Vancouver terminal - a nightmare????

I confirmed with the officers today that Nexus can be used at Canada Place. It does not "fast track" you through, but it does work!

Many thanks, it was most kind of you and I really appreciate your trouble in determining this for me. I had my pix taken at Costco (downtown) on Thursday in anticipation of my passport renewal but now that the passport fee is up in the high $80 range, I just hate giving the feds money before I have to.:)

but now that the passport fee is up in the high $80 range, I just hate giving the feds money before I have to.:)

$80!;) We wish ... we just paid $104 AUD for our kids 5year passports and our 10 year passports are now $208 :eek:As Aussies we cannot even leave our borders without a passport so no matter how much we hate "donating" money to the government at any time it is a very evil necessity ;)

Cheers

David

I thought I remember something about this applying to only those who are not US or Canadians citizens and as a Canadian I haven't had that happen.

Perhaps PD has an answer

Cheers

Dennis

I know that Canadian and obviously US citizens are not fingerprinted but the citizens of at least some other countires are, including the UK I believe. It would be interesting to know what citizenship bcnvcanada has an even at that maybe his identity was so close to someone else's on custom's list they needed to double check...but that's only a guess on my part.

Has any other else had their fingerprints taken, picture in vancover by the u.s. Is this something new? I have a green card and go back and forth many times a years. Just wondering. This happen recently on my cruise.

I was fingerprinted entering the US 5 years ago. It's common for non-USA citizens to get fingerprinted entering the USA. I believe Brazil fingerprints USA citizens (and only USA citizens) as a reciprocity measure.

Has any other else had their fingerprints taken, picture in vancover by the u.s. Is this something new? I have a green card and go back and forth many times a years. Just wondering. This happen recently on my cruise.

Yes, at the port they fingerprint any non-US and Canadian citizens (though if you showed your green card, you shouldn't have needed fingerprinting). This is why immigration can take up to 2-3 hours for "International" travellers and the reason they are taken to a separate area where they can sit and await processing. US and Canadian passport holders (and US green card holders...) go through a different line up - did you let the reps at the immigration line know you had a green card?

Archived