I met a wonderful woman at Del Mar race track 12 years ago. We lived in the US for awhile. We decided to move back to Moscow 2 yrs ago since it is much cheaper to live here. No mortgage, very cheap utilities, no taxes. It is very expensive for food, eating out, and clothing. We go to the US to buy clothes and cruise to eat out!

There aren't that many books in the libraries I've been in, maybe 100, and they are only open 2 hours a day, 1 hour in the a.m. and 1 hour in the p.m. where there's someone there to unlock the cabinets and you have to go during those hours to sign out a book and/or return a book.

I take my ebooks on Our family buys them and shares them with each other to cut the cost down. I love my Clive Cussler novels!!!

• 1 month later...

I kind of thought that by booking a spa room with balcony, it would be quieter and more private...but now looking at the map, it looks like the waterslide is on the same deck? And someone mentioned no cover on balcony. Should I expect less privacy than I originally hoped for? Thanks!

I kind of thought that by booking a spa room with balcony, it would be quieter and more private...but now looking at the map, it looks like the waterslide is on the same deck? And someone mentioned no cover on balcony. Should I expect less privacy than I originally hoped for? Thanks!

Hi Gwendy,

My wife & I recently booked a 2013 voyage on the Splendor & had similar

concerns. We decided not to go with the spa stateroom because of the

balcony privacy issue you just mentioned.

After doing some research, it does appear via other passengers & youtube video that

the Serenity section on deck 12 can indeed look down onto the spa stateroom balconies on deck 11.

However, having said that, only a partial view of the balcony can be seen.

I personally didn't want to take any chances concerning that. It also

made me think of a possible noise aspect from the deck above.

I can't comment in regard to the water slide foot traffic on the same deck as the spa staterooms,

hopefully someone can elaborate on that. It seems to me more of an

issue would be with voices above & the view from above to your balcony.

Have a wonderful day!

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Hi,

18 or 19 of us for August 12. Not much happening on our roll call so I thought I would ask here.

1. is there an elevator up the minature golf area? we have someone in a power chair that would love to play golf if he can get up there.

2. are there clamshells or hamocks in the serenity deck? we were on the dream in 3/2012 and there were. just wondering about the splendor.

3. also the serentiy deck bar had box lunches you could pick up instead of going to the buffet. is this offered as well?