All Things Splendor

• 1 month later...

Looks like this thread died down a bit. I have seen many recent reviews saying there is a Guy's burgers on board. We are going to board her on Monday - 2 days!! I will write a review and post here upon my return so that we can get this thread going again.

First time cruiser!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looks like this thread died down a bit. I have seen many recent reviews saying there is a Guy's burgers on board. We are going to board her on Monday - 2 days!! I will write a review and post here upon my return so that we can get this thread going again.

First time cruiser!

Have a GREAT CRUISE and Happy Thanksgiving. Sadly, there is no Guy's Burgers on the Splendor, but you won't go hungry! ;)

Another tip: they have chocolate sauce at the aft port side dessert area at lunch time. I always got a salad dish, filled it with soft serve ice cream, then went back and put some chocolate sauce on top! ;):p I posted this on one of the lst pages, but it needs repeating if you are going on the ship in 2 days! :D

Another tip: they have chocolate sauce at the aft port side dessert area at lunch time. I always got a salad dish, filled it with soft serve ice cream, then went back and put some chocolate sauce on top! ;):p I posted this on one of the lst pages, but it needs repeating if you are going on the ship in 2 days! :D

Great tip!! Thank you!! My 6 year old is beyond excited about the soft serve - the 26 degree weather doesn't affect his desire for ice cream! As for the burgers - oh well, I'm not worried!! Thanks!!

First time cruiser!

Hi neighbor!

Good Monday a wee chilly morning.Saw your post ;) and wanted to wish youall a Happy Evacuation Day first as it is the 25th. Next we booked once again. This 12/11/2013 on Carnival Lines largest Ship, the Splendor on a Four letter Deck

May your Thankgiving also be well.

[:cool:/COLOR]

Have a GREAT CRUISE and Happy Thanksgiving. Sadly, there is no Guy's Burgers on the Splendor, but you won't go hungry! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The bf and I are doing our first cruise with just the two of us leaving on the 27th for an early 5 year anniversary gift. I'm so excited! We've got a spa balcony cabin on deck 10.

Any tips for a couple looking for stuff to do mostly together? He loves games and the comedy acts, I'm excited for the spa, and we'll both be attacking mini golf. How is the sushi/taste bar price-wise?

Any tips for some drinks that won't break the bank? We both like mixed drinks, but he'll have a beer or two and I'll probably bring/have some wine.

Mostly, I'm excited to cruise without a family-freedom!!

The bf and I are doing our first cruise with just the two of us leaving on the 27th for an early 5 year anniversary gift. I'm so excited! We've got a spa balcony cabin on deck 10.

Any tips for a couple looking for stuff to do mostly together? He loves games and the comedy acts, I'm excited for the spa, and we'll both be attacking mini golf. How is the sushi/taste bar price-wise?

Any tips for some drinks that won't break the bank? We both like mixed drinks, but he'll have a beer or two and I'll probably bring/have some wine.

The taste bar just gives out samples on sea days, no more sushi. Unless you count the sushi appetizer they have in the MDR for one of the nights.

We did our first cruise last may on the splendor. We are mid-twenties and loved doing the comedy club at night, and we ordered bottles from the fun shops through carnivals site beforehand. Saved a lot of money drink wise since we brought on chasers. Taste bar is included in your fare btw. Have fun!

We just got back from our 11/25 sailing and we were in a spa balcony room on the 11th deck. It was our first cruise and we took our 6 yr old. We had an amazing time. Some tips for you - it was cold on the balcony so you can't really sit out there for a long time the first 3 days - however, we liked to keep the door open for fresh air and it was awesome to have cold air come in.

Use the spa steam rooms/thalassotherapy pool at night, between 8 & 10 it's all yours and very private. Hubby and I found that to be our fave time there.

We had Pat as our steward in room 1114. She was amazing. All of the stewards are amazing.

Mini golf will be difficult until you get to FL. Too cold and windy before then.

