Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

APDMOM,

I think that we saw your flash going off like crazy. Thank you so much. Hopefully it wasn't too dark. Talk to you when we get back from the Bahamas.

Pictures are now posted on your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2255352

Hope you have a GREAT cruise with calm waters! :)

APDMOM

Great pictures! We are bringing the kids, who have never cruised. We will be on the Fascination Feb. 13, on the water works corner. Is there any chance you will be available that day?

Thank you,

Ann

Hi Ann! I have added you to my calendar. If nothing unforeseen comes up, we will be there. :)

we will be on the F one last time in a few weeks, this has been our fav carnival ship, we decided to catch it one more time before it left jaxport!

22 feb 2016 is our sailing this year. we will do a rci ship in may then try the ecstasy from Charleston at Halloween!

;)

APDMOM-We will be on the Fascination on Saturday. Could you take a picture for us? :)

We will be on the sports deck. Our friends were upgraded to the PH so we will be on their balcony.

Thanks so much,

Brandy

Hi Brandy,

I have put you on my calendar. Could you please clarify where you will be... Sports deck or balcony? If on the sports deck - aft or forward? If on the balcony, let me know the cabin number or vicinity so I can zoom in, if you want. I can only zoom in on the starboard side, as the ship is too far away when we can see port side.

Enjoy the final countdown to your cruise! :)

Hi Brandy,

I have put you on my calendar. Could you please clarify where you will be... Sports deck or balcony? If on the sports deck - aft or forward? If on the balcony, let me know the cabin number or vicinity so I can zoom in, if you want. I can only zoom in on the starboard side, as the ship is too far away when we can see port side.

Enjoy the final countdown to your cruise! :)

Let's just say that we will be at the waterworks. I will stand on the starboard side! He has the Penthouse and I'm not sure you can see the balcony. I think it looks over the Lido deck, maybe? :confused:

Thank you so much! I'm hoping there is no rain on Saturday!

Let's just say that we will be at the waterworks. I will stand on the starboard side! He has the Penthouse and I'm not sure you can see the balcony. I think it looks over the Lido deck, maybe? :confused:

Thank you so much! I'm hoping there is no rain on Saturday!

So far, it looks like it will be a sunny day... Safe travels until we "see" you :)

APDMOM-We will be on the Fascination on Saturday. Could you take a picture for us? :)

We will be on the sports deck. Our friends were upgraded to the PH so we will be on their balcony.

Thanks so much,

Brandy

Hi, Brandy,

We just barely made it to the ship yesterday... it was moving fast!

The bad news is that our computer died on Friday, so we are setting up a new one. The monitor we ordered will not be in until the 27th. So, I will post the pictures after the 27th. I don't have a way to put them on my iPad.

Smooth sailings!

APDMOM

Hi, Brandy,

We just barely made it to the ship yesterday... it was moving fast!

The bad news is that our computer died on Friday, so we are setting up a new one. The monitor we ordered will not be in until the 27th. So, I will post the pictures after the 27th. I don't have a way to put them on my iPad.

Smooth sailings!

APDMOM

Well, thanks to Best Buy, our monitor came in sooner than expected. So, the pictures are now posted on your roll call. Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2221684&page=4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
APDMOM

Great pictures! We are bringing the kids, who have never cruised. We will be on the Fascination Feb. 13, on the water works corner. Is there any chance you will be available that day?

Thank you,

Ann

Hi, Ann,

It was a bit cold at the river, so I am not sure if we saw you on deck. I took quite a few pictures, which I posted at the roll call. Hope you have a great cruise!

Here is the link to the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49079749&posted=1#post49079749

Hi, Ann,

It was a bit cold at the river, so I am not sure if we saw you on deck. I took quite a few pictures, which I posted at the roll call. Hope you have a great cruise!

Here is the link to the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49079749&posted=1#post49079749

Thank you so much! You were right, it was freezing! Yes, you did get us on the deck. Thanks again for freezing for us! You are so generous to do this for strangers. The kids are so surprised that there really was someone taking pictures of us.

Ann

but we did empress and port side:(

not sure what time we'd pass for review but if its near 5pm we'll prolly be in the cabin stuffing clothes away and dressing for dinner

I did grab one of your pics the other day and now its my desktop on my computer! :)

Thank you so much! You were right, it was freezing! Yes, you did get us on the deck. Thanks again for freezing for us! You are so generous to do this for strangers. The kids are so surprised that there really was someone taking pictures of us.

