All Things Splendor

Hi everyone....I posted this on another thread but no answer yet so I thought I would try here.

Splendor Inside Obstructed View Rooms. Hello, my friends (father and son) have an inside room and are now wishing that they booked something else. I saw the following two rooms are available but we have no idea what this type of room is like. Has anyone stayed in room 6205 or 6206. If so, did you like your room? Would you stay there again? Carnival's website states that the view is obstructed. Are the windows large or small? Do you get very much light? Do you have any type of view at all? I'm sorry for all of the questions. I hope someone can help us soon. Also pictures would be great if anyone has any. Thanks so much! Oh, I forgot, I was asked if I would trade my balcony room for their inside room....not. :D

Hi everyone....I posted this on another thread but no answer yet so I thought I would try here.

Splendor Inside Obstructed View Rooms. Hello, my friends (father and son) have an inside room and are now wishing that they booked something else. I saw the following two rooms are available but we have no idea what this type of room is like. Has anyone stayed in room 6205 or 6206. If so, did you like your room? Would you stay there again? Carnival's website states that the view is obstructed. Are the windows large or small? Do you get very much light? Do you have any type of view at all? I'm sorryall of the questions. I hope someone can help us soon. Also pictures would be great if anyone has any. Thanks so much! Oh, I forgot, I was asked if I would trade my balcony room for their inside room....not. :D

Copy and paste this 6205 or 6206 to "Search" (above to the right) and you will come up with pages of info. Looks like these two cabins are oversize and may be a great deal that they are considered interior cabins with windows. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone knows much about the spa/sauna facilities on Splendor??

Is there a sauna & steam room?

Is there additional charge to use these??

Have been on RCCL where these are always free but as Carnival has the Spa Deck area and hydro pools etc etc just wondered whether the "sauna" area is separate.

Thanks for any info!!

Shaun

Thanks for all the tips, ideas, suggestions and just tons of info!

Wife and I just got back last week from Caribbean NCL Pearl and had a great time.

Whole family (4 kids) will be going on the Splendor Jan 16. We will be in rooms 2220 and 2218. 2220 was priced at inside but had an obstructed porthole so should be interesting to see what it's like.

Thanks Stacey!!

Always had the grand plan of trying to lose a couple of kilos in the sauna!!

Hasnt really worked on previous cruises! LOL

Thanks again,

Shaun

The amenities in the Spa are extra $$ (steam rooms, sauna, etc.). However, I believe there is a sauna in the gym that you can use for free.

I just read John Heald's blog from yesterday. John will be leaving the Splendor a week early and he won't be the CD when I am on the Splendor. What a bummer....I was so excited. :( But I do wish him and his wife a very Happy Anniversary.

We will be on the Splendor 11/28/10 I was looking forward to having John as our CD when will he be leaving?

I think your cruise will be his last cruise on the Splendor. Lucky you!!

Thank you for your reply. This will be my first cruise with carnival I have one previous cruise to Alaska on Princess and I am now hooked. Cannot wait until Nov. 28. it looks like you will be on the splendor the next week I hope you have a wonderful time.

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone knows much about the spa/sauna facilities on Splendor??

Is there a sauna & steam room?

Is there additional charge to use these??

Have been on RCCL where these are always free but as Carnival has the Spa Deck area and hydro pools etc etc just wondered whether the "sauna" area is separate.

Thanks for any info!!

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

We just got back from our 10/17 cruise on the Splendor and absolutely loved it! We got the couples spa package for the week. We loved it and used it everyday. It included the Thassotherapy pool. 2 steam rooms, heated tile beds and chairs. You got a card to let us in the room. I think there is a steam room in the gym but not 100% sure. They gym is free. If you don't want to buy the package for the week, you can buy day passes. We really enjoyed. I hope you have a great cruise!!

Karen

Thank you for your reply. This will be my first cruise with carnival I have one previous cruise to Alaska on Princess and I am now hooked. Cannot wait until Nov. 28. it looks like you will be on the splendor the next week I hope you have a wonderful time.

