Favorite Grand Cayman bar for drinks & eats?

cheaptravel

Tell me about your favorite bar for good drinks and eats (and atmosphere) perferrably close to the tender area. We will be taking a Nativeways Rays, Reef & Rum tour, but will have a little bit of time to spare when we get back (I hope !!)

Thanks !

It may be a little commercialized depending on your tastes, but Margaritaville was a blast. Free tequila shots, good music with a participative dj and crowd made for a great lunch. There was even a water-slide in the restaurant. Just a few blocks from the dock...

We have been to Rakham's a couple of times. Nice open air bar by the water.

Some friends on various Carnival ships like to go to Fidel Murphy's. It does require a taxi...unless you are into a long walk. It is suppose to be an Irish Pub.

I have not tried it myself...but will be doing so on the next trip there.

Just be aware that things are a lot more expensive in Grand Cayman. A friend treated us to lunch at Casanova's next to Rakhams and lunch was $172 for 5 people.

Better conch fritters than Key West? Approximate cost?

Fritter appetizer and 2 draft pint sized beers + tip was about $20; booze is not cheap in GC!:mad: Better than Key West, or at least tied - lots of conch, great flavor, nice and hot. Good luck!:)

Some friends on various Carnival ships like to go to Fidel Murphy's. It does require a taxi...unless you are into a long walk. It is suppose to be an Irish Pub.

I haven't had very good experiences with Fidel Murphy's, with service or food. I vastly prefer the Triple Crown pub (Brit rather than Irish) which is also along West Bay Rd (the road that follows Seven Mile Beach).

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_detail.asp?restaurantID=104

Archived