Legend 5/9/2010 review with pics

ChuckLL

Thanks so much for taking time to post the links to the Fun Times. You might want to check the ones for Friday however...I think you posted the same one twice.

Even though the information really isn't different I think the new Fun Times are organized better and easier to read than the old Capers.

Thanks so much for taking time to post the links to the Fun Times. You might want to check the ones for Friday however...I think you posted the same one twice.

Even though the information really isn't different I think the new Fun Times are organized better and easier to read than the old Capers.

You're right. Sorry about that. I agree about them being easier to read. One thing that's sort of interesting that you may have already noticed. On the front page Wee Jimmy's name is smaller and the "Wee" is longer each day.

I'll link the last one in the morning. Here's the correct link for Friday.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/Bucket_pail/FT62.jpg

Was there a chocolate buffet or midnight buffet?

Thanks,

Maggie

I can't really say about the midnight buffet as I was in the bed by then. I don't remember hearing anything about a midnight buffet.

As for the chocolate buffet, that's a tough question. At lunch on Saturday (I think) they did have mostly chocolate desserts and the chocolate fountain. The thing is that it didn't seem to me to have as big a variety or seem to be as big a production as on our previous cruises. I also don't remember seeing or hearing it advertised as the chocolate buffet.

Hey ChuckLL,

I am glad to see there are others out there like myself. I to wondered how it would go over when I did not do the traditional dress up. I HATE the monkey suites as well. Don't get me wrong, I have three or four. Even have a Tux due to my Job. If I am going to have to suffer in one of the monkey suites, it needs to fit perfect, so I refuse to rent.

I made my observations on the first day, then I decided to venture out and see what limits I could push. I was able to get away with Levi's in the main dining room. The fashion police did bust me one time when I tried to get away with shorts in one of the speciality resturants. I did not intentionally try this out. We were walking by, stopped into the Resturant to see if and how long until we would be able to get in. He responded, we could be seated right now if I had not been wearing shorts. I ran back to my room, grabbed the trusty old pair of Levi's and headed back to enjoy a very wonderful evening.

May we all live long and prosperous in a comfortable pair of Levi's

Thanks again for posting the Fun Times.

I noticed the Farewell party was listed as one of the activities, but no where else did I see any mention that free drinks would be served. Do you remember if it was announced at all? I wonder if Carnival just hopes no one knows about it so they don't have to foot the bill for so many free drinks.

I was also looking for the chocolate buffet...I thought it was usually on the last sea day at noon but don't see it mentioned either.

I will also mention that on past cruises I have insisted that DH take a suit for formal night. He was very nice about it and looked wonderful....but...with the airline's added cost of luggage the next time it will be a shirt and tie only. By NOT taking the suit he will have room for his scuba gear! And you are right...the lobster will still taste just as good!

Thanks again for posting the Fun Times.

I noticed the Farewell party was listed as one of the activities, but no where else did I see any mention that free drinks would be served. Do you remember if it was announced at all? I wonder if Carnival just hopes no one knows about it so they don't have to foot the bill for so many free drinks.

I was also looking for the chocolate buffet...I thought it was usually on the last sea day at noon but don't see it mentioned either.

I will also mention that on past cruises I have insisted that DH take a suit for formal night. He was very nice about it and looked wonderful....but...with the airline's added cost of luggage the next time it will be a shirt and tie only. By NOT taking the suit he will have room for his scuba gear! And you are right...the lobster will still taste just as good!

Someone asked about the chocolate buffet earlier. At lunch on Saturday (I think) they did have mostly chocolate desserts and the chocolate fountain. The thing is that it didn't seem to me to have as big a variety or seem to be as big a production as on our previous cruises. I also don't remember seeing or hearing it advertised as the chocolate buffet. As a chocoholic I was slightly disappointed.

LOVED THE REPORT!! But DH wants to know if he needs to take his "monkey suit" at all? He wants to just wear dockers & open collar on elegant nights. Could you tell me what you saw? Sept on the Legend will be our 34th cruise & we are still excited! Thanks

LOVED THE REPORT!! But DH wants to know if he needs to take his "monkey suit" at all? He wants to just wear dockers & open collar on elegant nights. Could you tell me what you saw? Sept on the Legend will be our 34th cruise & we are still excited! Thanks

Based on what I saw he would be fine wearing that.

I've going to try my hand at writing a review of our May 9 cruise on the Carnival Legend. I've never done this before so we'll see how it goes.

ChuckLL -- I am booked on the Legend in October and your wonderfully witty review and your awesome photos have only served to whet my appetite even more. Thanks for taking the time to put in such a great effort! It is obvious that many on this forum have benefited from your very keen eye and your ability to capture your observations in a very humorous and entertaining way.:p

ChuckLL -- I am booked on the Legend in October and your wonderfully witty review and your awesome photos have only served to whet my appetite even more. Thanks for taking the time to put in such a great effort! It is obvious that many on this forum have benefited from your very keen eye and your ability to capture your observations in a very humorous and entertaining way.:p

Thanks to you and everyone else, but I have to confess that the whole review was sort of selfishness on my part as it let me relive it all over again. Almost.

Can you tell me about the time changes between the ship and the ports? Are they the same? Do we stay on ship time or porrt time? etc.

Thanks,

Maggie

I stayed on ship time and I believe that is the recommendation. While having a good time is extremely important, getting back to the ship on time is (in my opinion) even more important.

I really can't say which port is on which time zone as the only booked excursion that I had was in Roatan and it didn't have a set time. It essentially started when I got there.

If I remember correctly though Belize time is different than ship time.

It's about to get busy at the box office, so ...the little island off of Belize is Goff's Caye. Please reprint that picture under ports for Belize, that would definity answer alot of questions regarding that island. It is the most beautiful place.

My coworker and I laughed all afternoon at your story, and I will definitely come back to your review. WE sailed the Legend in Febrauary, and will sail her again in December 2011. Thanks so much for a great tale, and the pics!:)

Well I finally got a chance to get back and check out the rest of review and watch the video. Thanks for that. It was great. Again, that little island was Goff's Caye, it's the last island when you head out of Belize, before you hit the gulf. I can't wait to get on the legend again.

Archived