liberty 5/8/10

I think that If I am spending a four figure some on a cruise I should not have to question on weather my food is hot or not. I am not a picky person at all. But Ill tell ya what on the last night when every one in the table surrounding us were also commenting I know it was not just me. Last night better cut of meat hot food and fast service!

That is the most asinine comment I've ever heard. Just because it was supposed to be hot you didn't mention it to the waiter? Open your mouth and tell them so they could fix it at that time. Instead you waited and had a cold meal and just kept getting more and more mad. News flash the wait staff aren't mind readers if you have a problem. People need to act a little more like adults.

That is the most asinine comment I've ever heard. Just because it was supposed to be hot you didn't mention it to the waiter? Open your mouth and tell them so they could fix it at that time. Instead you waited and had a cold meal and just kept getting more and more mad. News flash the wait staff aren't mind readers if you have a problem. People need to act a little more like adults.

NEWS FLASH!!!! what does having a problem with my food have to do with me acting like and adult :mad: and who are you to judge on weather I am a adult and further more This is a cruise critic form last time I checked. I am stating my opinion and my opinion only. thank you for your Two cents but you can have it back.

Have great day its people like you why wait staff spit in your food

Good day :D

Yikes.This has me a little worried.I can always find any type of food to my liking on a cruise but an air conditioned stateroom is a MUST HAVE.I hope this was just a series of unfortunate events.BTW this wil be our first Carnival cruise (August 2010).
Please don't let this ruin your excitement for your upcomming cruise. Not everyone has bad expierences. Sometime the food has issue simple send it back. If no justice is found talk to the Maitre'd. He looks forward to that tip at the end of your cruise. Please believe me after finding hair cooked in my steak. He fixed the problem with chocolate strawberries and a bottle of wine for the trouble.

Just remember there will always be something. Just don't make it EVERYTHING! Enjoy your cruise and have the time of your life..You'll be HOOKED!:D

NEWS FLASH!!!! what does having a problem with my food have to do with me acting like and adult :mad: and who are you to judge on weather I am a adult and further more This is a cruise critic form last time I checked. I am stating my opinion and my opinion only. thank you for your Two cents but you can have it back.

Have great day its people like you why wait staff spit in your food

Good day :D

Lord I hope not!!! wow..:eek:

I have started to write my review about three times now to just decide to delete it.

So long review that would only bore you to read here it is.

Carnival dropped the ball on this one.

Balcony 7397 Beautiful room but NO air conditioning at night woke up soke and wet in sweat YUCK! Bath room and 7 empress smelled like a sewer backed up the hole week.

Food on Lido was just OK

We had cold food at our 8:15 seating in the Silver Olympian every night but the last night.

We ate at Harry's Steak House one night it was fantastic well worth the $30

There seem to be more then a few cut backs on this Cruise that my husband and I noticed from food to entertainment.

I have a big issue when an older man doing some crazy dance dipping then humping women. This is the entertainment for the hole cruise. Plus I found it very tasteless that he was doing it in front of kids

Karaoke was a joke they spent 75% of the time looking for people to be in the legends show ( some who won there spot by default) . Side note how can you have Ricky Martin in a Legends show and not Michael Jackson The King of Pop.

DJ in the Hot and Cool room mix the music not to the crowd will not even bother elaborating on that.

Cruised the Carnival Liberty two years ago and it was great not so sure what happen during that time.

My husband also talked with employee in the late night hours and expressed how he thought the Cruise seem to be cutting back and the worker said that Carnival brought someone on to help them cut cost

They also kept the hot tubs at a luke warm temp until the last sea day

They also waited until the last sea day to promote Corona's

Hi Barracuda - Sorry about your room! I was right down the hall in 7311, but did not experience any of this. BF thought the room was a little warm when we first embarked (he likes it COLD), but I found the temp to be comfortable the entire week. We did not notice a smell at all.

Agreed that the food on the Lido was just OK - burgers and burritos were great though!! We had varying service in the Silver Olympian (late seating) - we switched tables mid-week due to the ship rocking (and highly unfriendly tablemates!) and the service improved ten-fold. Our original waiters were not as attentive and were slow to bring us our food. Our new waiters were excellent and very friendly. Moving tables was probably one of our best decisions all week! The food in the Silver Olympian ranged from average to very good - nothing was awful, nothing was excellent. Was not overly impressed with Harry's - was happy I went, and the food was definitely better than the dining room, but would probably not do it again.

We asked if the dancing old man was employed by Carnival to keep people entertained, but were told multiple times that he was just an over-enthusiastic guest. Agreed that it was inappropriate at times, but if I didn't want to watch, I would just keep my eyes on my book. :)

I guess the quality of your experience all depends on the roll of the dice. Hope your experience did not taint your opinion of cruising!

