Carnival Pride Review 5-9-10 with pics.

deucbmac

Hello everyone,

the family and I are currently still sitting aboard the Pride awaiting the debarkation process. Not really happy about coming home already but it will be nice to see the pups and all the friends and family. I will hopefully get started on the rest of the review when we return home and I rest a little.

So....... stay tuned.:cool:

Hello everyone,

the family and I are currently still sitting aboard the Pride awaiting the debarkation process. Not really happy about coming home already but it will be nice to see the pups and all the friends and family. I will hopefully get started on the rest of the review when we return home and I rest a little.

So....... stay tuned.:cool:

Waiting with baited breath.... :D Im not going till Sept but I love seeing pictures and bought a entry/mid level DSLR jsut for the trip... I cant wait.

Hope you and yours had a blast.

Leaving in two weeks so I am anxiously awaiting your review:

A few questions if you can answer....

1) Since we are driving to port we can be flexible with timing. Do you have any feedback on what would be the best time to arrive to port?

2) If you were a past guest, do you know what day / time is the past guest party?

3) How were the seas, did you feel a lot of motion?

Can't wait for your review!

Welcome back, and I hope you had a great cruise. I am eagerly awaiting your review. I'm also interested in knowing the best time to arrive so we can walk right on the ship. Not interested in hanging around and waiting....:o

Ok, So the whole family made it home and pretty much un packed, at least the wife and I are! I will probably start posting everything tomorrow. We took a lot of pics and I need to steal my sister mother's cameras so I can get their pics also.

I figured I would take the time and try to answer some questions so here goes nothing!:cool:

Waiting with baited breath.... :D Im not going till Sept but I love seeing pictures and bought a entry/mid level DSLR jsut for the trip... I cant wait.

Thanks, You'll get some great shots with that then. Sept should be a good weather time also.

1) Since we are driving to port we can be flexible with timing. Do you have any feedback on what would be the best time to arrive to port?

2) If you were a past guest, do you know what day / time is the past guest party?

We arrived at the port around 10:30am which was way to early. We had to wait , then drop our bags off, pay for parking, go through security and get that all in check, get our sail and sign account taken care of and then sit for another hour. Probably the best time is 1:00-1:30 with possibly a little wait.

The past guest party was on Tuesday, 4:30-5:15 .

The seas were a little eh? We went through a few pills but nothing too bad.

Next week at this time I hope to be sitting on the Lido deck with drink in hand!!! Can't wait to hear your review!!

I had way to many DOD's and buckets of Miller Lite.

Welcome back, and I hope you had a great cruise. I am eagerly awaiting your review. I'm also interested in knowing the best time to arrive so we can walk right on the ship. Not interested in hanging around and waiting....:o

I would say to walk on probably about 1:30 on. Our ship was late but we were getting on by 1:15.

Can not wait for you reveiw

Thanks!:cool:

When in September are you sailing? I'll be on the September 26th cruise and it's gonna be so nice actually driving to the docks. Last time I cruised out of Baltimore was sometime in the early 2000. :)

When in September are you sailing? I'll be on the September 26th cruise and it's gonna be so nice actually driving to the docks. Last time I cruised out of Baltimore was sometime in the early 2000. :)

My trip is the 12th.

Do you have the Carnival Capers by any chance...looking to plan a spa day but want to catch a good "deal".

Thanks!

Hey there just thought i'd introduce myself too. I'm Deucbmac's (Adam) wife, Samantha. I'll put my two cents in every now and again and help answer some questions and tell my side of the story.;)

As for the capers....now known as "The Fun Times" we do have all of them and i'm going to work on either scanning them or taking pictures of them to upload to the post as well. I didn't though save the extra pages they put in them with the spa specials. I really didn't have any interest in the spa so I didn't pay much attention to that stuff!

But hope everyone enjoys the upcoming review......I just dont want to be writing it....i want to be back on the lido with no worrys except what time we are planning on going to dinner and what my next drink is going to be....oh and when the next bingo session is!:D

Welcome back - 6 weeks from today I will be sailing down the Chesapeake on the Pride with my DD. I am looking forward to your review. I love photo reviews so I can't wait. At this point everything I read makes me more excited.

