hotels in Vancouver -- free parking?

Hello: My husband, brother, and sister-in-law will be sailing the inside passage to Alaska out of Vancouver on July 3rd. We'll be driving from Washington state. Does anyone know of a hotel in Vancouver that would allow us to spend the night and then leave our car in their lot during the week? If this is an impossibiilty, suggestions regarding inexpensive parking would be appreciated. Thanks.

I lived in Vancouver for years and have since relocated to Victoria but I visit Vancouver often and still have family there. Not one of us can imagine any hotel in downtown area of Vancouver providing you with free or even inexpensive parking for a week. In fact, if you are staying anywhere in the downtown area, which I assume you would be if you want to be close the port, I can't imagine you will even get free parking for the night you are staying at the hotel. Most hotels charge their guests at least $12 - $15 a night and some more than that. Parking in downtown Vancouver is pricey and even if you went a bit outside of downtown I doubt you'd free or cheap parking.

Having said all that, your best bet would probably be a city parkade that might give you a weekly rate. The city owned and operated lots tend to be more reasonably priced that the privately owned ones. http://www.easypark.ca/index.aspx

Another thing to try is http://www.cruisepark.com which might be simpler as they cater cruise ship passengers. Last I heard they charged about $100 week CDN for parking.

I wish you luck in finding something and enjoy your cruise!

I'm in Vancouver now and I'm at the Executive Vintage Pk. They have $15 a nite parking with free shuttle to the cruise dock. You might give them a call. There is parking at the dock but I believe its more. You might also consider parking in Bellingham and taking Amtrak for $13 or Quickcoach.com from Seattle or Bellingham airport.

Hello: My husband, brother, and sister-in-law will be sailing the inside passage to Alaska out of Vancouver on July 3rd. We'll be driving from Washington state. Does anyone know of a hotel in Vancouver that would allow us to spend the night and then leave our car in their lot during the week? If this is an impossibiilty, suggestions regarding inexpensive parking would be appreciated. Thanks.

Coast Plaza has a cruise & park package. Although it's not the cheapest room rate, it's probably cheaper than a hotel + 7 days in a parking lot.

https://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/vancouver/coast_plaza/packages_and_specials/cruise

I lived in Vancouver for years and have since relocated to Victoria but I visit Vancouver often and still have family there. Not one of us can imagine any hotel in downtown area of Vancouver providing you with free or even inexpensive parking for a week. In fact, if you are staying anywhere in the downtown area, which I assume you would be if you want to be close the port, I can't imagine you will even get free parking for the night you are staying at the hotel. Most hotels charge their guests at least $12 - $15 a night and some more than that. Parking in downtown Vancouver is pricey and even if you went a bit outside of downtown I doubt you'd free or cheap parking.

Having said all that, your best bet would probably be a city parkade that might give you a weekly rate. The city owned and operated lots tend to be more reasonably priced that the privately owned ones. http://www.easypark.ca/index.aspx

Another thing to try is www.cruisepark.com which might be simpler as they cater cruise ship passengers. Last I heard they charged about $100 week CDN for parking.

I wish you luck in finding something and enjoy your cruise!

It's about $170 now... I've been pricing it up for my September cruise. And it's likely to be more with the HST.

The Best Western - Downtown on Drake St. has a park and cruise package, however no downtown hotel can afford to give free parking, it is only discounted in the package. The BW also offers a shuttle to the pier.

Archived