I'm hooked too! I think this will be my 7th cruise in a little over 2 years. I hope you enjoy Carnival as much as I do. Someday I hope to go on a Princess cruise. Have a great cruise and take care of the Splendor for me. :)

We will be on the cruise leaving on March 6th, 2011. Can not wait! I have never been on a cruise....wifey was on one in 1989 as a teenager.

How does one find out who the CD is going to be for their cruise?

Tom

Hi Karen,

Thanks for that info...do you remember how much the week and day passes were??

We are just over a month away until our cruise!!

Cant wait!!

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

We just got back from our 10/17 cruise on the Splendor and absolutely loved it! We got the couples spa package for the week. We loved it and used it everyday. It included the Thassotherapy pool. 2 steam rooms, heated tile beds and chairs. You got a card to let us in the room. I think there is a steam room in the gym but not 100% sure. They gym is free. If you don't want to buy the package for the week, you can buy day passes. We really enjoyed. I hope you have a great cruise!!

Karen

We will be on the cruise leaving on March 6th, 2011. Can not wait! I have never been on a cruise....wifey was on one in 1989 as a teenager.

How does one find out who the CD is going to be for their cruise?

Tom

Go on John Heald's Blog (link is on Carnival web site). I think the link is on the left hand side of the page. John had posted on his blog that he will be leaving the Splendor early but the CD schedule still shows that he will be on the Splendor during my cruise. I'm sure that John will update his CD schedule when he finds the time. John is a very busy man who somehow finds the time to do nice things for total strangers. We need more people like John in the world. I really was looking forward to having him as CD.

It looks like you picked a great ship for your first cruise. I can't wait to hear about your cruise when you return. In a few weeks, I will be on the Splendor for the first time. I promise to take great care of her for you!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

Thanks for the help with the link for John's blog. I appreciate it very much! I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Splendor! Please take and post lots of pictures! I am really excited about going on my first cruise...I think I am driving Wifey nuts with all the research and reading I am doing but I am having fun! LOL

Tom

I'm hooked too! I think this will be my 7th cruise in a little over 2 years. I hope you enjoy Carnival as much as I do. Someday I hope to go on a Princess cruise. Have a great cruise and take care of the Splendor for me. :)

Wave to me as you are getting on the ship I will be the one they are dragging off the ship begging to be allowed to stay on.

Edited by vrock

Hi Karen,

Thanks for that info...do you remember how much the week and day passes were??

We are just over a month away until our cruise!!

Cant wait!!

Shaun

We purchased the pass on the first day. We went to the "Spa Talk", and when you did that and buy it that day, we supposedly saved 100.00 and so we got the pass for the week for the 2 of us for 248.00. I will look for my Capers and see if the Day pass prices are in there. I don't remember what they were. I know that they were cheaper on port days. Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Karen

Although I've seen the SPLENDOR many times in port, I've never watched sailaway. I might do that also this Sunday. The Queen Mary, berthed next to the her has a great brunch as well.:)

If you see somebody on the bow side of the embarkation dome, standing there taking pictures with tears running down his face, its me. :D

Guess where I went today? First we went to the Reef for brunch....Dislike. Next it was off to the Splendor! The port was PACKED with people waiting to board. I was so excited. We were trying to find our balcony room by counting the balconies. I think we found the general area. I wanted to board the ship so bad but I couldn't so I just stood there with tears running down my face.....no wait, that was you. :) The Splendor is a BEAUTIFUL ship. I didn't get to stay for sail away because my friends were ready to leave. My friends made me leave and it was at this point that I had tears running down my face. :( I'm so ready for my cruise. Is it December yet???

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any car rental companys (doesnt have to be a big company) that would be within walking distance of the cruise terminal??

We're looking at picking up a car for the few days we are in LA before we fly home.

Not being a local, wasnt sure of the locations etc.

Thanks in advance for any info!!

Shaun