Where is Constellation in Fall 2011??

Cruising Bill

I'm sorry if I have missed this, but I cannot find a thread about this. I was looking to see what the Constellation's transatlantic itinerary is for fall of 2011, but can't find anything. It seems the Connie's last cruise (that I can find) in Europe is a 10 night September 7, 2011 (ending in Athens), then nothing until it reappears on November 19, 2011 in Fort Lauderdale.

Any ideas? I think this is too long for charter, and Connie shouldn't be due for a refurb at that time.

Thanks!

That may be when Summit is scheduled for her dry dock "Solsticezation" of the ship. Constellation is undergoing that now, and that might be when Summit will be in for her changes.

I am booked on that Amsterdam to Athens on Sept. 7, 2011, and I jumped on it the day it became available. Then about a week later, it showed totally sold out except for a $10,000 pp suite! and now even that's gone.

And they've never filled in the blanks with the Sept. 17th to Nov. 19th cruises.

I believe they were planning to do some Greek isles cruises, and the negotiating probably wasn't finished before the Greece financial disaster and bail-out. The EU might've put certain restrictions on business dealings, such as no discounted agreements, sort of like bankruptcy court puts on companies with protection while they try to get out of bankruptcy.

Anyway, I've asked on numerous occasions and nobody I've found at Celebrity is willing or able to tell me. I do find it a bit strange that they're just leaving those two months in booking limbo, and I won't be at all surprised if they change the end port for my cruise.

I really thought this info would be forthcoming, after they finally announced what Century is doing.

I'd love to hear if anybody else has more knowledge about it. Thanks for asking the Q, Bill.

--May

I am booked on that Amsterdam to Athens on Sept. 7, 2011, and I jumped on it the day it became available. Then about a week later, it showed totally sold out except for a $10,000 pp suite! and now even that's gone.

And they've never filled in the blanks with the Sept. 17th to Nov. 19th cruises.

I believe they were planning to do some Greek isles cruises, and the negotiating probably wasn't finished before the Greece financial disaster and bail-out. The EU might've put certain restrictions on business dealings, such as no discounted agreements, sort of like bankruptcy court puts on companies with protection while they try to get out of bankruptcy.

Anyway, I've asked on numerous occasions and nobody I've found at Celebrity is willing or able to tell me. I do find it a bit strange that they're just leaving those two months in booking limbo, and I won't be at all surprised if they change the end port for my cruise.

I really thought this info would be forthcoming, after they finally announced what Century is doing.

I'd love to hear if anybody else has more knowledge about it. Thanks for asking the Q, Bill.

--May

I've been wondering about this question for quite sometime now. I've called Captain's Club and gotten no responses at all, with the exception of wonder on the part of the agent. One agent did say that it looked like the cruise you are on down to Athens might be on hold for a charter, but after I asked a few more questions, agreed it was only an educated guess, as this is sometimes what happens in a situation like that. I like your suggestion that it has to do with the economic situation in Greece. Fall of 2011 is still far away and delaying a decision for a few months isn't going to hurt Celebrity that much, considering any negotiations that are done right now might not be binding anyway.

Steve

I'm looking around to see what I can find. This is very interesting. She had itineraries before. It makes me wonder if this might be a sign about Mercury or are they thinking or bringing her back to Caribbean early.

We'll have to keep our eyes open on this one.

If they forget to schedule her, they can just let us all stay onboard, WHAT a hoot THAT would be!

I see what you mean -- Mercury's last scheduled departure is in April, 2011. They probably will want to resolve that, before the two months in Autumn, 2011, for Connie -- which is such a popular ship, she'll fill up no matter what she does.

X hopes to sell Mercury, but problems with the economy and Germany being asked to take on a large part of Greece's bailout it might make it rather tough for the German cruiseline to come up with X's asking price. If she doesn't sell X has to figure out what to do with her and it could affect other ships.

We could see an X ship back in the Caribbean during the summer and it might not be Mercury. That could cause one or more ships to change itineraries.

Only time will tell

Archived