My 1st cruise and this seriously had to happen???

I know that this can be very scary. I once caught a man watching me shower in a bath house at a camp ground. He was on the floor looking up at me. He was close enough to grab me and I knew that no one would have heard me if I screamed.

Please dont let this sour your taste for RCCL. Things happen and some employees may not live up to the RCCL standards. I think it was great that you got the onboard credit. It is definately worth complaining sometimes.

Beth

I know that this can be very scary. I once caught a man watching me shower in a bath house at a camp ground. He was on the floor looking up at me. He was close enough to grab me and I knew that no one would have heard me if I screamed.

Please dont let this sour your taste for RCCL. Things happen and some employees may not live up to the RCCL standards. I think it was great that you got the onboard credit. It is definately worth complaining sometimes.

Beth

Whoa!!! What did you do?! Did he run off ?! Was he caught?!

Obviously, you don't have to respond, but now that you mentioned it, I'm curious. Glad you're okay.

What a creep.:mad:

I had a similar event happen several years ago in a hotel. Only this was the morning and my wife and I were wide awake. I heard someone at the door, and figured that it was housekeeping. Only then two men with luggage walked in. Trust me, we were all a little surprised. They were assigned the room on the day we were checking out, but had not yet checked out. I called the desk, they left and went down in person. The hotel was appologetic but gave us nothing. I have no idea if the other guys got anything.

Whoa!!! What did you do?! Did he run off ?! Was he caught?!

Obviously, you don't have to respond, but now that you mentioned it, I'm curious. Glad you're okay.

What a creep.:mad:

Fortunately, he was just a peeper. I screamed at him to get out and he did. I went to the front office, had them call the police, and made a formal complaint. The next day I saw a cop in the campground and stupidly figured she was there to follow up or keep watch. When I asked her if there had been any developements, she didn't know anything about it. Nice, huh? I did demand that the campground do something. They sent me a certificate for a free 2 night stay. Whipee!!!

It would appear that the default setting for this card-key lock thing is to be UNLOCKED whenever the battery is dead. Therefore, I suspect that anyone could have opened the door by simply moving the handle, no card key required (it just APPEARED that the drunk's card key worked). Again, this is most certainly an unacceptable situation. :eek:

This is true! We were staying at a hotel in a room next to my brother and his family, and were already in our room for the night, My brother's 4 year old ran to his room, just ahead of them, and opened the door! They were shocked to say the least! They then came to our door (with the "inside" lock in the LOCKED position, and were able to just open my door. Thank goodness for the "flip lock" (similar to a chain) at the top of the door. Something had malfunctioned, and the door locks for the ENTIRE hotel had defaulted to the UNLOCKED position. Can you even imagine the liability there?? Thank goodness it was the end of a weekend, in a small town hotel that was mostly empty. Just a note...it was not an old hotel either, it had only been open about 6 months.

I thought the same thing. Hotels uses the same system of key cards with a battery operated lock. If the battery was dead, the door can not be unlocked. This happened at the hotel I was MOD (manager on duty) for, it was the weekend and had to call chief engineer in for the repair.

Also why wasn't your dead bolt used??? :confused: :eek:

This happened to us last week at Disney World. Took the engineering Dept. about 20 mins to fix it while we waited "locked OUT" in the hall. I don't see how a key card could unlock a deadbolt. I am sorry, however, for your scare.

Why are people blaming the victim? You should be ashamed of yourselves.:mad:

I hope you're never the victim of a crime and the judge throws the case out because it was all your fault you got robbed, raped, beaten up, had your identity stolen, etc.

Cabin doors locking is the responsibility of the cruise line. I suppose if the OP had been killed by this person it would have still been her fault :rolleyes:

Rubbish, utter rubbish.

Lock your cabin from the inside. Entirely your responsibility

Archived