We brought some liquor on board. Our cruise mates brought legit 3 bottles of rum and vodka and nobody checked. Try it. Worse that can happen is they take it and store until you leave. No loss on your part. You can each bring a bottle of wine. If you drink beer - get the bucket of beer. 4 cans/bottles with $2 off the total. If you do not finish, bring to your room. The steward will refill the ice. Don't tip on drinks, it's all included.

Adult Comedy shows and Fiesta were good. Quest with Malcolm is a must. Trivia in lobby can be fun too. Oh the evening "party" dances in the Lido are fun but hilarious to watch!! Have a great time!!

Christina

Novice cruiser - can't wait for the next one!!

We did our first cruise last may on the splendor. We are mid-twenties and loved doing the comedy club at night, and we ordered bottles from the fun shops through carnivals site beforehand. Saved a lot of money drink wise since we brought on chasers. Taste bar is included in your fare btw. Have fun!

So, you buy a bottle of Vodka before hand on CCL?

How does that work and where do you keep it?

So, you buy a bottle of Vodka before hand on CCL?

How does that work and where do you keep it?

On the carnival website click "fun shops" and you can order up to two bottles to be delivered to the room. We chose for it to be delivered upon embarkation so when we got to the room, it was there. We have done this on our past two cruises and will be doing it again. Very Convenient.

We brought some liquor on board. Our cruise mates brought legit 3 bottles of rum and vodka and nobody checked. Try it. Worse that can happen is they take it and store until you leave. No loss on your part. You can each bring a bottle of wine. If you drink beer - get the bucket of beer. 4 cans/bottles with $2 off the total. If you do not finish, bring to your room. The steward will refill the ice. Don't tip on drinks, it's all included.

Christina

So, you just put the booze in your checked luggage? :cool:

Scanners did not detect it huh?

On the carnival website click "fun shops" and you can order up to two bottles to be delivered to the room. We chose for it to be delivered upon embarkation so when we got to the room, it was there. We have done this on our past two cruises and will be doing it again. Very Convenient.

You don't think the steward gets thirsty? :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
So, you just put the booze in your checked luggage? :cool:

Scanners did not detect it huh?

Apparently not! I was hesitant and did the camouflage method. Our friends just packed bottles. Maybe we just got lucky. Lol

• 9 months later...
We just got back from our 11/25 sailing and we were in a spa balcony room on the 11th deck. It was our first cruise and we took our 6 yr old. We had an amazing time. Some tips for you - it was cold on the balcony so you can't really sit out there for a long time the first 3 days - however, we liked to keep the door open for fresh air and it was awesome to have cold air come in.

Use the spa steam rooms/thalassotherapy pool at night, between 8 & 10 it's all yours and very private. Hubby and I found that to be our fave time there.

We had Pat as our steward in room 1114. She was amazing. All of the stewards are amazing.

Mini golf will be difficult until you get to FL. Too cold and windy before then.

Adult Comedy shows and Fiesta were good. Quest with Malcolm is a must. Trivia in lobby can be fun too. Oh the evening "party" dances in the Lido are fun but hilarious to watch!! Have a great time!!

Christina

Did you like the Splendor?

As for the burgers - oh well, I'm not worried!! Thanks!irst time cruiser! p

Splendor still has a grill for Hotdogs, Hamburgers and grilled chicken sandwiches. Its not guy's but it will serve the purpose to get a burger.

( I HATE hotdogs on ships that have guys burgers-- they are worse then mirowaved dogs-- yuck-- LOVE the grilled dogs though

Just got off the Splendor last week. Had a good cruise but I will say out of the 7 Carnival ships I have been on the Splendor is my LEAST favorite. Needs serious updating. Would never book Splendor again. Still had a great time. Food in Dinning Room was excellent. Steakhouse was not so good. Buffet was not very good either. Pizza was great. Burgers cold and dry. Deli was great.

Edited by Jimmy Geegitz

• 5 weeks later...
I have a question about the serenity area. Do they just have individual lounge chairs ? Or do they have the round ones with a canopy for couples ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

there is individual lounge chairs.

http://fromthedeckchair.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cs_serenity.jpg

the round beds are not just for couples-- you can use those too

Edited by serene56