Hi from the Solstice

seacruise9

Hi,

I am currently aboard the Celebrity Solstice. We are docked in Costa Maya, Mexico. I am extremely impressed with this ship. I have done many cruises on a wide variety of ships, but this is probably the most beautiful ship that I have sailed aboard. The ship's interiors truly are stunning. It is easy to see why this class of ships is so popular. The Solstice is an incredible ship.

Chuck

Hi,

I am currently aboard the Celebrity Solstice. We are docked in Costa Maya, Mexico. I am extremely impressed with this ship. I have done many cruises on a wide variety of ships, but this is probably the most beautiful ship that I have sailed aboard. The ship's interiors truly are stunning. It is easy to see why this class of ships is so popular. The Solstice is an incredible ship.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck,

That means a lot from such an experienced cruiser! By the way, we are doing the same itinerary in two weeks. This will be our second cruise on the Solstice and our first Aqua Class cabin (always wanted to try Blu) and I agree, Celebrity is way out in front with this new class of ship!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

Thanks so much, Chuck. That's exactly what I needed to hear. I'll be boarding the Solstice on Sunday as you are leaving and I'm so excited about returning to Celebrity after a six-year hiatus. You really make me glad I chose the Solstice.

Happy sailing!

Peggy

Hi,

Chuck

Hi Chuck !

Thanks for your post. We are sailing again on Solstice for 2 weeks in July. It is great to hear you are having an excellent time. Enjoy !

Chuck, WOW! that's so cool. Thank you for the good words. Will be on the Solstice & Celebrity for the 1st time on June 6. Celebrating our daughter's college graduation and can't wait to get started. Hope the rest of your cruise is lovely.:)

thanks chuck i heard the entertainer quy is at the end of contract and left and took his band that played 50's with him... what type of music is there now? i hope caribean music. i can't wait leaving to come on ship on june 6, tell me what kind of music is playing at the pool .:confused:

We are sailing on the Solstice in 2 weeks and I am concerned about where we are going to put our clothes. I understand that there are no large drawers or shelves. Mostly we take shorts and polos and tee shirts I do not want to hang these items up. I want to be able to keep them folded and put them on shelves or in drawers.

Can anyone that has sailed on the Solstice help me? Looking at photos I only see closets for hanging clothes. HELP!!!

We are sailing on the Solstice in 2 weeks and I am concerned about where we are going to put our clothes. I understand that there are no large drawers or shelves. Mostly we take shorts and polos and tee shirts I do not want to hang these items up. I want to be able to keep them folded and put them on shelves or in drawers.

There is very ample storage in the bin above the bed... If you are of normal height, you won't have difficulty in accessing it...

There is very ample storage in the bin above the bed... If you are of normal height, you won't have difficulty in accessing it...
I also read someone's report that there's room to use your suitcase like as drawer from under the bed. That's probably what I will end up doing.

Hi Seacruise9,

I was a first time cruiser on the Solstice on the 5/16 cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and this is my first post. I loved the ship although I'm not a good sailor. Have you met Raul from Spain? He is part of the entertainment crew and I never got to say goodbye to him. If you meet him, could you tell him that the "older lady" from Boston that he picked up from the dance floor on the first day (he literally picked me up because I slipped and fell) says hello?

Can anyone that has sailed on the Solstice help me? Looking at photos I only see closets for hanging clothes. HELP!!!

There is plenty of room (in my opinion) in the drawers for T-shirts and shorts! I brought too many clothes and still had plenty of room for everything without having to use the storage above the bed.

Well, I am not very tall but that can be a job for DH - right?

Thank you!

I thought they had women design these staterooms:confused: and the best they could come up with was a bar to put your foot on so that you can shave your legs ????? How DID we all shave our legs before that little bar ????? What were they thinking when they did not put drawers or shelves in?

Check out this Solstice album---the pictures start at the entrance and go around the room and cover every detail...I found it to be the most helpful set of pictures I have ever seen!

Celebrity Solstice AQ 1552 pictures

I don't know! :eek:

I was being sarcastic - my point was more storage for our clothes would have meant a lot more to me than a stupid little bar to put my foot on when I shave my legs:rolleyes:. I have managed to shave my legs for 48 years without a "little bar" in my shower.

They could have taken some ideas from some of the great RV's that are out there and put a drawer or two under the small sofa (the ones that do not turn into sleep sofas. If they had not made the staterooms smaller they could have kept "real nightstands" that had drawers in them. What do we do with our underwear and PJ's - hang them up?

This would be one of my few negatives with this ship.....storage. My bf and I only take one suitcase each and we found it tight. Why they designed the closet the way they did is beyond me.......

There are drawers at the side of the desk but only one set. Even rccl had a bigger closet and two sets of drawers. Put your suitcases under the bed. Use the cabinets above the bed for folded clothes.

I was thinking about bringing my mom on one of these ships but don't know how we would go about putting away clothes for 3 people......not sure why but I am shocked that storage for passengers would be key to a good cabin????

As you can see, from the link I posted above, there are several drawers and shelves in the bathroom that you can use for lingerie as well as your toiletries. :D That is a big plus since the other drawer space is limited.

I, too, wonder at the placement of the closet! Not very practical.

There is plenty of room (in my opinion) in the drawers for T-shirts and shorts! I brought too many clothes and still had plenty of room for everything without having to use the storage above the bed.
I agree, we had plenty of drawer space without the overbed storage. That was almost useless except for stuff we didn't use much.I hang my shorts on the skirt hangers in the closet, 2 pair to a hanger.Last cruise we had a handicapped room (I am disabled) no overbed storage and the bedside tables had a drawer and were larger, big help.:)

I was being sarcastic - my point was more storage for our clothes would have meant a lot more to me than a stupid little bar to put my foot on when I shave my legs:rolleyes:. I have managed to shave my legs for 48 years without a "little bar" in my shower.

They could have taken some ideas from some of the great RV's that are out there and put a drawer or two under the small sofa (the ones that do not turn into sleep sofas. If they had not made the staterooms smaller they could have kept "real nightstands" that had drawers in them. What do we do with our underwear and PJ's - hang them up?

They could get a lot of good ideas from the RV industry. PJ's go under the pillows. LOL

Archived