I was wondering - what time could you access your room on embarkation day?

I was wondering - what time could you access your room on embarkation day?

When we got to the boat they said that they were running behind due to a medial emergency. What happened we dont know. But we were on board by 12:30 and tried to stop by the room first, the doors were shut to the cabin hallways and the sign on them said they wouldn't be ready until 3:30, but I belive i was around 1:45 or so when the CD Kirk announced that the rooms were all ready! The in laws luggage was 1/2 there when we got to the room, and the remainder and ours was there within about 30 minutes or so. Now keep in mind that we were one of the first 10 cars to get our luggage to the porters, so i'm sure that made a big difference on how we got it so early!

we were on pride the week of april 25th. we got there around 11:00/11:30, dropped our luggage off, walked over to the building and went inside, checked in with no lines, got a zone number and then sat down and waited to get on the ship. Smoothest embarkation ever. Around 1:00 they started boarding the ship by zone numbers and we were on in no time since we were there early and had a low number. Went up to Lido for lunch, walked around and then around 3:00 ish they announced cabins were ready. Went to our cabins and unpacked our carry ons and while doing that our luggage came!! Unpacked real quick and got that out of the way, went to muster drill and then the cruising and fun began!

i suggest go early, avoid the lines!

the seas were fine that week, the 2nd day was just a little bumpy but not bad at all, real windy day. That just depends on the weather.

Past guest party was in the middle of the week sometime, sorry i dont recall exactly what night. It was packed, and held in the room where they have the nightime shows.

hope some of this helped

We were also on the cruise with you! I too had too many DOD and hubby too many buckets! LOL

We arrived at port on Sunday @ 11:45. We got thru to our zone pretty quickly and then waited just a little bit. We were on also around 1-130. Our room was ready at 2:30 and actually 3 of our 5 bags came while we were checking out the room. Our other bags came right down after that when we told the guy we were still missing 2.

I'm sailing on the pride in 41 days so I'm looking forward to reading AND seeing your review. I've read a bunch of them but by the way you're already writing, it sounds very positive.

Does anyone know how they determine the zones? I haven't been on a carnival ship in 16 years so I can't really remember how they do things. :-)

zones are determined by what time you get there and when your finished checking in and have your sail pass, so if your there early you get a low number, and so forth. More or less, first come first serve. Handicap & wheelchairs will go first then by numbers.

So in my opinion you go early and even if you have to sit for an hour, your basically one of the first ones on. there are rows of chairs and they are very organized and the ladies in charge are very nice. If you come later you still would have to wait anyway cause the lines would be longer so why not go early and get on the ship and get your vacation started.

Alright, I guess its time to start this here post on the Mothers Day Sailing of the Carnival Pride. First I'll start with a little background info and then set sail. LOL

So, My name is Adam. My wife who I married on the Carnival Inspiration, Samantha, my Mother, only fitting to take Mom on a Mother's Day vacation, my Father whom I refer to as Pops, and my younger sister Amy, who is about 6 weeks away from turning 21, decided to take another cruise. This time, being that we live only about 4 or so hours from the Port of Baltimore, decided to travel on the Gourgeous Carnival Pride.

We woke up early on Sunday morning around 4 o'clock. Being so excited to be out on a boat again, I had gotten about 5 hours of sleep the night before. We had everything packed and ready to go by 430 and were into my parents house by 4:45. We got the family all loaded up and were on the road by 5am. We were traveling from a town of Greensburg, which is about 40 minutes SE of Pittsburgh PA.

The SIX PACK of Jim Beam, ahh I mean Lipton Iced Tea.

31404_1460602953612_1189571417_1344808_3225766_n.jpg

Harley wanted to go on the Boat also!

