All Things Splendor

We were just on the Splendor 7/10-7/17. We had a two person table in the Gold Pearl (the maitre'd Shane called it honeymooners row) but towards the aft of the ship against the windows were several 8-10 person tables. We were actually seated next to a family that was split between two of them so they can definitely accommodate large groups in the Gold Pearl MDR.

Good morning everyone. I have a few random Splendor questions. I'm sure someone here will know the answers. :)

I read on another post about some ships having interactive TV. Does the Splendor have this and if so, what do you do with it?

Do both dining rooms have "Your Choice Dining" or is this limited to only one dining room?

I read that there was a really good show that had dancers and others that would board the Splendor while it was in one of the ports (not sure which port). I really wanted to see this show. Now that the ports are a bit different are the shows the same? Does anyone remember seeing this show lately?

And finally my last and most important question of the morning (I'm sure I will have more in a few minutes). What kind of juice is available with the soda package? I'm trying to decide what kind of alcohol to order from Bon Voyage. ;)

The TV are interactive, we could check our sign and sail, order breakfast, checkout that nights menu's in the main dining room, etc. In Puerto Vallarata there is a group of dancers that come aboard and do a show. I believe anytime dining is in the Black Pearl. :)

The TV are interactive, we could check our sign and sail, order breakfast, checkout that nights menu's in the main dining room, etc. In Puerto Vallarata there is a group of dancers that come aboard and do a show. I believe anytime dining is in the Black Pearl. :)

Thank you!

Did anytime dining two months ago on the SPLENDOR. Don't know what dining room it was called but it was the upstairs portion of the dining room closest to the Atrium Bar. That probably isn't very helpful, I'm sorry. We used it 5 or 6 times on my last cruise and only had to wait ONCE when we requested table for two. Worked out fine though as they give you a "beeper" and you can go off to the Atrium Bar to await the call. First time I did this and found it very enjoyable.

I read on another post about some ships having interactive TV. Does the Splendor have this and if so, what do you do with it?

Do both dining rooms have "Your Choice Dining" or is this limited to only one dining room?

You can order room service on the TV or check your sail and sign account.

Anytime dining is in the Black Pearl, and you enter upstairs off the atrium.

I'm 10 days out from sail away on the Splendor, Aug. 7th-14th. Can't wait. I've read through aa majority of the posts on this thread and here's the notes I have so far.

Let me know if I'm missing any secret spots or something that is a must do or must see.

thanks,

David

Lido deck secret door - all the way forward port side

Deck 6 & 7 secret door - all the way forward, end of aisle side door then another door toward bow of ship.

Lido Buffet - rotisserie - staircase behind dessert area

When exiting the Gold Pearl dining room continue through the Robusto Lounge all the way to the rear right hand side. Exit the lounge and contine walking down a hallway until you see a set of stairs. Take those stairs and you will be on the deck above at the Coffee Shop / Tapas Bar.

Chocolate Buffet - last day at sea

I'm 10 days out from sail away on the Splendor, Aug. 7th-14th. Can't wait. I've read through aa majority of the posts on this thread and here's the notes I have so far.

Let me know if I'm missing any secret spots or something that is a must do or must see.

thanks,

David

Lido deck secret door - all the way forward port side

Deck 6 & 7 secret door - all the way forward, end of aisle side door then another door toward bow of ship.

Lido Buffet - rotisserie - staircase behind dessert area

When exiting the Gold Pearl dining room continue through the Robusto Lounge all the way to the rear right hand side. Exit the lounge and contine walking down a hallway until you see a set of stairs. Take those stairs and you will be on the deck above at the Coffee Shop / Tapas Bar.

Chocolate Buffet - last day at sea

A must do on my list is to have some Mac and Cheese from the Rotisserie. :)

Did anytime dining two months ago on the SPLENDOR. Don't know what dining room it was called but it was the upstairs portion of the dining room closest to the Atrium Bar. That probably isn't very helpful, I'm sorry. We used it 5 or 6 times on my last cruise and only had to wait ONCE when we requested table for two. Worked out fine though as they give you a "beeper" and you can go off to the Atrium Bar to await the call. First time I did this and found it very enjoyable.

Thanks, we will be requesting a table for two also. I wonder how far the beeper will work from the dining room.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Splendor at the start of October and I am very interested in either kayaking or snorkeling at one of the ports (preferably Cabo - there is a resort we'd like to go to in PV). Has anyone done either of these activities? Any pointers?

Thanks, we will be requesting a table for two also. I wonder how far the beeper will work from the dining room.

They say the beeper will work from the whole ship. On the Paradise, I have walked in to the showroom (no show going on at the time) and the buzzer worked.

They say the beeper will work from the whole ship. On the Paradise, I have walked in to the showroom (no show going on at the time) and the buzzer worked.

Thank you, this sounds perfect. I don't mind waiting for a table but I really don't like being tied to a certain area while I wait.

We are sailing on the Splendor at the start of October and I am very interested in either kayaking or snorkeling at one of the ports (preferably Cabo - there is a resort we'd like to go to in PV). Has anyone done either of these activities? Any pointers?

We booked a snorkeling tour in Cabo with Pez Gato. We sailed on a catamaran over to Land's End then around to the Sea of Cortez. Drinks were flowing and music was playing. We snorkeled for a couple of hours and were greeted back on the boat with a delicious home-made lunch of sandwiches, freshly made guacamole, freshly made salsa, and tortilla chips. There were only 35 passengers on board. It was one of the best excursions I have taken.

I was curious if someone who has sailed the Splendor in the last month or so could let me know if the sports bar is a smoking or non-smoking area. My Raiders are playing on Monday night football while we're sailing and I was just wondering if the "Our House" lounge was going to be smoke free during the game. Thanks to anyone who knows :)

I was curious if someone who has sailed the Splendor in the last month or so could let me know if the sports bar is a smoking or non-smoking area. My Raiders are playing on Monday night football while we're sailing and I was just wondering if the "Our House" lounge was going to be smoke free during the game. Thanks to anyone who knows :)

The Sports Bar is one of the few smoking areas on the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
If you like latin music, the Latina Fiesta show is a must-see (if they still have it). The FIRST pool party is the best so don't miss it. The last time we went, they had 2 pool parties back to back and the turnout wasn't good at the second night.

The midnight Mexican buffet is aweome (I think it's on the second pool party night). The Indian place (Tabdoor, I believe) is great if you like Indian food. Don't miss the rotisserie place cuz it's sorta hidden and many people don't even know it exists.

Do NOT purchase any city tour excursions at PV -- they are more like shopping tours, mostly taking you to pre-determined placed to shop. Not much sight seeing. Get a cab for a few bucks and go to the Malecon and explore it yourself.

Check out my Splendor videos when you get a chance. The link is below.

Does anyone know if the Splendor still has the the Latina Fiesta show or the Midnight Mexican buffet?