Oil Spill

Yeah, my husband was hoping that his recreational fishing trip would still be on for next weekend out of Venice.... but he found out today it is most definitely cancelled. (we had heard talk that the fishing was opened up again, but apparently not....)...

You did well taking that cruise when you did. Tonight they are reporting heavy oil in South Pass. :(

Cruise ships sailing from the Port of New Orleans do not normally use South Pass to enter the Gulf; they exit the river through Southwest Pass (which has only reported scattered oil patches up to this point).

Not an emplyee of BP, just a shareholder. And only in the last week, yield over 7%, how can you lose? Sorry for being the heartless investor.......

And I do like pork, just wasn't impressed with the Jerk Pork in the MDR....

Just a dumb american here......how the heck could BP make money when it will cost them billions to clean up this mess:confused:

Just a dumb american here......how the heck could BP make money when it will cost them billions to clean up this mess:confused:

They are looking a little shy of 300 billion in rev this year, with some pretty solid growth over last year and now close to an 8% yield.

Yes, this will be a disaster, PR hit, and the estimates (while not in the billionS, yet) are that the clean up will cost close to a billion $. But keep in mind this company takes in almost a billion dollars A DAY in revenue. And in a year this (financially) will all be forgotten. Terrible accident, good buy. Keep emotions out of it.

Just curious....did you have this stock already....or did it take a big hit when the oil spill first happened and then has gone up already???

I don't begrudge you.....there are always people making money when others are suffering.....just the way the balley bounces:cool:

Unfortunately a lot of the damage is "irreplaceble"...you can't buy new coral reefs....or can ya...LOL...

Just curious....did you have this stock already....or did it take a big hit when the oil spill first happened and then has gone up already???

I don't begrudge you.....there are always people making money when others are suffering.....just the way the balley bounces:cool:

Unfortunately a lot of the damage is "irreplaceble"...you can't buy new coral reefs....or can ya...LOL...

No, I had a buy order in that activated at the beginning of the week, so I didn't have stock until then, except maybe a little in 401k $. I love the water and wildlife, and what is happening down there truely is sad. But I do try to be cold when investing, investing with your heart will get you in trouble.

Yes, snarkey replys, but true none the less. There is no way of knowing how is is going to effect certain areas in 6 WEEKS let alone 6 MONTHS. You can only take the info you have now and book/don't book/change ships/cancel. This is the old 'I'm cruising in october, will there be a hurricane?' question asked in May. It is un-answerable, the best you will get are guesses.

All of what you say is correct - including that the replies are snarkey. Couldn't the same thing be said without being snarkey?

Archived