Hi Barracuda - Sorry about your room! I was right down the hall in 7311, but did not experience any of this. BF thought the room was a little warm when we first embarked (he likes it COLD), but I found the temp to be comfortable the entire week. We did not notice a smell at all.

Agreed that the food on the Lido was just OK - burgers and burritos were great though!! We had varying service in the Silver Olympian (late seating) - we switched tables mid-week due to the ship rocking (and highly unfriendly tablemates!) and the service improved ten-fold. Our original waiters were not as attentive and were slow to bring us our food. Our new waiters were excellent and very friendly. Moving tables was probably one of our best decisions all week! The food in the Silver Olympian ranged from average to very good - nothing was awful, nothing was excellent. Was not overly impressed with Harry's - was happy I went, and the food was definitely better than the dining room, but would probably not do it again.

We asked if the dancing old man was employed by Carnival to keep people entertained, but were told multiple times that he was just an over-enthusiastic guest. Agreed that it was inappropriate at times, but if I didn't want to watch, I would just keep my eyes on my book. :)

I guess the quality of your experience all depends on the roll of the dice. Hope your experience did not taint your opinion of cruising!

My experience did not taint my opinion of cruising at all I love to cruise will continue to cruise and most likely with carnival.

I also would just look away when I did not want to see the man dancing.

did you get a chance to catch a glimps of the women in the teal thong bikini on top of the old man head then sliding back and riding him like a pony in the middle of the lido deck?

Was on the cruise that week as well. Was on Deck 1 and actually turned down the A/C at times. Was on the Liberty 7 months ago on Deck 7 and remember the room being warm and seemed like there was a problem with the A/C.

Lucky with the dining room food. Didn't have any problem with food and did the anytime dining. Food was generally well prepared and hot. Agree with others, the Lido food was ok, nothing special.

The staff was generally friendly, but the people at the pursers desk didn't seem too happy.

While waiting in the Venetian, a couple commented that Carnival had done a lot of cutbacks in staff and service from the previous cruise.

Had a great time. I have been pretty lucky with the food and service when I have sailed on the Liberty.

My experience did not taint my opinion of cruising at all I love to cruise will continue to cruise and most likely with carnival.

I also would just look away when I did not want to see the man dancing.

did you get a chance to catch a glimps of the women in the teal thong bikini on top of the old man head then sliding back and riding him like a pony in the middle of the lido deck?

Oh lordy, I did not! Although I think I know who you are talking about since we were parked in chairs right above her overlooking the pool on Deck 10. I got up at one point to get another drink, looked down and was like "WHOA!" Not used to seeing so much heiny on what I consider to be a "family-friendly" cruise line. :)

I sailed on Liberty in January of this year. We were in a balcony room on deck 7. Luckily, we did not experience any issues with the A/C. Note, we left Miami when it was 45 out. Didn't put on any A/C till we reached St. Thomas! :D

We had dinner every night in the MDR and never experienced any cold food. Had it been served cold, I would have sent it back. Our experience in Harry's Steak house was excellent.

Being with a large amount of the public, you're bound to run into some "different" folk. We did, but nothing to ruin my cruise.

I never smelled any foul odors the entire week.

For the most part, the staff was friendly and service was acceptable.

For those going on the Liberty, I'm sure you'll have a great cruise. Just know, there will always be "things" not to your liking whilst on vacation. Doesn't have to be only on a cruise ship. :rolleyes:

Oh lordy, I did not! Although I think I know who you are talking about since we were parked in chairs right above her overlooking the pool on Deck 10. I got up at one point to get another drink, looked down and was like "WHOA!" Not used to seeing so much heiny on what I consider to be a "family-friendly" cruise line. :)

MY husbands Friend got the hole thing on video :D it is hilarious. I was actually sitting in the hot tub with my husband and another wonderful couple we had met for Orlando and had the best seating in the house for the show lol But I have to agree with you (not uses to seeing this much heiny and it was all of it on what is considered to be a family-friendly cruise)

I do not have children myself but I do know if I did I may have had a problem with it and I'm shore that there are people who did.

All I could say is OMG :DOMG LOOK AT HER LOL HAH HAHHA we laugh so hard.

OH, I really am sorry this offended you. I know people have different sensiblilties.

Myself, I would have died laughing, but then I don't have kids:D

Just wanted to take a second to put up a few things that we did enjoy.

Harry's steak House-wait staff were very fast and friendly. The Food was beautifully prepared. The portions were unreal if you go back to your room hungry its your fault. The cheese cake with fresh raspberries was YUM-O! I feel this meal was well worth the $30 dollars and I could never get a dinner of this size portion, table presence, and served professional as it was for $30 any were else so I give Harry's steak house two thumbs up. They were also nice enough to let me take my cheese cake with me to my room as I could not eat it because I was full.

