Legend 5/9/2010 review with pics

ChuckLL

If you were on the Imagination I have a pic of you sailing in.

Imagez.jpg

I would highly recommend the Legend. The only ship that I've liked better has been the Miracle (a sister ship to the Legend).

That's great! What's interesting is that we were up on the deck somewhere watching the ship come into port. Too bad I can't pick myself out in your photo, lol!

As I said before I told Tex about his popularity on here. Later on during the tour we talked about it again. He said that it might have something to do with his accent and his grasp of English. I don't think that's it at all. I think it's his personality. He seems to like what he does and within a very few minutes he has you feeling like you're riding around with a friend instead of a tour guide.

I don't think that's it. I think it's because he's so personable and friendly. He really seems to go the extra mile to make sure that you're having a good time. Plus, he was very willing to have conversations about politics, the economy, and other deeper topics to let you really get a feel for the culture than just typical tour guide stuff. He really did seem like a friend by the time we left.

What an awesome review! Thanks for taking the time to post it. My husband will appreciate your dining room experiment, glad to hear that the food still taste good no matter what anyone is wearing!

We are looking forward to our first time aboard the Legend this October.

PS Feel better!

This is a great review!! Your photos are amazing!!!! What kind of camera did you use? (I probably missed it in this thread :o)

Panasonic FZ35. I've been very happy with it. It also shots pretty good video.

I want to think the folks who have taken the time to read this, and those who have taken the time to comment. I do appreciate the comments and am glad that some of you got at least a small bit of entertainment or information from it. I really did enjoy it. Maybe I didn't too bad of a job for my first try.

Before I get through there is one other thing that I want to talk about and that is passenger behavior. We all need to remember that just because we are on vacation that it is not an excuse to leave our manners at home. The worst cruise that I've ever been on was on the Glory and it was due to the rudest group of passengers that I've ever encountered. Some of the things I saw on that Glory cruise were simply amazing.

With that said, I have to applaud my fellow passengers on this sailing of the Legend. They were one of the best groups that I have ever sailed with. I would sail with them again in a heartbeat. There was the occasional instance of manners being forgotten, but it wasn't so much blatant rudeness as it was someone just getting caught up in the excitement of things.

So thanks to Carnival, Victor Bodden Tours, Tex, the crew of the Legend, and my fellow passengers for a wonderful time.

P1010185.jpg

Thanks for sharing your cruise experience on the legend.

I enjoyed everything you put into it, Thank You!

Do you recall which broadway shows they did?

Could you tell me which nights they asked for formal wear?

Seattlecruiser- Thanks for sharing your time dining worked for you with a larger party.

I dug up all of the Fun Times but one. I don't know where it's at.

The shows were: The Big Easy and Jazz Hot.

The formal (now called elegant) nights were Monday (the 2nd night) and Friday (the 6th night).

The formal (now called elegant) nights were Monday (the 2nd night) and Friday (the 6th night).

Loved your review...and your sense of humor! We will have a big family group on the Legend in August so I've been reading any and every review I can! We also have a tour booked with Victor Bodden. I requested Tex but he isn't available...instead we will be with Ali...looking forward to a fun day regardless. We toured with Victor back in 2004 when he was just starting his business. I'm hoping I get a chance to see Victor and say "hi" when we are in Roatan.

Got a question for ya...did you go to the "Farewell Party" at the end of the week? Just wondering which day and what time it was. Also...curious as to when the Past Guest Party was held.

Any chance you might scan your Fun Times and post them?? <please>!

Thanks again for the great report!

My hubby wore jeans in the dining room on the Legend last week. I think jeans are fine as long as you wear a nice shirt with them (i.e. no t-shirts or wife-beaters).

AryMay, I can answer the farewell party question. It was the last day at sea (the day before we got back to Tampa) at 4:30 p.m.

Loved your review...and your sense of humor! We will have a big family group on the Legend in August so I've been reading any and every review I can! We also have a tour booked with Victor Bodden. I requested Tex but he isn't available...instead we will be with Ali...looking forward to a fun day regardless. We toured with Victor back in 2004 when he was just starting his business. I'm hoping I get a chance to see Victor and say "hi" when we are in Roatan.

Got a question for ya...did you go to the "Farewell Party" at the end of the week? Just wondering which day and what time it was. Also...curious as to when the Past Guest Party was held.

Any chance you might scan your Fun Times and post them?? <please>!

Thanks again for the great report!

I can probably scan and post them. It will take a day or so though. The doctor has me on some sort of high powered cough syrup. It doesn't really help the cough. It makes it so you don't care that you have a cough. Just check back on this thread in a day or so.

My hubby wore jeans in the dining room on the Legend last week. I think jeans are fine as long as you wear a nice shirt with them (i.e. no t-shirts or wife-beaters).

AryMay, I can answer the farewell party question. It was the last day at sea (the day before we got back to Tampa) at 4:30 p.m.

Thanks!

Also to the OP...hope you get feeling better soon!

Love your review, keep up the good work!

I have a question about anytime dining I've done it my last cruise but with a party of 4 with no problems. This year my group is growing to 8 right now and worried anytime with 8 people would be a little harder. Did you see larger group do this on this ship? Where did they have anytime on the second floor of the dining room?

Thanks for your help!

I had any time dining with eight a few nights on my cruise last week. We just let the dining room know ahead of time and they had a large round table ready for us when we arrived.

Thank you, and hope your feeling better soon!

I had any time dining with eight a few nights on my cruise last week. We just let the dining room know ahead of time and they had a large round table ready for us when we arrived.

Just make reservations a head of time, perfect!

