Hi from the Solstice

seacruise9

We are sailing on the Solstice in 2 weeks and I am concerned about where we are going to put our clothes. I understand that there are no large drawers or shelves. Mostly we take shorts and polos and tee shirts I do not want to hang these items up. I want to be able to keep them folded and put them on shelves or in drawers.

Can anyone that has sailed on the Solstice help me? Looking at photos I only see closets for hanging clothes. HELP!!!

The drawer space is good. 4 large enough drawers. We put underwear, bathing suits, pj's in them, hung our clothes in the closet, there was another shelf in the closet, (above the safe). we piled our shoes there. Over the beds there were 2 large closets, we put our beach stuff up there (swimming noodles) beach bags, Your celebrity issued beach towels are up there. Suitcases went under the bed. We had a plastic bag in our suitcases for our dirty clothes. Bathrooms has plenty of space.

By the way we are two ladies traveling together, so now you know there is more then enough room for everything.

Linda

Hi,

I am currently aboard the Celebrity Solstice. We are docked in Costa Maya, Mexico. I am extremely impressed with this ship. I have done many cruises on a wide variety of ships, but this is probably the most beautiful ship that I have sailed aboard. The ship's interiors truly are stunning. It is easy to see why this class of ships is so popular. The Solstice is an incredible ship.

Chuck

My Solstice Western adventure begins June 20th. Perhaps someone aboard right now can tell me about tendering at GC. Where exactly do you board the tender - forward, mid-ship or aft and on which deck? I have mobility problems, but cannot use my scooter with the tender. Therefore, we want to do as little of walking in the morning as possible on the way to the tender. If I remember correctly, they use one end to disembark at GC & another to embark. Any advice will help greatly. Thanks. Deb

Can you tell me how the people are dressed for dinner? Are they following the dress code?

Do they dress nice for dinner? Are men wearing slacks & collar shirts at diiner and women wearing nice attire? Hope there are no people at dinner dressed in shorts & t-shirts an stupid baseball caps! What about formal night?

Also, how is the food?????

Last cruise was on Carnival and I was extremely disgusted with the way people came to dinner!!!

Thanks for any info!

My Solstice Western adventure begins June 20th. Perhaps someone aboard right now can tell me about tendering at GC. Where exactly do you board the tender - forward, mid-ship or aft and on which deck? I have mobility problems, but cannot use my scooter with the tender. Therefore, we want to do as little of walking in the morning as possible on the way to the tender. If I remember correctly, they use one end to disembark at GC & another to embark. Any advice will help greatly. Thanks. Deb

Just got back from the Solstice today. As I remember the tender for GC was aft on deck 2 for both coming and going. I didn't have a planned excursion that day and got off the ship around 10:30 am without issue. There was a line for the tender but only to wait for the boat, everyone waiting with us was able to get on the boat that arrived. The staff will tell you to go to deck 3 to go to deck 2 from the stairs but don't do it if you have mobility issues, the aft elevator will take you directly to where you need to be.

I'm pretty sure I'm remembering correctly but they could change it, so have someone investigate before you go down.

Can you tell me how the people are dressed for dinner? Are they following the dress code?

Do they dress nice for dinner? Are men wearing slacks & collar shirts at diiner and women wearing nice attire? Hope there are no people at dinner dressed in shorts & t-shirts an stupid baseball caps! What about formal night?

Also, how is the food?????

Last cruise was on Carnival and I was extremely disgusted with the way people came to dinner!!!

Thanks for any info![/quote

Just got off 5/23.

Food IMO was very good in MDR and Buffet. Did not do a specialty rest.

As far as dress, Considerably more people follow the dress code than on Carnival. Very very few shorts and no T's in MDR. As far as Formal nights all the women were very nicely dressed. For the men, most wore dark suits. I think I saw more tuxes on Carnival than Celebrity but more suits on Celebrity than Carnival. I remember very few men without a suit.

Keith

There is a new Cruise Director named Paul Baya who is fantastic on the ship.

Paul interacts with all cruisers, participates in most every event and even sings at times. We think he is one of Celebrity's best CD's. His style is to be very visible and seems always to have the time to chat with any guest. Celebrity has a gem of a CD with Paul. As I said on another posting we have rescheduled our next cruise to sail with Paul again.

Mike

Archived