Queen Mary 2 to dock in Manhattan not Red Hook

qm2

We are just back from our QM2 voyage and was sure that this car service (Arecibo) was going to be no problem. WRONG!!! they left us waiiting for almost an hour then when DH called back they said no cars available then another half hour DH called again, they sent a smaller, different car service and we were so happy with them. He, Olguer, the driver was just great. We got to talking about white castle hamburgers and he offered to take us there first. Too early for us but he gave us his number and we called on our return from our 24 day voyage. He was there on time and took us to White Castle for the long awaited NY hamburgers. He gave us his personal phone number and I promised to let everyone on CC know if traveling in NYC. He knows the streets, etc and was just great. his personal phone number is

9 1 7 4 7 6 4 6 5 0 and he is quite reasonable for a NYC car. From La Guardia airport Crown Plaza hotel,to the Brooklyn pier terminal, $50.00 for 4 people and 9 suitcases.

Ouch, sorry to hear about Arecibo, I do hope they are not becoming so popular that their service is now suffering. I will certainly keep Olgeur's number handy.

• 4 months later...
Fortunately I will benefit from this alteration, I have never sailed up the Hudson.

I did see you were doing that some time back but thought I would get the chance to tell you last week but that 2 day trip was very hectic.

I have sailed up the Hudson on her twice and a few times on Qe2, so much nicer than coming in to Red Hook.

Plus I can walk to my hotel from that terminal cases and all.

I did see you were doing that some time back but thought I would get the chance to tell you last week but that 2 day trip was very hectic.

I have sailed up the Hudson on her twice and a few times on Qe2, so much nicer than coming in to Red Hook.

Plus I can walk to my hotel from that terminal cases and all.

It was too short but good fun, and better than being ashore.

This thread has suddenly become active and jumped high on the list. But isn't this "old" news? I believe the thread referred to the problems last Spring/early summer when another ship (Princess?) dammaged the Red Hook pier, and so Cunard temporarily had to shift to a Manhattan pier. If so, this was resolved well in time for the July 1 trip, perhaps earlier, and QM2 was back in Red Hook.

Any reason to think there is a new problem that might affect the upcoming November December sailings?:confused:

Fortunately I will benefit from this alteration, I have never sailed up the Hudson.
It is better than Brooklyn.I have done it 15 times aboard QE2 and 4 times aboard QM2 in 2004 and 2005 before the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal opened in April 2006.I am including both the times sailing to and from the Manhattan West Side Piers 88,90 and 92. Regards,Jerry

Going down the P I P and W S H is a lot easier than going more to the B B T and under there.. eh..

I guess that's why they never built our county, Bergen , facility in Rockleigh here, eh..

It is an hour transport time to the County Seat Courts and an hour back .:cool:

I wonder how many know the Hudson River actually starts just north of the Passenger Cruise Ship Terminal ?

As all so know.. "Proof is in the Eating of the Pudding "

“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.” Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776

It is better than Brooklyn.I have done it 15 times aboard QE2 and 4 times aboard QM2 in 2004 and 2005 before the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal opened in April 2006.I am including both the times sailing to and from the Manhattan West Side Piers 88,90 and 92. Regards,Jerry

Hi voyagerdreamer, I think the reference is to a few sailings in 2011, no immediate changes. (See post #103).

Wow! Right you are! :o

What fun if indeed we will be sailing for the July 1 trip out of Manhattan! I live on the UWS in NYC, so this could not be more convenient -- and it is so very pretty to sail down the Hudson, with the NY skyline on one side and NJ and Palisades on the other. This is something to really look forward to, isn't it?! :)

...and it is so very pretty to sail down the Hudson, with the NY skyline on one side and NJ and Palisades on the other. This is something to really look forward to, isn't it?! :)

Yes, but not quite the same thrill as riding down the West Side Highway in a speeding yellow cab without seat belts, thru the tunnel and coming to a shrieking stop at the Red Hook Terminal :D:D:D

Archived