Thank you

As I said before I told Tex about his popularity on here. Later on during the tour we talked about it again. He said that it might have something to do with his accent and his grasp of English. I don't think that's it at all. I think it's his personality. He seems to like what he does and within a very few minutes he has you feeling like you're riding around with a friend instead of a tour guide.

We are booked to have Tex as our tour guide in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.:)

I don't know what it is about cruises. I caught a cold the last day of our cruise last year and couldn't sleep at all that night. I catnapped all the way home. I think it took me about a week to get over it. We also just took a city tour around Cozumel. It was really sad to see some of the hurricane damage from Wilma. When we got back to the tourist area, we also stopped and had drinks at Three Amigos. We have a couple in the Houston area. We were sitting there wondering why it was taking so long just for 2 "Ritas", when I looked up and here comes this guy with 2 huge glasses on top of his head. I reached for my camera and wouldn't you know it, my battery decided at that moment to die. I always carry a spare with me, but, couldn't get it out my purse fast enough. He bent down and told me to take the top one, then stood up and walked over to my husband and bent down again. I was really impressed with him and the way they rebuilt the area. I had my picture taken with one of those guys dressed in all gray. I didn't think he was real until I saw him move. We were there in March and it wasn't too hot, but, I can imagine how it is in the summer. Your review and pictures were great. Mix the humor in there and it is one great review.

The next stop was the one I had been waiting for: Roatan. It seemed to take longer to dock here than at other ports. Maybe it was the wind. Maybe something else. It doesn't matter as we finally did dock. We had yet another beautiful view from the balcony.

P1030352.jpg

We had never been here before and had a tour scheduled with Victor Bodden Tours. I researched the CC boards and a lot of people recommend requesting Tex as the guide if you book with Bodden Tours. I had booked kind of last minute though so I didn't request anyone.

For those of you who don't know, the independent tour operators are not allowed into the tourist complex at Roatan. If you have an independent tour book you have to walk out of the complex area and up a fairly steep roadway to get to the area where the independents are located. As soon as my wife saw the walk required she gave me "that look". I've gotten "that look" many times during our marriage. Nothing good generally comes from "that look". As a matter of fact, "that look" usually means that my life will be somewhat miserable for the immediate future.

By the way, did I mention that my wife doesn't like hills? Or mountains? Or roads that twist along and over hills or mountains? She DISlikes those things as much as I like chocolate. By the way (again), did I mention that Roatan has hills and mountains (well, almost mountains) and roads that twist along them?

It was about this point that I discovered that "that look" also comes in a double-barreled version. Yep. Double-barreled like the shotgun but not nearly as nice.

Thankfully we finally reached someone holding a "Victor Bodden" sign. Unfortunately he directed us to another guy farther down the road. Much to my surprise "that look" now also apparently comes in a Gatlin gun version. Before I could learn much more about "that look" we reached our guide who turns out to be...Tex.

I told him that he had many recommends on CC. He just laughed and joked that I was putting him under too much pressure.

I explained that I was mainly interested in some photo ops so he first took us to a little spot on the water where I could get a few shots. Then took us to his home. Below is from his backyard.

P1030084.jpg

We watched the dolphins swim awhile before hitting the road again.

P1030089.jpg

Then we went to Victor's Monkey Business. Remember "that look" that I mentioned earlier? Well, my wife loves animals and the look below made "that look" disappear completely.

P1030145.jpg

When we got done there her exact words were: do whatever you want for the rest of the day because I'm happy.

More of Roatan to come....

Our family loved Rotan, Loved the Legend, loved Victor Bodden Tours and Tex!!! Still our favorite port experience to date!!! You made all the right decisions on this one. We are sailing Legend again next April and can't wait.

Thank you, and hope your feeling better soon!

katiecat, I've scanned the first in, but I can't reduce it down without it being unreadable. I don't know if CC has size limits so I'm kind of scared to stick it in a post.

So try these download links and see if it works:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Bucket_pail/Fun%20Times/FT11.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Bucket_pail/Fun%20Times/FT12.jpg

katiecat, I've scanned the first in, but I can't reduce it down without it being unreadable. I don't know if CC has size limits so I'm kind of scared to stick it in a post.

So try these download links and see if it works:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Bucket_pail/Fun%20Times/FT11.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Bucket_pail/Fun%20Times/FT12.jpg

If I zoom in I can read these just fine...thanks so much for posting!

I'm curious about this activity listed on the second page at the bottom right:

A Real Whodunnit

Who will you pin it on? Follow the clues and use your skills of detection to decide who the guilty party is in our murder mystery.

It was listed in the section "Looking Ahead" so I assume it was something that took place later in the week. Did you attend or know anything about this?

If I zoom in I can read these just fine...thanks so much for posting!

I'm curious about this activity listed on the second page at the bottom right:

A Real Whodunnit

Who will you pin it on? Follow the clues and use your skills of detection to decide who the guilty party is in our murder mystery.

It was listed in the section "Looking Ahead" so I assume it was something that took place later in the week. Did you attend or know anything about this?

I didn't take part but I think it concluded on the last night. I'll scan and post links to the other Fun Times by mid-day tomorrow so keep checking in.

Fantastic review! And love the pictures. The Legend is on my list of ships to sail on, plus I love Tampa and St Pete's. Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences and photos.:)

Day three.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Bucket_pail/FT31.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Bucket_pail/FT32.jpg

And while I'm posting here's a pic that I posted in another thread. It's of my wife's eye while she was sitting on the balcony. To the left of the pupil you can see the balcony divider and part of the railing. My wife doesn't care for it and thinks it's freaky. I think it's pretty wild.

eye.jpg

Archived