Phat Cats none R-rated comity show MY sister and I went to this before a dinner seating we really enjoyed this and he was very funny. MY husband spoke with him on the ship and he went out of his way to come and meet me and say hello. Very sweat man.

laying in the sun at the front of the ship same deck as the water slide Was very peaceful. (close enough I'm shore someone who has nothing more to do with there time will chime in with the name of the deck and the politically correct part of the ship I was sitting in. so CHIME IN!:D) The Nice men that was serving the drinks in this aria of the ship was very polite and did not bug us at all . He let us relax and if we needed something he was quick to get it and did it with a smile.

The Track was a very peaceful place to go in the early morning and work out I went there every morning about 7Am or so It is truly beautiful to be up there in the morning looking out into the ocean or at the new ports of call watching the sun come up. I miss it

MY husband enjoyed the cigar bar along with getting to enjoy some great Cuban's . They smell so good.

I got the chance to try a Miami vice drink I enjoyed it I thought it was very good

well many people enjoyed drinking the lemonade and ice tea cruise provided I enjoyed fresh squeezed lemonade and Orangeade that I Made myself. I love the fact that carnival has splenda on there ships as I have to watch the amounts of sugar i consume.

Ports of Call were great

Cozumel

I went shopping all day I walked to down town it was a long walk but it was a beautiful day so it was enjoyable. Took the horse and carage back to the ship for $20 very affordable and fun. bought vanilla a jacket a few necklaces and a beach bag all in all was very fun.

My husband took a taxi for $80 all over the island sight seeing to the ruins and such he said he really enjoyed himself . He bought a Cuban cigar, a bottle of Ciroc Vodka ,and a necklace.

Grand Cayman

Went to Calico Jacks on Seven Mile beach I have been before so I new this was a great spot. My sister and I rented a paddle bike for hour for $15 a peace. This proved to be a lot of fun. We swam in the worm water for a bit then went back to the shopping area for a bit. I bought some tortuga steak sauce its greats stuff to me taste like jurk sauce and A1 mixed together I like it. I also bought rum cake rum raisin and coconut.

Jamaica

My husband met a guy who gave him a free pass to the sky ride for one so this got us all thinking well lets look into it for the rest of us to just pay. Well when we inquired about it we were told IF we wanted to do the Jamaican bobsled ride the Sky ride was included in it because you had to take the ski ride to get to the bobsled for $45 well that was great so we did not end up using the free pass but we all payed the $45 and it was so much fun. If you are scared of heights the sky ride is probably not for you. My sister freeked out a bit but I was fine. Was a lot of fun after we went back to town and did some shopping and Ate some really great Jamaican Jerk chicken in the town. O ya and I don't wanna forget the beef patties they are sooooo good.

Some how we ended up buying three wooden birds not shore what we were thinking but they are ares now lol:D We also bought a bottle of Appleton Jamaican rum YUM-O! a BoB Marlie Shirt, Red stripe bear shirt, My husband also drank about three well we were there. A Horse shoe necklace that I love as I am a equestrian. then we headed back to the ship

Well that about sums it up :D

I consume

• 1 month later...

Im sorry your trip wasnt everything you wanted it to be. My friends were on the 5/1/10 sailing. Everything was great for us. Except the Sail Away party was REALLY crappy. Other than that I loved the Liberty so much I booked her again for later this year. I hope your next trip is everything you want it to be and more + air conditioning :D

I was on the same sailing, and also haven't gotten around to posting my review. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with most aspects of the cruise. I have only sailed Disney before this, and was very worried about trying Carnival, but I had a wonderful time. I was in the Golden Dining room (MTD) but found the food to be wonderful with one exception. On that night, I just ordered the cheese plate AND another dessert and left more than full. Our room was great (deck 2 oceanview) and we had the best cabin steward. The Duet of beef was one of my favorite meals. I got it for the filet, but found the beef underneath to be my favorite. It was like a "roast beef" but had a great seasoning.

We did have some poor dining room service, but since we had different server most nights, we just laughed it off (other people we spoke to agreed the dining rooms staff wasn't the best). I enjoyed most of what I had on the Lido deck, and if I didn't like something, I'd just get something different.

The man on the Lido deck WAS something else. I was traveling without my kids but they would have been bothered by his displays. He truly had no shame. One night I was invited to a private cocktail party (long story, but I was there legitimately), and he came barreling in and started making the rounds. He was not part of the party having the reception, and was grabbing free drinks and being loud and obnoxious. Nobody seemed to want to kick him out, even though nobody wanted him there, and since I wasn't really part of that group, I just kept my tongue.

Overall, I thought the good far outweighed the bad. If I had to deal with no AC, I may have let the other things get to me. I NEED my AC.

No A/C would have had me exercising the Carnival Vacation Guarantee and they would have been reimbursing me for our flights home and the rest of our cruise.

THIS!! If they didn't move me to another cabin ASAP, I would be off the ship. I couldn't tolerate a hot cabin the entire cruise.

Archived