All Things Splendor

Anyone know if I can do a couples massage and take my daughter (13) with me? She and I have done massages on RCCL and Princess with no problems but on Disney they absolutely refused to let her into the spa because she was under 18. Ironic!

Thanks, Katherine

Edited by kath00

PS: I was just perusing the member reviews on CC and noticed that the Splendor has gotten some GREAT reviews of late! Glad to see that after a rash of lukewarm comments in the Winter and Spring.

Katherine

(70 days and counting)

I could be/might be wrong, but I **think** they open the breakfast buffet earlier on port days. I just remember going up to Lido buffet early on sea days and there was only the continental breakfast and on port days all the offerings were there and it finally dawned on me the different schedules. :confused::o:confused::o Maybe post this ? on it's own thread as I'm sure it's fleet wide!

I could be/might be wrong, but I **think** they open the breakfast buffet earlier on port days. I just remember going up to Lido buffet early on sea days and there was only the continental breakfast and on port days all the offerings were there and it finally dawned on me the different schedules. :confused::o:confused::o Maybe post this ? on it's own thread as I'm sure it's fleet wide!

Just off the Splendor today, and I'd say this is about right. I think on a port day, they put out the continental at 6 and the "real breakfast" (eggs and bacon and such) at 7 a.m. On port days, it's all a half hour later.

Jim

Just off the Splendor today, and I'd say this is about right. I think on a port day, they put out the continental at 6 and the "real breakfast" (eggs and bacon and such) at 7 a.m. On port days, it's all a half hour later.

Jim

How was your cruise? Did you enjoy it? Anything to avoid or watch out for?

How was your cruise? Did you enjoy it? Anything to avoid or watch out for?

I'm still bushed from a 13-hour drive home (OK, my wife actually drove more than half), but in brief, and I mean really brief:

Uppers: I liked the ship and the crew a lot. We've all seen suggestions of discontent among the Carnival workers here on CC, but I saw none on the Splendor. The wait staff in particular was really excellent. (I'm willing to let them be human. They forgot one thing over seven dinners, extra veggies on night 7.)

Downers: Entertainment on this ship, at least the kind my wife and I are looking for, is lacking. Very little live music. There were only three major "production shows" in the main theater in seven nights. The first two were pretty boring, so we skipped the third. The family comedy shows suited us better then the adults-only shows (I had a little trouble finding the humor in sex with corpses).The MDR food ranged from OK to quite good, but none of the fish we tried was any good. The mahi the last night was not worthy of any cruise line's main dining room.

These negatives stand out in particular because our last cruise three months ago, aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines, featured great entertainment and memorable fish entrees.

I'll probably report more later. It was a good cruise overall, and I don't mean to scare anyone away. Of all the things that could go wrong on a cruise, hardly any did. We had a really good time over all, even though it was way too hot for us in Cabo and PV.

Jim

Thanks for your excellent and honest comments. Yes, it's HOT this time of year. We live in San Diego and it's too hot for me here right now, let alone 1000 miles SOuth of us! EEK.

Bummer about the fish. I love fish for dinner! Kath

• 1 month later...
has anyone here been on Carnival Miracle? the ship that will replace the Splendor in Long Beach? thoughts?

Been on her 3x and going on her once more before she goes out West. THAT'S how much we love that ship. Even being on her to go to Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau! :(:cool: GREAT SHIP. Spirit class ships so easy to get around and perfect size. Any specific questions, let me know! ;)

:)Does anyone know about the sitting area like in the Serenity area how many it holds and like many adult areas people get up early put there towels down and don’t come back to their sits for hours do they have a anyone looking for that thanks.

:)Does anyone know about the sitting area like in the Serenity area how many it holds and like many adult areas people get up early put there towels down and don’t come back to their sits for hours do they have a anyone looking for that thanks.

Adult Serenity areas forward on each side of the SPLENDOR. See WEBSHOTS pics below.

Hi glrrounds thank for the pictures of the splendor looks like you had a great time, I was wondering is it tough to get a sit in the Serenity do you need to get there early like many put towels down and wonder around for hours I no there’s both front and back of the ship but anyone know about how many it sits in the area thank you have a great cruise

Hi glrrounds thank for the pictures of the splendor looks like you had a great time, I was wondering is it tough to get a sit in the Serenity do you need to get there early like many put towels down and wonder around for hours I no there’s both front and back of the ship but anyone know about how many it sits in the area thank you have a great cruise

I don't know about glrounds' experience, but during my two cruises on the Splendor there was essentially no one who used the Serenity. The ship is so huge and not really crowded at all. Enjoy your cruise!

The only time I took pics of the Serenity areas was right after my VIP boarding and there was virtually NO ONE THERE.:) Upon boarding a new ship for the first time I race around taking as many pics as I can before the "mob" gets onboard.

My favorite spot was on Deck 10 overlooking the Aft Pool. Played Gin Rummy there for hours with my cruise buddy. I don't think I went forward to the Serenity area ever after that. Sorry, I couldn't help with that question.:(