31404_1460603153617_1189571417_1344811_3085795_n.jpg

The Truck all loaded up. Don't ask about the Barbies. LOL

31404_1460603313621_1189571417_1344814_6636835_n.jpg

We hopped on the Turnpike and headed towards I-70 in Breezwood. After an hour and a half we were at Breezwood getting a little bit of Breakfast. We continued on down the I-70 for what seemed to be forever, which was actually 115 miles. I had downloaded a mix of music onto my MP3 player including some Carribean tunes.

We finally got through the daunting 115 miles on I-70 and made it to 695. The GPS "LOLA" told me 5 miles then 95. As I continued the trees were begining to clear. Then LOLA yelled out to turn merge on to 95. We followed 95 for 5 miles as LOLA was saying 8 minutes until destination. We came up across a higher part of the road and I began searching the skies for my Fan Tail.

And then my first sighting!!!!!!!!!

31404_1460603353622_1189571417_1344815_4483392_n.jpg

There She is......... My Boat.

31404_1460603473625_1189571417_1344816_6329510_n.jpg

31404_1460603553627_1189571417_1344818_3939716_n.jpg

31404_1461035124416_1189571417_1346193_6870259_n.jpg

31404_1461035244419_1189571417_1346195_7513845_n.jpg

We pulled up an thru the gate and security asked if we were pickin up or dropping off. I told him we were dropping off, all of us. He said that we were early and to pull up and next to the fence and park. We arrived at the port a little after 10 am and the said that they wouldn't be opening the gate for parking until 11. We got out and stretched and gleamed at the awesome site of our home for the next week.

The Terminal

31404_1460603793633_1189571417_1344824_3988677_n.jpg

31404_1460603873635_1189571417_1344825_6734177_n.jpg

31404_1461035364422_1189571417_1346198_6223638_n.jpg

At about 10:50 or so a lady walked down the line of parked cars which we were 5th, and handed out a paper the said PARKING. We were told to place it in our window and to form a line where the cabs were just all parked at. By 5 after 11 we were moving through the gates and closer to the ship. She was massive. WOW. Holy SHIP! LOL .

We drove around the back and saw where our balconies would be.

31404_1461035404423_1189571417_1346199_7290102_n.jpg

31404_1461035444424_1189571417_1346200_8119873_n.jpg

We dropped our luggage off with the porters, and proceeded around to the attendant. The bill was $105.00 for parking for the entire week. Not bad compared to flying to a port. We paid the bill, found a spot to park, grabbed our carry-ons and proceeded to the terminal. There were no photos allowed in the terminal. They were continuously making announcements about NO Photos so we kept the cameras away.

We pulled out the passports, fun pass, and went to the security area. They asked if we had any alcohol, which the wife had a 1.5L bottle of wine. The marked it in their little book, had us open our bag so they could see and we were on to the signing of or illness free paperwork. After completing, we were then directed to one of the awesome staff of Carnival, who verified our info and gave us our Sign and Sail cards. We then walked to another member of the staff that gave us our deck plans and Zone number. Woooooohoooooo Zone 4. We sat in our zone and waited paitiently. We made it through the terminal in about 15 minutes and now it was only 11:35. I asked the gentleman when they would be loading and he stated between 12:30 and 1:30. Ouch, but we would be one of the first with Zone 4.

Now for all that don't know, Zones are given in a first come, first serve manner. Zone 1 is for Handicapped and Special Assistance. Zone 2 is for VIP passengers. Zone 3 starts the regular line-up then. So being Zone 4 meant being the second group to board the ship.

At about 1:00 they came on and explained the embarkation process. Within 15 minutes they were loading the Special Assistance and VIP passengers. We sat waiting eagerly. This is when that inner child comes out. Its like standing at the top of the stairs on Christmas morning knowing that the one big present that you wanted is laying feet away under that tree. We were so Kercited! LOL

Finally they called our Zone and we walked through the doorway to the picture area. We got our picture taken and proceeded to walk around the corner to get our picture taken again.....this time for our sail and sign accounts, and to be DINGED onto the ship. We got through the lines and made our way outside and down to the front of the ship. This thing is massive. We walked down to the front of the ship and into the boat on Deck A. This was the lowest level that passengers could go on the ship.

We were home.

:cool:

Archived