NCL GEM - Q re dining and Q re kids club

stacylv

Will be doing Med in July and have 2 Q cant seem to find on NCL website:

(1) anyone have list of restaurants and which one has charges and how much they are... and if anyone has advice re reservations (not in suite).. do you have to rush when you board to do right away?

(2) age groups for kids club and what hours they have -- I know there are difft. sessions

Will be doing Med in July and have 2 Q cant seem to find on NCL website:

(1) anyone have list of restaurants and which one has charges and how much they are... and if anyone has advice re reservations (not in suite).. do you have to rush when you board to do right away?

(2) age groups for kids club and what hours they have -- I know there are difft. sessions

Kids club age groups http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

2-5

6-9

10-12

13-17

Times: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

Hours of Operation

Embarkation Day8:00 P.M. to 10:30 P.M.Sea Day9:00 A.M. to 10:30 P.M.Port Day*Departure from Port to 10:30 P.M.

Thanks... not sure how I missed that hope my other question wasnt that obvious!

Here's a list of the restaurants on the GEM

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/publicRooms.html?shipCode=GEM

Free... Grand Pacific, Magenta, Blue Lagoon, Room Service (tip), Topsiders Grill, Garden Cafe (buffet)

$10 Tequilas, La Quichina,

$20 Le Bistro

Our experience on the Gem last week was that the specialty restaurants never ever filled up. Except for a few certain times in Teppanyaki, there was always something available and Teppanyaki was easy to get the day before or morning of. This was a very low participation group of passengers compared to other cruises we've been on, nothing was ever crowded. I can't say whether that will be true come the Summer season.

I'm curious to know about reservations also. Are they only available to suite passengers, or can anyone reserve and if so, how soon?

Much of the time reservations are not needed...

Reservations can be made for the entire length of the cruise by suite passengers, regular cruisers can make reservations 24 hours in advance I believe.

I'm curious to know about reservations also. Are they only available to suite passengers, or can anyone reserve and if so, how soon?

Much of the time reservations are not needed...

Reservations can be made for the entire length of the cruise by suite passengers, regular cruisers can make reservations 24 hours in advance I believe.

That's right. The policy states day before or day of.

Archived