Mercury isn't the real asset

JEDIKNIGHT

Well, on paper yes the vessel is the asset.

But it's Mercury's officers, crew, and culture of service and going above and beyond that is thee asset. It was this that caused this writer who normally cruises Regent to make a switch, even feel foolish for missing X all these years. But then I cruised Summit recently which was good....but certainly not to the levels of Mercury.

After return from Mercury cruise, I booked a VIP associate on Infinity Alaska but I felt that Mercury was so superior to my Summit cruise, I wanted to stick with a winner. Spent more on airfare to Vancouver vs Seattle, booked a nicer cabin due to short notice, even ate a cancellation fee but now my guests are booked on Mercury.

I'm sure it's impossible.

But I wish they'd take the current group of Mercury officers and crew....and just give them the next ship whatever it is.

The officers and crew are the true asset to X as far as Merc is concerned.

Here! Here!

Most other ships could take a lessen from the crew of the Mercury. What they provided us in terms of warm hospitality, efficiency and an attitude that says "whatever it takes to make your vacation memorable" is to be admired and envied.

They are going to be sent all over the fleet while some will be going home

if their contracts are up...it all depends on timing but I doubt all of the

crew and staff will be going to the same ship.

As the crew of the Mercury goes to different ships the level of service where ever they end up will be that much improved. They should all be hired to train new crew. Just booked the farewell cruise of 2/14 and it will be a great cruise though a little sad. I know it is the crew that makes Mercury the best but I also prefer the smaller ships. I guess I will be moving to the M class as I want to stay with Celebrity. Happy cruising to you all. Jill

Merucry doesn't have the M-Class T-spa; Mercury doesn't have the Specialty Restaurant of even Century or the M-Class and certainly not the level of S-Class; Mercury doesn't have the special bars and disco of S-Class or the decor.

Some will say it's the size, but in truth, She isn't exactly the size of the Oceanias, Azarama's and so on - not Mega, but certainly not a small ship.

So what is it? Must be the Service! As I'd posted on the other Mercury-related threads, our first cruise on 'X' was Mercury in Nov '97 - and 'X' became our Line of Choice. We've cruised her twice more on the West Coast Wine Cruises which were repositionings from Alaska. Special cruises that made us repeat it.

We will go that route on the Millennium (love that T-Spa!), but will go one one time on Mercury, again a Thanksgiving cruise. And we will truly enjoy it, especailly being on a Stern Cabin. Could ruin us for all others!!

this thread is a nice and accurate description (I know its all subjective, but....)

Denny

Archived