Freakin about aft

I have aft deck 7 corner balcony booked on FOS. My DP is afraid it will be too rough. We have been on 4 cruises and never gotten sick. I think foreward would be worse then aft,,,,,we have always been mid before. What do you think?

Once your DP gets on that Balcony, they will forget about everything else.

Have to add my two cents------We were talked into an aft cabin, by the RCI person we made our reservation with. We had heard mixed feelings about aft cabins. We have never looked back (no pun intended). We always book an aft cabin.

I have problems with sea sickness and I have never had extra problems in an aft cabin. The balcony is wonderful. Two loungers and table. Great place for an afternoon nap.

This is a horrible cabin! You will be miserable during your entire cruise. Tell you what . . . I'll help you out. I'll take that awful place off your hands.

Seriously, an aft balcony is absolutely THE BEST CABIN on the whole ship. You're very lucky!

This is a horrible cabin! You will be miserable during your entire cruise. Tell you what . . . I'll help you out. I'll take that awful place off your hands.

Seriously, an aft balcony is absolutely THE BEST CABIN on the whole ship. You're very lucky!

+1. stop freaking, you don't know what you got

I have aft deck 7 corner balcony booked on FOS. My DP is afraid it will be too rough. We have been on 4 cruises and never gotten sick. I think foreward would be worse then aft,,,,,we have always been mid before. What do you think?

You'll be fine, we did a transatlantic in the very front cabin on deck 5, and it was wonderful.

Good morning everyone, I am thinking of booking Navigator Of The Seas corner aft cabin 1668. Can anyone tell me if we will be okay...we will have our 11 year old daughter with us. It is a 5 night cruise to western carribean. What do you all think...should I go for it?

what week are you looking at? 1668 is not a aft cabin facing the wake like others are talking about on this thread.

Jimbo:)

We just changed to cabin 7410 yesterday after wonderful reviews, fingers crossed.

1404 on deck 10 is open and has a better view then the deck 7 cabin you selected. I would switch to that. Cabin itself is larger then the deck 7 cabin also.

Might be a little bit more money for the deck 10 compared to the deck 10 cabin but well worth it.

Jimbo:)

I also had a question since all of you seem to know alot about aft cabins. Does it matter what deck you are on to have a great balcolny cabin? I am booked on the LOS and when I looked at my reservation it says that I am on Deck 6 in the back of the ship "deck aft starboard" (I have no clue what that means) I am not all the way in the back of the ship but on the sides. Is this a good location (not like I can change it now)? I hope so. Thanks for any suggestions. Have a great day;)

I also had a question since all of you seem to know alot about aft cabins. Does it matter what deck you are on to have a great balcolny cabin? I am booked on the LOS and when I looked at my reservation it says that I am on Deck 6 in the back of the ship "deck aft starboard" (I have no clue what that means) I am not all the way in the back of the ship but on the sides. Is this a good location (not like I can change it now)? I hope so. Thanks for any suggestions. Have a great day;)

Your view of the surroundings is not as good as the higher decks but you are closer to the water which is a plus for me. If you go to this site you can probably see photos from the Voyager class which is the same on LOS.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

Mysticks1:

Really?? :-( that sucks. Will it be an obstructed view or something? I should have looked on this website before I booked :-(

No - not obstructed, just the higher up you are the further out you can see. For example when pulling into port you can see further out if you are on the uppermost deck - just like being on a higher floor in a hotel, the higher the floor the better your view is.

Archived