What is a FCC?

xop

Future Cruise Credit.

It's when you book a future cruise while on the ship.

Not sure how others handle it but on HAL you pay $100 per person which is your deposit - which is non-refundable (unlike a normal deposit). But you have 4 years to choose which cruise to use it on. And you get some OBC (on-board credit) - amount differs depending on type of cabin and length of cruise.

A future cruise credit is what some receive when they have a problem on the ship, such as a missed port or something like that. The cruise line will issue you a certificate for a future cruise credit (FCC) in a specific dollar amount or a percent off your next cruise. Sometimes it's for as little as $100, or for as much as 25% to 50% off your next cruise. Sorry, but I don't think what another poster said was correct, when you book your next cruise on board. That's called an on board booking, or a future cruise booking, but it's not a FCC.

The future cruise certs you buy, you can book on your cruise ...or you can take the certificate home to use on a cruise you later book on Carnival, RCL and Princess. My 3 cruise lines.

I have taken the certs home from them all to book later. I think they cost $100 on all those 3 cruiselines. You get onboard credit (OBC) to spend during your cruise when they are applied to your cruise.

A future cruise credit is what some receive when they have a problem on the ship, such as a missed port or something like that. The cruise line will issue you a certificate for a future cruise credit (FCC) in a specific dollar amount or a percent off your next cruise. Sometimes it's for as little as $100, or for as much as 25% to 50% off your next cruise. Sorry, but I don't think what another poster said was correct, when you book your next cruise on board. That's called an on board booking, or a future cruise booking, but it's not a FCC.

Iv gotten this once, but it was not referred to as a FCC, which most refer to as the certs you buy onboard a cruise.

I got a small discount plus $35 OBC toward a 7 day cruise of my choice.

I can see how you could call it a future cruise credit though, even though its not what most mean when they are saying FCCs.

Iv gotten this once, but it was not referred to as a FCC, which most refer to as the certs you buy onboard a cruise.

I got a small discount plus $35 OBC toward a 7 day cruise of my choice.

I can see how you could call it a future cruise credit though, even though its not what most mean when they are saying FCCs.

Actually, the certificate we received from X was titled "Future Cruise Credit". We received $500 to use on a future cruise.........

Sorry, but I don't think what another poster said was correct, when you book your next cruise on board. That's called an on board booking, or a future cruise booking, but it's not a FCC.
Princess titles their future cruise/onboard bookings as FCC, as does HAL.

on NCL i believe they are called Cruise Certificate Rewards...they cost $250 and you get $100 instant OBC (only can purchase on board) to be used within 4 years and the Certificate is used for your down-payment...got 4 of them on our december cruise and gave one as a gift they are transferable too...only way to go if you know you want to cruise within the 4 years...so NICE not to have to have that down-payment when you book!

Archived