liberty 5/8/10

I have started to write my review about three times now to just decide to delete it.

So long review that would only bore you to read here it is.

Carnival dropped the ball on this one.

Balcony 7397 Beautiful room but NO air conditioning at night woke up soke and wet in sweat YUCK! Bath room and 7 empress smelled like a sewer backed up the hole week.

Food on Lido was just OK

We had cold food at our 8:15 seating in the Silver Olympian every night but the last night.

We ate at Harry's Steak House one night it was fantastic well worth the $30

There seem to be more then a few cut backs on this Cruise that my husband and I noticed from food to entertainment.

I have a big issue when an older man doing some crazy dance dipping then humping women. This is the entertainment for the hole cruise. Plus I found it very tasteless that he was doing it in front of kids

Karaoke was a joke they spent 75% of the time looking for people to be in the legends show ( some who won there spot by default) . Side note how can you have Ricky Martin in a Legends show and not Michael Jackson The King of Pop.

DJ in the Hot and Cool room mix the music not to the crowd will not even bother elaborating on that.

Cruised the Carnival Liberty two years ago and it was great not so sure what happen during that time.

My husband also talked with employee in the late night hours and expressed how he thought the Cruise seem to be cutting back and the worker said that Carnival brought someone on to help them cut cost

They also kept the hot tubs at a luke warm temp until the last sea day

They also waited until the last sea day to promote Corona's

Im sorry that you had no a/c, that would have upset me. I too noticed some little cut backs, nothing serious. Like Iv always had a Carnival ink pen in the cabin, this time there was none, and purser's desk said they dont do them any more, my sister needed a ink pen, her's ran out. I did not notice anything cut back that affected my cruise though.

Maybe do another cruiseline or land vacation, change it up and decide about coming back to Carnival? I know ... no matter what Im going to cruise, and most are like that.

I'm sorry so many things went wrong. Just a quick question about your cold food in the dining room. I've seen this mentioned once or twice before and am wondering if you told your waiter it was cold and sent it back. It seems that if that happened once, a good waiter would make sure the food was the right temperature before bringing out on subsequent nights.

Im sorry that you had no a/c, that would have upset me. I too noticed some little cut backs, nothing serious. Like Iv always had a Carnival ink pen in the cabin, this time there was none, and purser's desk said they dont do them any more, my sister needed a ink pen, her's ran out. I did not notice anything cut back that affected my cruise though.

Maybe do another cruiseline or land vacation, change it up and decide about coming back to Carnival? I know ... no matter what Im going to cruise, and most are like that.

Well I hate to be the on to give you the of bad news but carnival has fib to you because I have a Carnival ink pen in my possession that I got in my cabin on this cruise still in the plastic raping.

One bad cruise will never stop me from cruising and one bad carnival cruise will not stop me form cruising them. this is a sight for honest reviews and I was honest about my experience.

DJ in the Hot and Cool room mix the music not to the crowd will not even bother elaborating on that.

Thats a pet peeve of mine. They play decent music for an hour,dance floor is hoping then they play boomp boomp techno and the floor empties except for a few younger people (18-21) who are not even buying booze.Stupid,stupid ,stupid.:rolleyes: What a revenue loser when the lquor drinking guests leave.

Here's my old gripe. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=762501

Steve

I'm sorry so many things went wrong. Just a quick question about your cold food in the dining room. I've seen this mentioned once or twice before and am wondering if you told your waiter it was cold and sent it back. It seems that if that happened once, a good waiter would make sure the food was the right temperature before bringing out on subsequent nights.

I think that If I am spending a four figure some on a cruise I should not have to question on weather my food is hot or not. I am not a picky person at all. But Ill tell ya what on the last night when every one in the table surrounding us were also commenting I know it was not just me. Last night better cut of meat hot food and fast service!

Thats a pet peeve of mine. They play decent music for an hour,dance floor is hoping then they play boomp boomp techno and the floor empties except for a few younger people (18-21) who are not even buying booze.Stupid,stupid ,stupid.:rolleyes: What a revenue loser when the lquor drinking guests leave.

Here's my old gripe. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=762501

Steve

Totally agree with you this is so true

No A/C would have had me exercising the Carnival Vacation Guarantee and they would have been reimbursing me for our flights home and the rest of our cruise.

No A/C would have had me exercising the Carnival Vacation Guarantee and they would have been reimbursing me for our flights home and the rest of our cruise.

I am with you on that.But what happens if its after the first non US port?

Are the obligated to provide you with A/C?:confused:

I would think if it is advertised as an air conditioned stateroom,is would have to be.