Ann

You are welcome! It was not too bad where we were, but I could tell it would be very cold on the deck where it is so windy too.

On the way to work this morning, I saw the ship waiting to go under the bridge. It is always a great way to start a work day - seeing the ship return. :)

but we did empress and port side:(

not sure what time we'd pass for review but if its near 5pm we'll prolly be in the cabin stuffing clothes away and dressing for dinner

I did grab one of your pics the other day and now its my desktop on my computer! :)

I post our "next ship" on our desktop too! :) The next 3 cruises we are booked on are on ships we saw in port on one of our previous cruises, so it is fun to see our own pictures of ships we had not even booked at the time we took the pictures.

If our son does not have too much homework, we might cross over to the other side of the river for a change. If we stay on our side, we catch the ship around 5:10-5:30 p.m. So, I know you will be getting ready for dinner. I think we see the ship around 4:40 if we cross over - closer to the Dames Point bridge...

and not sure if we're gonna have a CC meet and greet, we only have a handful of posters on the thread

we are leaving Saturday to head down to jax and will stay online sat, sun, Monday morning so if we work out a meeting that would have us on deck at that time Ill let you know

ken

This is so neat! I can't believe you get out there to take all of these photos - how fun! We are sailing on her on 2/27 - and while we have a fairly small roll call, we are hoping to meet by the tail to watch her pass under the bridge. Hoping it warms up some more before we go!

edit - Just had a chance to read through some of the thread and find some helpful information. If you are going to be out there on 2/27 - we would love a photo also! While we are planning the meet and greet I think for sailaway, I realize that 1 - you would likely not see us up there, and 2 - that the meet and greet will probably be over by the time that we sail by your beach.

We are staying in one of the Starboard GS - so I will plan to be on our balcony around that time, if you will be out!

Edited by ohitssunshine
Added info

This is so neat! I can't believe you get out there to take all of these photos - how fun! We are sailing on her on 2/27 - and while we have a fairly small roll call, we are hoping to meet by the tail to watch her pass under the bridge. Hoping it warms up some more before we go!

edit - Just had a chance to read through some of the thread and find some helpful information. If you are going to be out there on 2/27 - we would love a photo also! While we are planning the meet and greet I think for sailaway, I realize that 1 - you would likely not see us up there, and 2 - that the meet and greet will probably be over by the time that we sail by your beach.

We are staying in one of the Starboard GS - so I will plan to be on our balcony around that time, if you will be out!

If nothing comes up, we will be there. :) Which cabin number do you have? That way I can be sure to zoom in for you. If you don't want to post the cabin # here, you can just e-mail at APDMOM@live.com

Hopefully, we can capture you!

and not sure if we're gonna have a CC meet and greet, we only have a handful of posters on the thread

we are leaving Saturday to head down to jax and will stay online sat, sun, Monday morning so if we work out a meeting that would have us on deck at that time Ill let you know

ken

That sounds like a good plan.

Also, do you have plans for things to do in Jax? If not, I can really recommend a visit to St Augustine... Look into St George Street, Castillo de San Marco, Trolley tour, San Sebastian Winery, if interested :)

a year or two ago when there was some kind of festival going on in town

We've cruised a ton out of jax going on the jubilee, celebration and half dozen times on the F out of there. And recently in stead of driving all the way into cape C on cruises from there we stay in jax and do that last two hours the morning of departure so we don't get bored sitting around the hotel watching the clock tick!

We've got some friends travelling the same time as us. but not cruising and we may be able to hook up with them. I think they may be staying on the coast there this weekend too. gotta give em a call tonight to see where they are...

OF COURSE, we have to cross the threshold of the 747 club for a beer or three as well;)

a year or two ago when there was some kind of festival going on in town

We've cruised a ton out of jax going on the jubilee, celebration and half dozen times on the F out of there. And recently in stead of driving all the way into cape C on cruises from there we stay in jax and do that last two hours the morning of departure so we don't get bored sitting around the hotel watching the clock tick!

We've got some friends travelling the same time as us. but not cruising and we may be able to hook up with them. I think they may be staying on the coast there this weekend too. gotta give em a call tonight to see where they are...

OF COURSE, we have to cross the threshold of the 747 club for a beer or three as well;)

Great! We love Jacksonville. We moved away for two years, but missed the ocean and Florida too much, so we moved right back :D

Enjoy your last few days of the countdown!