Freakin about aft

I have aft deck 7 corner balcony booked on FOS. My DP is afraid it will be too rough. We have been on 4 cruises and never gotten sick. I think foreward would be worse then aft,,,,,we have always been mid before. What do you think?

I have aft deck 7 corner balcony booked on FOS. My DP is afraid it will be too rough. We have been on 4 cruises and never gotten sick. I think foreward would be worse then aft,,,,,we have always been mid before. What do you think?

Our first balcony on the AOS was in a similar location to yours and we had no issues. We are booked on FOS aft on 7 also but not as far back as yours. We have never had any issues and I think deck 7 is low enough. We were on 6 on Liberty and it was fine.

You do know that the ship is one big "float"...the front and back do NOT move independantly from the rest....so if it's rough, you'll feel it EVERYWHERE! If it's calm, it's smooth sailing everywhere!

Unless you plan on never leaving your cabin, you'll only be there to sleep and change...location is not the big deal it's made out to be!

We've had deck 7 corner afts with those huge balconies on both the Navigator and Independence. LOVE IT! We've been fortunate to have smooth seas on our Royal Caribbean sailings. As cb pointed out, if it's rough, you will feel it everywhere. But with rough seas the rocking is usually more bow to stern than side to side, so mid ship may have a little less movement.

However - with the aft cabins, your bed(s) are placed sideways with the ship which sure beats the bow to stern (or stern to bow) placement you would get with a side cabin.

These ships also have great stablizers. We had a side cabin on our Disney cruise and, I don't know if it was rough seas or what, but, while gentle, the head to toe rocking was very pronounced when we were in bed.

We were in room 7408 on LOS in 2007. My sister was in 7410. We LOVED our cabin! The balcony was HUGE. In my experience, you feel the least amount of movement on the lower decks (no side to side sway, as the boat pivots on its hull). Being front or aft shouldn't make a difference.

I'm sure we weren't supposed to do this, but we bought a hammock in Mexico and tied it up on our balcony. So serene.

I remember we were worried about soot from the smokestacks, but there were no issues with that.

Have fun! If you're in 7408 it's a GREAT cabin!

Tell the dh to relax. I have had a few corner afts and they are the best and you will love it!

Leaving in 5 days on FOS 7708 and sooooo looking forward to it. You really have a wonderful cabin and if you came back from your cruise and said you hated it, I would be shocked!! Enjoy!!:D

You will also be overlooking a huge suite (Royal Family Suite, maybe?) and a crew-only deck. It can be interesting at times. :) But no issues at all with privacy. Also, it's very cool to watch the ship's wake. Very calming.

Tell the dh to relax. I have had a few corner afts and they are the best and you will love it!

Leaving in 5 days on FOS 7708 and sooooo looking forward to it. You really have a wonderful cabin and if you came back from your cruise and said you hated it, I would be shocked!! Enjoy!!:D

Bucaneergirl, please report back we are in 7708 in for our Liberty Cruise in June.

I book well in advance just to get the deck 7 cabins. I had 7688 on the Mariner (Port Side corner - deck 7) and loved it. I booked the same cabin on Freedom of the Seas for our next cruise in March.

I didn't notice any more movement there than I did when we had inside mid deck cabins on other ships. I loved the view and being able to see aft and to the side.

You should love the cabin - If you are afraid of seasickness you should look into taking Ginger Root Capsules which is all natural and available in all drug stores, Wal-Mart, etc. We start taking them the day before the cruise - 2 in the morning and 2 at night. They don't have the side effects of some of the other OTC medications.

Yes Bucaneergirl, we too are in 7708 in October, let us know what you think. We love corner afts.

Mysticks, I think you will love your cabin. I do agree however that the being in the bow you may feel a little more movement, and it is definetly louder, especially when the drop anchor!:eek:

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Capn

Good morning everyone, I am thinking of booking Navigator Of The Seas corner aft cabin 1668. Can anyone tell me if we will be okay...we will have our 11 year old daughter with us. It is a 5 night cruise to western carribean. What do you all think...should I go for it?

Bucaneergirl, please report back we are in 7708 in for our Liberty Cruise in June.

I'll make sure and take a bunch of pics. We had this cabin last May and the balcony is huge! It had 4 regular chairs, 2 lounge chairs, a table and room for more. It is totally in the shade, but I didn't mind since I don't like to get sun.

It is quite a walk to get to the cabin, but you have to walk off all that food anyway.

We scored a corner after balcony on the Explorer of the Seas and OMG was it ever great!! :) You will be very satisfied! As for motion, I have to tell you that I felt LESS motion on that particular ship in that cabin than on any other that I have ever sailed.

No worries...just enjoy and be glad you scored such a great location! :cool:

We sailed on the Enchantment of the Seas in the Royal Suite (forward - next to the bridge). I never got seasick, but had sea legs for almost a week after the cruise ended. I prefer the middle of the ship.

We were in room 7408 on LOS in 2007. My sister was in 7410. We LOVED our cabin! The balcony was HUGE. In my experience, you feel the least amount of movement on the lower decks (no side to side sway, as the boat pivots on its hull). Being front or aft shouldn't make a difference.

I'm sure we weren't supposed to do this, but we bought a hammock in Mexico and tied it up on our balcony. So serene.

I remember we were worried about soot from the smokestacks, but there were no issues with that.

Have fun! If you're in 7408 it's a GREAT cabin!

We'll be in 7410 for our October sailing. :)

Archived