Steve

I would think if it is advertised as an air conditioned stateroom,is would have to be.

Steve

I would say that A/C is expected. If it broke during the cruise, (after the first non US port).... then moving to another cabin would be acceptable.

I am not sure that fans would even be enough if NO A/C was coming out of the vent...because fans help when the A/C is weak....not sure it would help if the A/C was non-existant.

However, if there were no cabins to move to and nothing else could be done...I am not to proud to sleep in the main theater......it is ALWAYS cold in there....

I think that If I am spending a four figure some on a cruise I should not have to question on weather my food is hot or not. I am not a picky person at all. But Ill tell ya what on the last night when every one in the table surrounding us were also commenting I know it was not just me. Last night better cut of meat hot food and fast service!

Folks at my table were also complaining about the food, but more general. Like the petite mignon or whatever it is called, was raw (ordered MW), and tough meat, they said well it didnt say it was filet mignon or whatever cut it was they expected. 5 out of 6 of us got it, and no one liked it.

The lady sitting next to me said the food was the only thing she put on her comment card to be a dissapointment. Mediocre. We had plenty to fill up on, but many didnt like much of the food. I didnt care, I can always find enough to eat...but there were complaints at my table too. Lobster bisquesk (sp?) they said should be creme based, and it was just soup. stuff like that.

Steve

Honest Im not looking for one dollar back from carnival and I would never even bother to ask. Getting my money back does not change the experience because we did love are ports of call and had a great time at all of them and made wonderful memories. My husband and I are not the average complainers we are actuly very quite people when it comes to us not likeing something. In this situation we are choosing not to cruise the carnival liberty in the future . They have more then enough other ships in there fleet that are beautiful wonderful ship. One bad time does not constitute never cruising with them.

Folks at my table were also complaining about the food, but more general. Like the petite mignon or whatever it is called, was raw (ordered MW), and tough meat, they said well it didnt say it was filet mignon or whatever cut it was they expected. 5 out of 6 of us got it, and no one liked it.

The lady sitting next to me said the food was the only thing she put on her comment card to be a dissapointment. Mediocre. We had plenty to fill up on, but many didnt like much of the food. I didnt care, I can always find enough to eat...but there were complaints at my table too. Lobster bisquesk (sp?) they said should be creme based, and it was just soup. stuff like that.

I think I am remember that night we also ordered that dish it was two cuts of meat It was a fillet Mignon on top of a beef tender loin. in actuality it was a tough piece of what they were calling fillet on top of pot roast LOL

Yikes.This has me a little worried.I can always find any type of food to my liking on a cruise but an air conditioned stateroom is a MUST HAVE.I hope this was just a series of unfortunate events.BTW this wil be our first Carnival cruise (August 2010).

We were getting off the ship when you were getting on. Had great food all week, maybe the best since we have been cruising. And AC was so cold the most be turned it down was halfway.

It amazes me how experiences can be so different on the same ship, must be a mix of people, rooms, and luck of the draw.

We had a pen (in the wrapper) in our cabin last month on the Freedom.

I also went down to the pursers desk and asked for another one to have in my bag for the ports and she gave me three:D Maybe the pens are like the chocolates, once the ship runs out of them they are gone from that ship:confused:

Wow , I hope it's all fixed before we get on. Did they fix the AC for you? i can't wait for my cruise.

They were working on the A/C all week well we were on. when we were disembarking they still did not have the ceiling tiles up so I assume they were still in the process of working on the problem as we still had no A/C when we got off.

We had a pen (in the wrapper) in our cabin last month on the Freedom.

I also went down to the pursers desk and asked for another one to have in my bag for the ports and she gave me three:D Maybe the pens are like the chocolates, once the ship runs out of them they are gone from that ship:confused:

well in that case they must be out of food for this weeks cruise I feel bad for that group of cruisers LOL:D

They were working on the A/C all week well we were on. when we were disembarking they still did not have the ceiling tiles up so I assume they were still in the process of working on the problem as we still had no A/C when we got off.

I hope it gets fixed, that's the room i have. Do you have any pictures? It is suppose to have upper bunk and sofa. Thanks.

I hope it gets fixed, that's the room i have. Do you have any pictures? It is suppose to have upper bunk and sofa. Thanks.

I am so sorry I do not have any pictures from the room. But it is a nice room and yes it does have a upper bunk and sofa that converts into a bed. We had four adults and we stayed very comfortably in the room. We were very happy with are room just wish it was a little cooler in there:D I'm shore they will have it all fixed buy the time you are on your cruise and you will have a fabulous time.:)

Archived