All Things Splendor

Hello everyone! I just booked an inside cabin on the Empress deck. Are the indies bigger than Sea Princess? I'm wondering if an OV would be worth it?

Thanks!

Oceanview cabins are very large- even larger than the balcony cabins. Only downside is that they are on lower decks. Empress is a great deck location, being a few up from the dining rooms and lobby bar, and a few down from the Lido deck. But insides are rather small.

Hi Mulege,

You stated that in another post. The cancellation of the 2012 dry dock is indeed a rumor.

There is a gap in her itinerary from Oct 28- Nov 4..The gap is for a chartered cruise

Also, I wrote to John Heald at Carnival and was informed that the Splendor will most certainly

still have a dry dock & receive the 2.0 upgrades.

The dry dock definitely has not been cancelled. Please tell us where you are getting this

information, because it is not listed anywhere, other than you.

:)

The dry dock may have not been canceled yet, but there is no time set a side for it in 2012

Thanks for the answer. I read the Empress deck was good. We just got off the Sea Princess 10 day to Alaska with an Inside cabin at 148 sq ft. The one I booked on Splendor is 185 sq ft so it'll be an improvement. I decided to stay with my inside on the Empress. Mostly so we can afford to enjoy some excursions in Cabo.

We loved the Spa when we were on the Splendor in April, and it does cost $250 per couple as you say. The spa on the Spendor is one of the most fantastic things about the ship and not to be missed! I highly recommend booking a spa cabin which will include use of the spa plus more. It costs less than a regular cabin plus the $250 fee for spa access.

The spa pass is worth it.:D I wish all CCL ships had the t-pool thats on Splendor

Edited by notalandlover

Hi Mulege,

You stated that in another post. The cancellation of the 2012 dry dock is indeed a rumor.

There is a gap in her itinerary from Oct 28- Nov 4..

Also, I wrote to John Heald at Carnival and was informed that the Splendor will most certainly

The dry dock definitely has not been cancelled. Please tell us where you are getting this

JH is not always the best source for information. He was dead wrong about the new improved VIP program. Call Carnival, I did.

Hi Mulege,

There is a gap in her itinerary from Oct 28- Nov 4..

JH is not always the best source for information. He was dead wrong about the new improved VIP program. Call Carnival, I did.

When I try to book 10/28 on goccl I get an error-

5606 The requested sailing is a chartered sailing.

So I don't know of that is dry dock or if indeed the ship has been chartered.

When I try to book 10/28 on goccl I get an error-

5606 The requested sailing is a chartered sailing.

So I don't know of that is dry dock or if indeed the ship has been chartered.

You are right. There is NOT a cruise scheduled for October 28th thru November 4th.

You are right. There is NOT a cruise scheduled for October 28th thru November 4th.

There is a cruise in 10/28 but the whole ship was Chartered. It's Chartered by Atlantis events and it is all gay cruise. I found it on a gay cruise calendar.

Atlantis Events 10/28/2012 Mexican Riviera Carnival Splendor Long Beach, CA See who's on board

So no dry dock that week.

There is a cruise in 10/28 but the whole ship was Chartered. It's Chartered by Atlantis events and it is all gay cruise. I found it on a gay cruise calendar.

Atlantis Events 10/28/2012 Mexican Riviera Carnival Splendor Long Beach, CA See who's on board

So no dry dock that week.

Geeezzzzz. Doesn't look like it is getting one this year then. :mad:

John Heald posted all the dry dock schedules for 2012 and 2013 today. Guess what's not on the list? Splendor. Not even a mention of it. :(

Well it looks like you like the Splendor since you have cruised on her several times, so that's encouraging to me. I was hoping that the ship would not be run down when we go on our cruise in May 2013 but we will go either way since we can drive to the port in less than 2 hours & the 8 night cruise Fri-Sat fits our schedule so well. Here's Hoping!

Edited by absolutely brilliant

Well it looks like you like the Splendor since you have cruised on her several times, so that's encouraging to me. I was hoping that the ship would not be run down when we go on our cruise in May 2013 but we will go either way since we can drive to the port in less than 2 hours & the 8 night cruise Fri-Sat fits our schedule so well. Here's Hoping!

Love love love the Splendor!!! And it's in no way rundown, it's a fairly new ship (2008) and it had a drydock last year after the fire. This drydock was just going to add some of the 2.0 things. The ship itself is in great shape.

Love love love the Splendor!!! And it's in no way rundown, it's a fairly new ship (2008) and it had a drydock last year after the fire. This drydock was just going to add some of the 2.0 things. The ship itself is in great shape.

Agree with Jen. She's definitely NOT run down.

Looking forward to my 4th cruise on her sometimes in November or December.:)

Edited by glrounds

Agree with Jen. She's definitely NOT run down.

Looking forward to my 4th cruise on her sometimes in November or December.:)

I agree as well. We thought she was a great ship!! A little pink... But that didn't bother me at all!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Well I guess that's why it was scheduled for it's 2.0 makeover before moving to New York in the spring but that has now been cancelled..or " postponed" I guess it will wait until the ship has to go into mandatory drydock. Too bad as we are sailing May 17 & were looking forward to the upgrades.

Edited by absolutely brilliant

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that. Some of the things I've been reading seem to indicate that it's a hard ship to maneuver since some of the decks don't go all the way around the ship. It sounds like you have to go up & down steps to continue from forward to aft. We're staying on deck 2 hoping that we will be able to board elevators before they get filled on the way up to the pool deck.

Glad to hear that. Some of the things I've been reading seem to indicate that it's a hard ship to maneuver since some of the decks don't go all the way around the ship. It sounds like you have to go up & down steps to continue from forward to aft. We're staying on deck 2 hoping that we will be able to board elevators before they get filled on the way up to the pool deck.

Yes, it is a hard ship to move around, the flow is pretty bad and there are points on the Lido trying to make your way thru the buffet areas that have drink machines that cause complete stopping points, it's a crazy layout. We much prefer the Spirit class and Fantasy class ships, so much easier to get around and both seem much less crowded than the Splendor. But having said that we've been on the Splendor twice and will be again in 2 weeks since she's leaving the west coast. But we're looking forward to the Miracle.